General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ULTRA LITE KMLITE
Date: February 04, 2009 01:06AM

guenter
pref("kmeleon.general.skinsCurrent", "Phoenity"); is altered to Your skin's name in in: ./program files/K-Meleon/defaults/prefs/kmeleon.js - default settings are there.

So: pref("kmeleon.general.skinsCurrent", "textonly");
Not: pref("kmeleon.general.skinsCurrent", "Kronos");

Look also into other *.js at this location. Look in all files in folder
./program files/K-Meleon/defaults/. They govern all new setups and new profiles.
They also customize private setups.

I fixed some things ( at some expense of bulk about: plugins, netError... & No I am not doing for You, but for future mini chromes, plus to relearn things I lost between November 2007 and March 2008 ).

Hope You have a calm night shift. I @ home, hacking chrome & listening to Greek music.

ERR...Hmh...I will try tommorow again ...I allready tryied today several times tonight and after that the installer would not work...BUt it might be only because Of the old Kmlite..

I will look into it tommorow morning...

Thank you guenter

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tobias
Date: February 04, 2009 07:11PM

I'm writing this post with KMlite Gorilla's Km, and I have found it a priceless piece of software. It's very lightweight, very fast, low memory comsumption...
My 100% pure true congratulations, Gorilla.
Good job in the good way. Next versions expected.
Tobias

Date: February 04, 2009 08:14PM

tobias
I'm writing this post with KMlite Gorilla's Km, and I have found it a priceless piece of software. It's very lightweight, very fast, low memory comsumption...
Tobias

Thanks a lot Tobias...

But the other guys here helped me as well by pointing me in the right direction..

Among them :disrupted ,desga, guenter, fred ,tobias and bassically everyone who ever bothered to answer my posts has really helped me a lot...

A new version based on K-Meleon 1.5.2 will soon arrive..Just pray that i will have enough ciggies and coffe so i do not have to lose my focus by getting out to buy`em..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2009 08:23PM by Gorilla no baka.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 04, 2009 09:47PM
Date: February 04, 2009 11:12PM

Neah...I am happy so far... I know in the long run they`re gonna kill me but ..
Heck,crossing the street can get you killed nowadays..so sod it..:O

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 04, 2009 11:17PM

PPL do not smoke for addiction but fun and to function better, concentrate longer.smiling smiley
I started when I had too long hours & while I had to stay fully watchful.

When that reason fell away? Several friends & I used Zyban - I quit 5 years ago.
All said that the intensive withdrawal symptoms only last ca. 48 h. During that time I was eagerly waiting for the next time I could take another Zyban sad smiley After that I even forgot to take them during the time I was supposed to continue to take them grinning smiley

p.s. All looked whether it would worked with the peers & then followed the example.

Date: February 04, 2009 11:25PM

grinning smiley If You smoke, drink and have sxUNWORD You die, if You do not You will die just the same.

Gorilla no baka

And do worse I lost a good share of skills and brain in an accident.

Date: February 04, 2009 11:30PM

grinning smiley If You smoke, drink and have sxUNWORD You die, if You do not You will die just the same.

Gorilla no baka

And do worse I lost a good share of skills and brain in an accident.

Forum slow again. Hat several of these today:

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx/0.6.31

Date: February 04, 2009 11:37PM

guenter

Gorilla no baka

Forum slow again. Hat several of these today:

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx/0.6.31

Yeah i noticed that one too ..

Date: February 04, 2009 11:51PM

damn that chicago servers migration.. forum search became useless too

Posted by: tobias
Date: February 05, 2009 02:14PM

Gorilla no baka
tobias
Tobias

Thanks a lot Tobias...

But the other guys here helped me as well by pointing me in the right direction..

Among them :disrupted ,desga, guenter, fred ,tobias and bassically everyone who ever bothered to answer my posts has really helped me a lot...

A new version based on K-Meleon 1.5.2 will soon arrive..Just pray that i will have enough ciggies and coffe so i do not have to lose my focus by getting out to buy`em..

Sorry, Gorilla, my computer knowledge is very small, I only can offer you my congratulations and good desires for the future development of your version. I tasted it yesterday and I have found a very good piece of software. Tobias.

Date: February 05, 2009 04:37PM

tobias
Gorilla no baka
tobias
Tobias

Thanks a lot Tobias...

Sorry, Gorilla, my computer knowledge is very small, I only can offer you my congratulations and good desires for the future development of your version. I tasted it yesterday and I have found a very good piece of software. Tobias.

No worries...

Thank you again...

Posted by: dreamz
Date: February 06, 2009 09:27PM

nice work, gorilla no baka! it's certainly a lot lighter. of course, i noticed a few problems, at least on my machine, but they're mostly related to the features that i want (e.g., cookie management).

Gorilla no baka
Yup..learned'em long time ago back in the neowin and bold fortune's forum..Tweaking slimming modifing..Compared with windows K-meleon is a charm..
are you still on neowin? i'm still there.

