General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Sorry, the all-new Yahoo! Mail does not support your browser. You can either download a compatible browser or proceed to Yahoo! Mail Classic.
Posted by: penang
Date: March 19, 2009 01:53AM

As the title implies, I got that thing when trying to access yahoomail.

My version of K-Meleon is 1.9.2

Anyone experience it before??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sorry, the all-new Yahoo! Mail does not support your browser. You can either download a compatible browser or proceed to Yahoo! Mail Classic.
Posted by: Steve
Date: March 19, 2009 02:55AM

Try changing the User Agent in the tools menu to Firefox 2.

Re: Sorry, the all-new Yahoo! Mail does not support your browser. You can either download a compatible browser or proceed to Yahoo! Mail Classic.
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 19, 2009 04:31AM
Posted by: jimparsons
Date: March 19, 2009 05:14AM

For what it's worth, the useragent below works for me:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.19) Gecko/20081217 K-Meleon/1.5.2 NOT Firefox/3.0.7

Date: March 19, 2009 04:25PM

eye rolling smiley

I Knew that the script was faulty but it is just daft. grinning smiley

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: March 26, 2009 02:24AM

I personally HATE the new Yahoo Mail interface as it takes up a lot of system resources on my computers. I've set YM to use the old Yahoo Mail classic UI as it puts less stress on all the web browsers I have installed on my machines.

Posted by: Nitro
Date: October 23, 2009 03:24PM

This fixed it for me:

Type about:config in the location (address) bar
In the filter box on top type user
right-click any general.useragent. preferences that are bolded user set and select Reset

I'm reposting from this forum.

Posted by: Daveski17
Date: October 23, 2009 07:32PM

I'm using K-Meleon 1.5.3 & had exactly the same problem. In fact I had only recently changed to the 'all singing & all dancing' New Yahoo! Mail because it didn't work well in Opera 9#.

I tried the 'string spoofer' as well & spoofed the latest Firefox release. I discovered that every time I sent an email it kept trying to add the address to the address book even if it already was in the address book.

If you change back to 'Classic Mail' it works fine.

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2009 07:33PM by Daveski17.

Date: October 23, 2009 08:45PM

The problem is not the browsers (Opera or K-Meleon) but Yahoo's browser switch.

Every time You spoof another browser with the same engine (that yahoo knows) it will work.

I do not know what can be done for Opera but 4 K-Meleon it is = spoof the Firefox version they want.

I assume.

Since Opera can spoof IE with success, You should be able to do IE or Firefox.

Firefox: because Opera uses natively proper JavaScript like the Mozilla GRE browsers.

In case my musing is not clear: 4 K-Meleon spoof firefox 2+ & 4 Opera it will probably work 2 - else try IE versions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2009 08:50PM by guenter.

Posted by: Daveski17
Date: October 24, 2009 01:35AM

I am not sure what happened. This was the user-string I used:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3

Maybe there is something wrong with the spoofed string. It would let me into YAHOO! All NEW MAIL & I could send/receive mail & even attachments but every time I sent mail to someone who was already in 'CONTACTS' then it kept asking me 'if I wanted to save this person in contacts', which they already were.

I found that K-Meleon works fine in Classic Mail however.

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Date: October 24, 2009 05:40AM

I use: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20

with dirupteds autoswitcher. I had 2 add a few alternative Yahoo IP since I sit in Germany but use Yahoo.com as mail address. I think the problems are yahoo made.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 05:43AM by guenter.

Date: October 26, 2009 01:41AM

Everyone should b1atch at Yahoo.

I loathe their ugly box trap as much as I do hotmail's. I only go to yahoot at all because my workplace has AT&T as a sorry excuse for an ISP. I always use the older interface because it makes more sense anyway.

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Posted by: siria
Date: October 26, 2009 09:00AM

Hehe, since a while the german yahoo works perfectly with pop+smtp in Outlook Express grinning smiley And no ads anywhere, not even the sig line!
What I don't quite understand, one of my old com-addies suddenly worked too, another not *scratchinghead*

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.