General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.094
Posted by: panzer
Date: March 30, 2009 02:19PM

I have downloaded it and it is crashing constantly. I cannot even open it.

Error signature
AppName: k-meleon.exe AppVer: 1.5.2.0 ModName: webbrwsr.dll
ModVer: 1.9.1.3364 Offset: 00001ffa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2009 05:04PM by panzer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: foobarly
Date: March 30, 2009 04:41PM

So??? Did it work, dear Yogi? :s

Posted by: Yogi
Date: March 30, 2009 05:45PM

@ foobarly

Nope, it can't.

Posted by: reeko124
Date: March 30, 2009 10:24PM

I had the problem with 0.093 and downloaded this one to see if it works and it does. Its funny you have a problem with this version the same way I had it with the last. I had problems with 1.5.2 closing randomly to but since i use Freds 1.5.2 minimal I don't have that problem anymore. Another thing I noticed is that for some reason KM is loading faster on my old junky desktop. I have no clue why but it is.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: March 31, 2009 04:25PM

0.094 V3 updated

Posted by: xray
Date: March 31, 2009 04:46PM

is there a specific reason that GetKmeleonVersion() returns 0 in your builds?

Posted by: dj_creator4
Date: March 31, 2009 06:50PM

jmillar
Avast! antivirus detects kmmhtsave.exe as a trojan-virus

as is said before avast free edition detects trojan in k-meleon, that happens to me in my work pc, where i work as simple user, i tried from administrator account to exclude k-meleon folder to be scanned by avast antivirus, but the problem continues.

The problem is not from KM, it´s an avast antivirus database problem, because i scanned it with my personal computer scanner antivirus (NOD32) and NO PROBLEM.

The solution is change avast for other one, but in my particular situation i prefer not to do it because it´s the antivirus (avast) chosen by my boss.

---------------------------------------

A mi también me sucede ese falso positivo por parte de avast, y obviamente no es problema de esta version de km, sino de la base de datos de virus de avast que considera archivos de km como virus.

esto no es así ni de lejos, o al menos habiendo escaneado la carpeta de avast con otros antivirus (NOD32) NO DETECTAN NADA. conclusion..... cuando avast se decida a corregir esos criterios de detección no habra problema, pero hasta entonces, o cambias de antivirus (cosa que en mi caso no creo conveniente realizar pues no es mi pc personal sino de la empresa y podría conllevarme problemas) o te RESIGNAS A NO PODER USAR EL MEJOR NAVEGADOR DE TODOS LOS TIEMPOS, especialmente si usas la version CCFme de hao jiang que hace verdad el slogan de....BEAUTY WITH SPEED.

Un saludo para todos...dj_creator4

jmillar

http://pp4mnk.zxq.net

Date: April 01, 2009 04:10PM

The maximize bug should be fixed in this version. If anyone still found some bugs with that, please let me know. Thanks.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 01, 2009 05:30PM

no problems.. only gecko related bugs(ssl pages etc) but no bugs with kmeleon/lua so far. thanks hao

Posted by: Arrow
Date: April 01, 2009 06:20PM

thanks again Hao

Maximise still buggy for me

The status bar is hidden behind the windows task bar and upon first launch ccfme opens partially off the desktop ie it is not centred.

Upon subsequent relaunches it does not remember last setting and does not reopen maximed it alternates between opening half the height of the desktop or almost fully open save for a thin strip of desktop showing just above the windows taskbar. then when I click maximise the staus bar disapears behind the windows taskbar.

No problems before using ccfme this series of builds so the problem is not at my end unless recent maximise bug versions has written something into windows that is effecting things now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2009 06:24PM by Arrow.

Date: April 01, 2009 06:28PM

nah.. it's not at your end, but i don't seem to trigger the maximise problem now because my taskbar is at the top(like apple) and set to not be on top, so probably that's why. so the bug is still there but differs according to taskbar position..
hao, that titlebar removal thing-although might be pretty for some- but is causing problems sad smiley

Date: April 01, 2009 06:52PM

disrupted
nah.. it's not at your end, but i don't seem to trigger the maximise problem now because my taskbar is at the top(like apple) and set to not be on top, so probably that's why. so the bug is still there but differs according to taskbar position..
hao, that titlebar removal thing-although might be pretty for some- but is causing problems sad smiley

sad smiley I know...

