General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: 【Download】K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 Final
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: February 13, 2009 04:51PM

Terry

None of the password saving prompts are working. It does not retain your passwords nor insert them automatically when you return to a page requiring a password. Many of the files that one expects to find in the profile are missing after you start the browser. I can only presume that these components were left out when you compiled the program.

password saving is not present because the wallet.dll is not included in this version. From Gecko 1.9.2a, Mozilla removed wallet component from seamonkey which means KM needs a new mechanism for saving password in compatible with new Gecko. However the old wallet.dll still works with KM right now (don't know whether in the future.)

So, copy components\wallet.dll from 0.091 or 0.09 final to this version's components folder, delete the 2 .dat file in this folder and restart KM, it should fix your prolbme of password saving for now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.091V2
Posted by: anonymous
Date: February 23, 2009 05:29AM

Thank you for such an excellent build, Hao Jiang!
K-Meleon is pretty much ready to substitute Firefox in my main machine.
However, I do have some general questions, if anyone can help that would be much appreciated:

1, Is it possible to resize window to certain dimensions quickly? I usually bookmark javascript:resizeTo(x,y) in Ff to quickly resize my browser window. I see that typing that in K-Melon doesn't do anything.
2. How does one remove some buttons from the toolbar? I don't actually need the "Search" and "Open Notes" buttons, and they're taking up too much space when I resize my window to 1024px. It's also great if I can rearrange the button sorting.
3. Is it possible to reduce the number of lines for mouse/keyboard scrolling?
4. How do you customize search provider settings? Is there a way to make K-Meleon to support OpenSearch so I can just install from http://mycroft.mozdev.org?

Thank you in advance!

Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 23, 2009 06:11AM

for no.1 check desgas KWC tool (control many km windows aspects)
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/ExternalApplications#misc

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,78900

for your other enquires, they can be easily modified in the official kmeleon through about:config.. i'm not sure how to alter those settings in lua kmeleon(no xul).. hao should know

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 23, 2009 01:29PM

1) Sorry but KWC not have implemented window resize features yet sad smiley
Is possible that you need make a lua macro to execute the javascript code.

2) Read documentation about toolbars.cfg file.

3) For scroll try to add this integer preference in some prefs.js file:
toolkit.scrollbox.scrollIncrement

4) To change search engines you need modify lua\searchbar.lua file.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2009 01:31PM by desga2.

Posted by: anonymous
Date: February 28, 2009 05:34AM

I have tried to insert the line you mentioned in prefs.js file, but it didn't do anything sad smiley

Also is it possible to set Adblock to subscribe to filter subscription like Firefox's?

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 28, 2009 09:20AM

anonymous
Also is it possible to set Adblock to subscribe to filter subscription like Firefox's?

AFAIK impossible, You need another chrome.dll and chrome to set Adblock...
You could only try to redo Adblock's subscribe mechanism with lua macros.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 09:21AM by guenter.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.