General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 【:drool:Beauty with Speed】 K-MeleonCCF ME 0.092
Posted by: disrupted
Date: March 04, 2009 09:08PM

-new parameter assumes a first instance/profile is already running is it's normal to interpret it as a search query when no other instance is running.. otherwise it would not work with an already running instance.

you can use this simple autoit script to launch k-meleon with -new parameter only when another kmeleon version is running

#NoTrayIcon
If WinExists("[CLASS:KMeleon Browser Window]", "") Then
ShellExecute("c:\programs\kmeleonCCF\k-meleon.exe", "-new")
Else
ShellExecute("c:\programs\kmeleonCCF\k-meleon.exe")
EndIf
Exit

copy above script and paste in notepad, edit red paths according to where your kmeleonCCF is installed. save file as ccfmerunner.au3 (make sure extension is au3 and not txt)

launch with autoit or compile as exe
you can download autoit there: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml

you can also use Process-Exists("k-meleon.exe") instead of WinExists("[CLASS:KMeleon Browser Window]", "") but remove dash so Process Exists becomes one word

gunter, can you remove 'S E X' from banned words.. it gives me lot of problems in posting scripts grinning smiley
ProcesS E Xists
GUIConstantS E X
to name a few

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JCarg0
Date: March 05, 2009 03:50AM

disrupted
-new parameter assumes a first instance/profile is already running is it's normal to interpret it as a search query when no other instance is running.. otherwise it would not work with an already running instance.

you can use this simple autoit script to launch k-meleon with -new parameter only when another kmeleon version is running

Thank. I'll look autoit and use your script.

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 05, 2009 11:03AM

JCarg0
Profile break doesn't happen again. but -new option has a problem.
If we use '-new' when no k-meleon(normal or CCFME) is open, it loads -new in the url bar. I think this isn't good because we can't use 'k-meleon.exe -new' as one only shortcut.

This is a bug introduced in 1.5.2 version. Work fine in previus 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 version.

I opened a bug report about it # 1089

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Lex1
Date: March 05, 2009 02:28PM

Could you please be a little more specific for this problem? Like which skin you are using?
Default skin. Of course it not bug, just strange look'n'feel: http://i044.radikal.ru/0903/eb/8fd88cd4e4d8.png

I 'll update it in the next release (0.093)
Also add "Download selection" to macros winking smiley

This could be fixed with popup allowed when this command is chosen.
Maybe you will make something similar:
Enable popup
Run js
Disable popup

Date: March 05, 2009 03:03PM

My first browser is seamonkey.
I felt that K-MeleonCCF ME 0.092 uses less cpu at pages with complex javascript(design for ie) than seamonkey. it's, when i let thoes pages open.
This is good, but the normal km 1.52 is not. it uses same cpu power than seamonkey(or more, I think.)
Why ccf and normal version are different?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 03:05PM by JCarg0.

Date: March 06, 2009 04:58AM

I found an sample.

Here:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41987

And link of the page:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/cmarquee2.htm

Here you can find javascript that make cpu usage very heavy.
Copy the next script and save to html file. And search and change "Your content" as what you like.
The length is important. My computer is Pentium4 2.8Ghz 512Mb ram. If the file is 10kb, I can see the differnce with IE, seamonkey, km, CCFME.
If your computer is more slow, It must short. If your computer have more power, the file must have greater- 1mb, 10mb or 20mb..!

Copy it:

<head>
<style type="text/css">

#marqueecontainer{
position: relative;
width: 200px; /*marquee width */
height: 200px; /*marquee height */
background-color: white;
overflow: hidden;
border: 3px solid orange;
padding: 2px;
padding-left: 4px;
}

</style>

<script type="text/javascript">

/***********************************************
* Cross browser Marquee II- â“’ Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for this script and 100s more.
***********************************************/

var delayb4scroll=2000 //Specify initial delay before marquee starts to scroll on page (2000=2 seconds)
var marqueespeed=2 //Specify marquee scroll speed (larger is faster 1-10)
var pauseit=1 //Pause marquee onMousever (0=no. 1=yes)?