That's why I 'm trying to fix it. Let me first describe what my current fix is:

KM detects the taskbar position and size from Windows, then it changes its window size and remove the border according to use's triggering of maximizing command.

The problem is it works on some system (like mine, I'm using Win 7 beta2 at this moment), but not works on some system...and I cannot reproduce those bugs on my system! (sad...)

Once the window is maximized and closed, KM should remember the status of it, next time it should be openned maximized also... Which I don't understand why it's not working on some system...

The code itself says all:

void CBrowserFrame::OnToggleWindow()
{
	if(m_zoom){

int left=theApp.preferences.GetInt("kmeleon.window.left", 100);
		int right=theApp.preferences.GetInt("kmeleon.window.right",900);
		int top=theApp.preferences.GetInt("kmeleon.window.top", 100);
		int bottom=theApp.preferences.GetInt("kmeleon.window.bottom", 800);

SetWindowPos(NULL,left,top,right-left,bottom-top,SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

m_zoom=false;
		if (m_border)
			ModifyStyle(0 , WS_SIZEBOX|WS_THICKFRAME, SWP_DRAWFRAME);
		else 
			ModifyStyle(0, SWP_DRAWFRAME);
		theApp.preferences.SetBool("kmeleon.display.WindowMaximized", FALSE);
	}
	 else{	
		GetWindowRect(&rc);
		theApp.preferences.SetInt("kmeleon.window.left", rc.left);
		theApp.preferences.SetInt("kmeleon.window.right", rc.right);
		theApp.preferences.SetInt("kmeleon.window.top", rc.top);
		theApp.preferences.SetInt("kmeleon.window.bottom", rc.bottom);

int cx = GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN);
		int cy = GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN);
		CRect *pRect= new CRect;;
		HWND hShellTrayWnd = ::FindWindow(_T("Shell_TrayWnd"), NULL);
		::GetWindowRect(hShellTrayWnd, pRect);

if (pRect->Height()<500 && pRect->bottom==cy)

SetWindowPos(NULL,0,0,cx,cy-pRect->Height()+1,SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

if (pRect->Height()<500 && pRect->top==0)

SetWindowPos(NULL,0,pRect->bottom,cx,cy-pRect->Height()+1,SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

if (pRect->Height()>500 && pRect->left==0)

SetWindowPos(NULL,pRect->right,0,cx-pRect->Width()+1,cy,SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

if (pRect->Height()>500 && pRect->right==cx)

SetWindowPos(NULL,0,0,cx-pRect->Width()+1,cy,SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

m_zoom=true;
		ModifyStyle(WS_SIZEBOX|WS_THICKFRAME, 0 , SWP_DRAWFRAME);
		theApp.preferences.SetBool("kmeleon.display.WindowMaximized", TRUE);
	 } 
}

There are some other code in the initialization which reads the setting for the size of the window then open km accordingly also but that shouldn't create the bug.

At this moment, I introduced this titleless window design, but also I left the old title window option present (notice several buttons on the system toolbar?) which you can enable/disable titleless window anytime...

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 02, 2009 02:45PM

dj_creator4
jmillar

as is said before avast free edition detects trojan in k-meleon, that happens to me in my work pc, where i work as simple user, i tried from administrator account to exclude k-meleon folder to be scanned by avast antivirus, but the problem continues.

The problem is not from KM, it´s an avast antivirus database problem, because i scanned it with my personal computer scanner antivirus (NOD32) and NO PROBLEM.

The solution is change avast for other one, but in my particular situation i prefer not to do it because it´s the antivirus (avast) chosen by my boss.

jmillar

Hmmm... I wonder if that is version specific. One of my older laptops is using KM 1.0.2 (Fred's updates) and AVast Home and no problems at all.

N

Posted by: Yogi
Date: April 02, 2009 03:13PM

ndebord

Hmmm... I wonder if that is version specific.

I might be wrong but my first guess is that this FP occurs with K-M flavors with runtime packed components.

