General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
K-MeleonCCF ME 0.094 V3
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: March 20, 2009 03:36AM

0.094 V3

Some small updates for Findbar, Borderless Window and Maximize fix.

[Release Notes]

+ Button to toggle Findbar (associated with ID_EDIT_FIND)
+ Findbar on top as default (can be set to put at bottom in preference->Display)
+ Options to remove the window border (small > button on systembar)
* Maximize problem fixed

[Download}

https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=252608&sel_platform=14886

[Release Notes]

+ Adblockplus for K-MeleonCCF ME improved. Now you can use lua based Adblockplus panel to import adblockplus filters file
(Sample easylist filter file can be downloaded here:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/k-meleonccfme/easylist.txt?use_mirror=superb-west&filesize=53301)

+ Fast backward Docshell added. Backward won't refresh webpage, faster browsing experience. (Normal docshell.dll will be added as a separate download)

+ Save webpage as .mht file (Thanks to disrupted)

+ User profile backup/restore (Thanks to disrupted)

+ Some fix on window maximize problem

+ Show/hide titlebar anytime (arrow button on system bar)

+ Small fix for skin

+ Gecko update to latest 1.92a

* Build with VC71 with MFC static build (could be faster on slow machine)

[Download]

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/k-meleonccfme/K-MeleonCCFME0.094.7z?use_mirror=&filesize=6693226

[Issues]

+ Since at the end of Februray, Mozilla stopped the support for wallet component. Right now, KM cannot save/load password at this moment with Gecko 1.92a.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2009 04:30PM by Hao Jiang.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.094
Date: March 20, 2009 03:35PM

Found some glitch in flashblock and adblockplus and just fixed them. The file is updated.

Posted by: ACM
Date: March 20, 2009 04:24PM

Hi, Hao:

Thanks for your efforts.

Is there a way to use Noscript with your K-Meleon variation?

Regards.

Date: March 20, 2009 11:46PM

ACM
Hi, Hao:

Thanks for your efforts.

Is there a way to use Noscript with your K-Meleon variation?

Regards.

It's possible to rewrite Noscript in lua macros, but it will take some time. Better someone want to do that...

Posted by: ACM
Date: March 21, 2009 10:55AM

Ah... A pity! Thanks anyway!

Posted by: Anonymous
Date: March 21, 2009 01:48PM

Weird... This build simply crashes on my XP machine.

Posted by: reeko124
Date: March 21, 2009 05:14PM

Anonymous
Weird... This build simply crashes on my XP machine.
A

I had that happen on his last release but not this one. I downloaded it just to see if it worked and it did. Great job but I like to know my hit statistics with ABP but this version of KM sure is pretty.

Posted by: psa100verse3
Date: March 21, 2009 07:47PM

Hi Hao Jiang, is it possible to disable the drag and drop feature when moving a link with the mouse?

Louis

Posted by: jmillar
Date: March 21, 2009 11:42PM

Avast! antivirus detects kmmhtsave.exe as a trojan-virus

Date: March 22, 2009 01:24AM

psa100verse3
Hi Hao Jiang, is it possible to disable the drag and drop feature when moving a link with the mouse?

Louis

You can disable text drag and drop in Preference->Gestures, but not the link drag and drop feature. It could be provided in future releases. For now , you can just use the gestures plugin in K-Meleon 1.52 version to replace the one in CCF ME version.

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 22, 2009 02:30AM

jmillar

Avast! is a bad antivirus, this is a false positive, the file is clean with Avira AntiVir.

Look others Avast! false positives with AutoIt3 programs.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 02:32AM by desga2.

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: March 22, 2009 02:37AM

some antivirus do have contradictions with KM, such as kaspersky kis8.0 version。

Date: March 22, 2009 06:54AM

some pages cannot undo properly.

Posted by: jmillar
Date: March 22, 2009 10:44AM

desga2
jmillar

Avast! is a bad antivirus, this is a false positive, the file is clean with Avira AntiVir.

Look others Avast! false positives with AutoIt3 programs.

Yes, I expected that. But it's better to ask for confirmation.

Avast has given me a series of false positives recently, and it seems to coincide with a version change. I use NOD-32 (ek-se-lent!) on my other machine. Still, Avast has been highly praised not so long ago, has a small footprint, did the job. Avira seems to be the choice now for 'no-cost for private use'. Is there any downside, such as drag on resources?

Posted by: desga2
Date: March 22, 2009 02:27PM

@ jmillar:

I think that Avira resource needed is similar to Avast resources needed. But i can't really said this to you because I don't use Avast. I installed some time ago (two years) when i had to select an antivir between Avast, AVG and Avira. Avira is better antivirus for me.
I have two CDs with a lot of virus, Avira detected 95% of this virus but Avast and AVG only detected 70% or 80%. For resource needed I think remember that was similar, Antivir don't use a lot of resources.
Download files are similar size;
Avira Antivir= 21,0 MB
Avast= 29,9 MB
ClamWin= 24,6 MB

I used Avira Antivir as main antivirus and ClamWin as secundary antivirus to check suspect files and verify Avira results.

Comodo is a good option if you like a security suite Firewall+Antivirus.
Comodo Firewall is the better free Firewall.

Currently there are more antivirus free, search in Goolge some comparative about it.
Avira Antivir, Avast, AVG, PCTools, ClamWin, Comodo, McAfee, Norton, BitDefender, ...

Sorry to Hao for this Off Topic post in his CCF ME thread.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 02:33PM by desga2.