////NO NEED TO EDIT BELOW THIS LINE////////////

var copyspeed=marqueespeed
var pausespeed=(pauseit==0)? copyspeed: 0
var actualheight=''

function scrollmarquee(){
if (parseInt(cross_marquee.style.top)>(actualheight*(-1)+8))
cross_marquee.style.top=parseInt(cross_marquee.style.top)-copyspeed+"px"
else
cross_marquee.style.top=parseInt(marqueeheight)+8+"px"
}

function initializemarquee(){
cross_marquee=document.getElementById("vmarquee")
cross_marquee.style.top=0
marqueeheight=document.getElementById("marqueecontainer").offsetHeight
actualheight=cross_marquee.offsetHeight
if (window.opera || navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Netscape/7")!=-1){ //if Opera or Netscape 7x, add scrollbars to scroll and exit
cross_marquee.style.height=marqueeheight+"px"
cross_marquee.style.overflow="scroll"
return
}
setTimeout('lefttime=setInterval("scrollmarquee()",30)', delayb4scroll)
}

if (window.addEventListener)
window.addEventListener("load", initializemarquee, false)
else if (window.attachEvent)
window.attachEvent("onload", initializemarquee)
else if (document.getElementById)
window.onload=initializemarquee

</script>
</head>

<body>
<div id="marqueecontainer" onMouseover="copyspeed=pausespeed" onMouseout="copyspeed=marqueespeed">
<div id="vmarquee" style="position: absolute; width: 98%;">

<!--YOUR SCROLL CONTENT HERE-->

<h4>

Your content

</h4>

<!--YOUR SCROLL CONTENT HERE-->

</div>
</div>
</body>

Date: March 06, 2009 11:30AM

this is the fucking tracemonkey bug i've been talking about. on that page, km cpu load never exceeded 15% while saem page on ff3.1b(gecko 1.9.1) never drops below 60%; at one point even reaching 75%! and this is a very simple js code.. not that demanding. tracemonkey doesn't know how to idle the cpu or release back memory... a completely botched engine.. so it's fast but who will care about that when it fries their cpu.. ms freelancer heavy 3d game doesn't even come close to tracemonkey when it comes to cpu usage. so far tracemonkey is a fucked js engine just like their fucked ssl error pages... and they know it or they'd have released ff3.1 by now

Date: March 06, 2009 06:04PM

I tested again with a file 47kb... and Now k-meleon 1.5.2 uses 40%, km CCFME 0.092 50% my cpu, so normal version is better. Is it because of length of file? It looks that gecko 1.92a is good with small javascript, but bad with a big file like this.

But... is there sites who use javascript that many?
Or, we can open many tabs with small javascript with them. I don't know what happens here.

Date: March 06, 2009 07:04PM

technically size doesn't matter but if size=more js code inside then yes.
geckos 1.9.x(excluding 1.9.0) are very responsive with js..that's true but with that speed comes instability because the js engine is buggy, naturally the problems don't show with small js code but they are still there and once you go to a heavy page..tracemonkey goes through a fit.

there are a lot of js loaded pages out there and it's becoming a trend; more and more pages are embedding heavy js than before..they are usually not eye-candy code but more to do with interactive pages and 'cloud' computing.. so if the js engine is bad and your regular surfing might not encounter a lot of those pages nowadays, it's bound to change with everybody using js applications in the future.. so speed and especially responsiveness are becoming more important than before but if that fast engine breaks in the middle of the page because it can't take that load then it introduces more problems than actual solutions. google's v8 seems to offer a good compromise between speed and stability..it takes a toll at cpu and memory but within the accepted range (for modern computers anyways).. i didn't test it myself but from what i read this seems to be the common consensus. tracemonkey is a failure till now but it's not a final release so one must not judge but so far the indications are not good sad smiley

pirelli: power is nothing without control

here's a nice page to warm up your cpu
http://necb.bizhat.com/kmeleon/jstest-medium.htm

Posted by: orky
Date: March 07, 2009 02:54AM

superb the best browser ever...
does anybody know if this ver works with oGet. if yes can somebody leave a comment on that, and how to get it working
Thanks

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 07, 2009 09:07PM

AFAIK plugins contains - xnpoget.dll.

Tracemonkey is no finished work yet. & will IMHO come at a price in RAM and CPU.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 09:09PM by guenter.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.