Date: February 06, 2009 11:50PM

dreamz
nice work, gorilla no baka! it's certainly a lot lighter. of course, i noticed a few problems, at least on my machine, but they're mostly related to the features that i want (e.g., cookie management).

Gorilla no baka
Yup..learned'em long time ago back in the neowin and bold fortune's forum..Tweaking slimming modifing..Compared with windows K-meleon is a charm..
are you still on neowin? i'm still there.

Neowin...That was many many moons ago, when i was a little gorilla grinning smiley.I moved on...
I still visit neowin every now and than...You can find me on graphixanstuff.com now...I am spending my days there...Bold-fortune site is "Read-only" now unfortunaltelly but you can met bold in our site now and then..

Bassically i followed bold fortune in graphixanstuff when his site went out and i stuck there in graphix..

About coockie management..Hmz..yeah, remeber that was my first try..regard it as a "Beta Browser" and anyway.. the version i used for the gorilla brower is out of date..I am working on a 1.5.2 version now..

The download links for: Gorilla KMLight
Date: February 09, 2009 11:02AM

These are the download links for: Gorilla KMLight

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-f3dcb5bc.html

http://two.xthost.info/kmeleon/gorilla/Gorilla.msi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 11:04AM by Gorilla no baka.

Re: The download links for: Gorilla KMLight
Posted by: soccerfan
Date: February 09, 2009 07:31PM

Gorilla no baka
These are the download links for: Gorilla KMLight
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-f3dcb5bc.html
http://two.xthost.info/kmeleon/gorilla/Gorilla.msi

Is this the 1.5.2 version that you've been working on?

soccerfan

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 09, 2009 10:06PM

These are links to the first version. (Based in KMLite 1.0)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 10:16PM by desga2.

Date: February 10, 2009 12:03AM

desga2

He's right..These are the link to the first version..I am still working on the other version...

I tought it would be good to have them all in one post...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2009 12:04AM by Gorilla no baka.

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: February 10, 2009 01:08AM

Gorilla no baka
desga2

He's right..These are the link to the first version..I am still working on the other version...

OK Gorilla, now go back to work (you know what I mean) smiling smiley
Thanks for all your hard work, by the way! I wish you success.

soccerfan

Date: February 10, 2009 01:13AM

soccerfan
Gorilla no baka
desga2

OK Gorilla, now go back to work (you know what I mean) smiling smiley
Thanks for all your hard work, by the way! I wish you success.

Yeah, This time i will try something more ambitious..

An other slimmed down Lizard..BUT WITH THE FAMOUS 8 PIPELINING REQUEST LIMIT REMOVED.

But it looks like i will need to compile the K-meleon from the scratch..

UNLESS SOMEBODY KNOWS EXACTLY WICH DLL's ARE STORING THE NETWORK CONNECTIONS.

and only compile those DLL's and just replace them...
I am not sure yet...

Posted by: caktus
Date: February 10, 2009 02:11PM

An other slimmed down Lizard..BUT WITH THE FAMOUS 8 PIPELINING REQUEST LIMIT REMOVED.

What would this accomplish? Would PIPELINING REQUEST be infinitive (what ever the web site or host permit)?

Would increasing or removing network.http.pipelining.maxrequests from 1.5.1 be safe or helpful?

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: February 10, 2009 04:22PM

caktus

What would this accomplish? Would PIPELINING REQUEST be infinitive (what ever the web site or host permit)?

Would increasing or removing network.http.pipelining.maxrequests from 1.5.1 be safe or helpful?

That would make it faster...

And no the max PIPELINING REQUEST would not be infinite..Nope...Instead the user will have the chance to ADJUST THE LIMIT ACORDING WITH THE SERVER`S CAPACYTY..
That`s how i see it..

Now...You have to realize that nowadays there 90% users out there using the 1980`s network protocol...eh,,,? Users who never heard about super jumboframes and stuff..

Users who are still surfing the net with the original 1,518-byte MTU....and only 2 if that PIPELINING REQUESTS ..

Now by increasing the limit to a resonable number you can increase the speed is as simple as that...

If you go crazy with the PIPELINING REQUESTS you can get your connection dropped or refuzed..But if you fine tune it...You`re a winner...

That`s the whole ideia behind this experiment...

People does not really realize that servers all around the world are dealing with MORE THAN 8 PIPELINING REQUESTS /sec on a daily basis..otherwise they won`t be able to function..So the capacity exists...Is there .If it is not used is because the DEVS ARE FOLLOWING BLINDLY THE SAME STEPS IN COMPILING THE BROWSER...