Date: March 22, 2009 06:28PM

There is a bug for undo function. If you use middle button to close the tab, the tab isn't remembered. I 'll try to get this fix in future release.

Date: March 23, 2009 05:08AM

it seems that double click also have the problem.

Posted by: foobarly
Date: March 23, 2009 09:59AM

jmillar
[...]
Avast has given me a series of false positives recently, and it seems to coincide with a version change. I use NOD-32 (ek-se-lent!) on my other machine. Still, Avast has been highly praised not so long ago, has a small footprint, did the job. Avira seems to be the choice now for 'no-cost for private use'. Is there any downside, such as drag on resources?

Having tried both, I can say that Avira is friendlier to the free user but one really feels a drag on older machines, with over 80MB RAM occupancy (plus it is adware, it will show near full screen adds when updating); Avast is prone to false positives -- this is due to the strictness of its malware definition -- but if you keep only basic services like resident protection and auto update it consumes about 30MB RAM and you only feel a drag while updating. I am using both in different computers...

Date: March 23, 2009 03:28PM

chinarobin
it seems that double click also have the problem.

No. Double click should work fine (works here and just test it.) However if the page is about:blank, it won't be recorded anyway.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 23, 2009 04:48PM

Hao,

<<+ Since at the end of Februray, Mozilla stopped the support for wallet component. Right now, KM cannot save/load password at this moment with Gecko 1.92a.>>

Can we substitute something like keepass?

N

Date: March 23, 2009 05:37PM

ndebord
Hao,

<<+ Since at the end of Februray, Mozilla stopped the support for wallet component. Right now, KM cannot save/load password at this moment with Gecko 1.92a.>>

Can we substitute something like keepass?

keepass? Never used it before. Is it possible to load password also?

Posted by: letitbeme2
Date: March 23, 2009 07:32PM

I have just tried it out and am very impressed. With the logon screen that first comes up 1 are you able to change the websites?

Posted by: letitbeme2
Date: March 23, 2009 07:48PM

Sorry I was a bit quick. I have the answer. Thanks.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 24, 2009 02:46PM

Hao,

Yes, I use it as a backup to the builtin.

http://keepass.info/

http://keepass.info/help/base/index.html

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 02:59PM by ndebord.

Date: March 25, 2009 01:43AM

I 'm working on the next release at this moment.

There will be some change for FindBar, you can put it not only at the bottom of the window, but also on top, you can use a toolbar button to quickly toggle it on and off.

Posted by: Anon
Date: March 25, 2009 05:00PM

Hi,
I am impress with what you're doing with K-MeleonCCF, I only just started using since K-MeleonCCF ME v0.088. I have a slight problem with current build which is whenever I receive Failed to Connect, at times I am unable to reload the page, seems the reload button doesn't work?. I hope when you have some time please look into it. I am behind firewall/proxy so I sometimes encounter Failed to Connect which usually is fix when I just simply reload the page. I did not have this issue previously with v0.088 build but seems to encounter this with v0.09x builds.

Thanks

Posted by: Arrow
Date: March 26, 2009 01:52AM

Thanks Hao,

I still have window maximise bug on xp pro with sp2 I'm using your unedited silverbird skin.

I have to click fit to width on view menu every time I run the browser to get it to maximise in order to hide the browser frame.

Other foibles are that on first clicking maximise it obscures task bar plus it subsequently opens at 3/4 of screen height subsequent after having first clicked "fit to width". clocking on maximise without clicking fit to width makes the browser window slightly smaller than 3/4
height

Basically it behaves very simliar to earlier version with this problem

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 01:57AM by Arrow.

Posted by: playdayz
Date: March 29, 2009 02:28PM

Thanks again for CCFME Hao. I just thought that it might be nice if you could round the upper corners when it displays without the Windows titlebar, if that was possible. Just a thought.

FANTASTIC WORK
Posted by: dj_creator4
Date: March 29, 2009 06:25PM

HI Hao Jiang:

First of all, my CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR GOOD WORK, I started recently to use k-meleon, but when I discover your mod, I knew that´s what I need.

In my PC it works really fantastic, only two small bugs (which don´t make me forget about this mod use)

Although you mark in preferences history to be erased at the end or start of the programm, it doesn´t happen. You can find it using the menus, but as i said, this is not important, because using preferences you can erase it changing time to conserve this history from 180 to 0 and reseting the change after that.

The other thing is only an important question for me:
What is the influence on PC´s response of a 77Mb´s cache?

I ask u this because my HD is really big, and i changed the cache from the stablished size to 77Mb. I think it only affect the size of the instalation folder, and in an small ammount the visualization speed (i´m 6Mb internet speed user). Is there any problem for changint it? Thes speed is singnificatively reduced? Is affect in a big manner to disk fragmentation?

ok, i´ll finish here because i dont want to extend my questions, but only re-mark my first paragraph.......

CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR GOOD DEVELOPEMENTE...... people like u are the ones who make easy and useful the internet

dj_creator4

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 29, 2009 10:36PM

Hao Jiang

+ Fast backward Docshell added. Backward won't refresh webpage, faster browsing experience. (Normal docshell.dll will be added as a separate download)

Will the docshell.dll work with other flavors of K-M than CCF ME as well?
I'm asking because I would be curious to try it.
Those sites trying to force the browser to refresh the page are a PITA.
By now Proxomitron my local proxyfilter takes care of those sites and it's indeed a faster browsing experience.

Forget my stupid question smiling smiley
I just downloaded CCF ME and took a closer look.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 11:31PM by Yogi.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.