Which is ok with me because if i go out there in the www (WILD WILD WEB grinning smiley) with a PIPELINING REQUESTS limit removed i am a winner...I WILL BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER GET WHAT I REQUESTED FASTER THAN ANYONE ELSE ,AND AFTER THAT LEAVE THE CONNECTIONS OPPENED FOR THE OTHER GUYS...SAVING TIME MONEY AND RESURCES...FOR THE SERVER....AS LONG S I DO NOT GO CRAZY WITH THE PIPELINING REQUESTS SETTINGS

Think about it...

LET'S take a look at youtube :it is extremly bussy and loaded with huge melodies and video..Every time a normal user connects there using the normal network protocol and a normal internet connection and request a melody(audio-video stream
opens up few connections AND KEEPS THE OPPENED UNTILL THE GUYS HAS FINISHED DOWNLOADING THE MELODY,AND THE DEPENDING ON USER`S TTL, KEEPS IT A LITTLE BIT MORE..JUST IN CASE..That's fine if you live in 80's when the internet was not like nowadays...
Ok...now picture the above scenario...only add 100 more millions of users per second which access the server from all of the corners of the planet..

A NORMAL USER WILL KEEP OPENED THE FEW CONNECTIONS HE HAS UNTIL HE HAS FINISHED THE MELODY download because HE ONLY IS PERMITED FEW,and no pipelining if he uses IE...he is going to KEEP THE CONNECTIONS OPENED AND LOCKED FOR HIMSELF A LOT MORE A LOT MORE THAN a user that has enabled jumbo frames and comes with a customized browser that enables him to request like 300 pipelining request per second an an other few hundred in the total connection per server area..

Now the customized browser guy is goin' to finish the melody download in 5 SECONDS and go away LIVING THE CONNECTIONS AVAILABE FOR THE OTHER GUYS AND THEREFORE MINIMALIZING THE IMPACT ON THE SERVER RESURCES ...whereas the regular browser guys are going to stick there on the server like a 500kg handicapated 2 years old kid forcing his mother to fill up his huge stomack (Otherwise they won't let her go and won't shut the f...ck up!!! grinning smiley ) the food in this case is the melody which a normal user needs to download and the kid is the browser with a normal internet connection

So you see.. in a modern world scenario the old network connection protocol is kind of obsolete..

Date: February 10, 2009 06:59PM

i'm sold.. go for it smiling smiley

Date: February 10, 2009 08:22PM

i searched mozillazine and there doesn't seem to be any documentation on what file controls network.http.pipelining.maxrequests..just mentioning what it does and accepted values but nothing on how it works and what file monitors and sets the limit. maybe dorian knows

Date: February 10, 2009 08:57PM

Gorilla knows the string. A program/editor that does trans file search e.g. phase5.

My guess was the necko component (dll). & try to find to build it selectively.

p.s. do You know a way to force a cert-error. The one at mozilla seems fixed sad smiley

Date: February 10, 2009 09:06PM

guenter
Gorilla knows the string. A program/editor that does trans file search e.g. phase5.

p.s. do You know a way to force a cert-error. The one at mozilla seems fixed sad smiley

The way i see it ...And it seems to be the easyer way is just to get the code for the last 152 K-meleon and work on it.
And right before recompiling it just modify the few lines that limites us ..That`s the easyest way...BUT THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS THAT I AM NOT A PROGRAMER...I can read parts of the code and i can follow the programer`s logic for a limited amount of time...(I AM STIL learning C++ ) but than i get lost soon...

We need a programer`s help A guys whos proeficient enough with c++ and java

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: February 10, 2009 09:15PM

Gorilla no baka
guenter

The way i see it ...And it seems to be the easyer way is just to get the code for the last 152 K-meleon and work on it.
And right before recompiling it just modify the few lines that limites us ..That`s the easyest way...BUT THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS THAT I AM NOT A PROGRAMER...I can read parts of the code and i can follow the programer`s logic for a limited amount of time...(I AM STIL learning C++ ) but than i get lost soon...

We need a programer`s help A guys whos proeficient enough with c++ and java

Why 'Java'? smiling smiley

Date: February 10, 2009 10:11PM

gunter, i used you tip and using xteq x-find i found a lot of 'pipelinning' going on inside this file:
necko_http.xpt

i don't know hot to generate a bad certificate but here's another site:
https://www.mrtech.com/forums/index.php?action=printpage;topic=126.0

Posted by: caktus
Date: February 11, 2009 05:13AM

Thank Guy's,

Applied the code at www.datafilehost.com and more often than not pages render much faster.

Thanks.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: February 11, 2009 07:11AM

disrupted
i found a lot of 'pipelinning' going on inside this file:
necko_http.xpt

Nice find. I did not know that this search could also be done inside xpt smiling smiley
AFAIK xpt - make that dll are scriptable.

I presume this is a file responsible to script necko.dll (so gorilla needs to alter necko.dll). He posted some C (?) code that limits things to 8 a while ago.

I would have tried to find that code inside Mozilla sources.
Then try to compile. Can be done for components but no idea how?
Maybe Hex editor inside the finished dll file is possible too (no idea how to do).

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.