QUESTION ABOUT K-MeleonCCF ME
Date: April 03, 2009 06:15AM

I ASKED THIS QUESTION TO HAO JIANG at his blog, but i want to write it here too, because of someone could help me with different ideas

My message was:

"""" Although u give us a new version, I continue using K-meleon CCF ME 0.094, and I want to know the procedure to add to this mod the kmm (adds) that we can use with the standard k-meleon.
Can u tell me if the use of adds diminish k-meleon CCF speed like in FF or it doesn´t matter.

I ask u this because i´m really interested in some Standard K-meleon macros (*.kmm) SO i want to know how to include them into your mod

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE

dj_creator4 http://pp4mnk.zxq.net""""";

and u can read it at "https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=8450311&postID=8675208208029549980"; if u want to know other oppinions

THANKY

Re: QUESTION ABOUT K-MeleonCCF ME
Posted by: desga2
Date: April 03, 2009 03:39PM

@ dj_creator4:

Is possible to use K-Meleon macros in CCF version if you add kplugins\macros.dll file in kplugins CCF folder. Then export/copy your kmm files to a new K-MeleonCCF\macros\ folder.

I remember that someone did it before. Search in the forum with Google.

K-Meleon in Spanish

thanky desga2: QUESTION ABOUT K-MeleonCCF ME
Date: April 03, 2009 06:27PM

thanks desga2

Can u tell me if the use of those add ons diminish k-meleon ccf speed like when u add them to FF or the use of those *.kmm files don´t influence the browsing speed¿¿?

Gracias desga2... y aprovechando tu amabilidad...podrías decirme si el usar esos add ons dismunuye en algo la velocidad de navegación de KM (como pasa en FF al añadir extensiones) o por el contrario no la afecta en absoluto =?=?=

GRACIAS.- dj_creator4

Re: thanky desga2: QUESTION ABOUT K-MeleonCCF ME
Posted by: desga2
Date: April 03, 2009 06:40PM

@ dj_creator4:

Normalmente las macros no suelen afectar a la velocidad de navegación, pero todo depende de lo que realice la macro. La mayoría de las macros añaden opciones en los menús o iconos a la barra de herramientas y ejecutan el código incluido en la macro sólo cuando se selecciona esa opción en el menú o se pulsa sobre el botón.
La velocidad de navegación puede verse afectada durante la ejecución de la macro si esta es muy pesada o requiere de muchos procesos, pero el tiempo de ejecución de una macro es muy rápido y no suele durar más de un par de segundos.

Lo que sí puede que se incremente es el tiempo necesario para arrancar K-Meleon ya que tiene que cargar más macros al iniciar el programa. Pero tampoco será mucho más de un par de segundos.

La velocidad de las macros de K-Meleon es similar a la velocidad de las Lua macros incluidas en las versiones CCF.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: April 03, 2009 06:58PM

GRACIAS POR TU RAPIDA CONTESTACION..... ademas esta genial el poder hablar en español con alquien de un navegador porque estaba ya demasiado acostumbrado a hablar en inglés.... de todos modos... no me importa en absoluto hablar ese idioma, asi que si lo prefieres y para que otros puedan aprovecharse mejor de esos consejos....no te cohibas en usar ese idioma.

gracias de nuevo

DJ_CREATOR4

Re: thanky desga2: QUESTION ABOUT K-MeleonCCF ME
Date: April 03, 2009 07:07PM

dj_creator4
thanks desga2

Can u tell me if the use of those add ons diminish k-meleon ccf speed like when u add them to FF or the use of those *.kmm files don´t influence the browsing speed¿¿?

Gracias desga2... y aprovechando tu amabilidad...podrías decirme si el usar esos add ons dismunuye en algo la velocidad de navegación de KM (como pasa en FF al añadir extensiones) o por el contrario no la afecta en absoluto =?=?=

GRACIAS.- dj_creator4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2010 08:59AM by disrupted.

094 v3 Bring back the search button functionality!
Posted by: jmillar
Date: April 04, 2009 05:24PM

I like using the same window for URL's and for searches, right-clicking on the search button to select the search engine. This version gives no option. You have to use the "search window" which eats up space unnecessarily and which I and many people would rather not have. To my surprise the "search button" (a magnifying glass in shiny&bright) has now turned into a "find button".

PLEASE keep the search button functionality as an alternative to the search window!
It's one of those brilliant little innovations that make K-Meleon so appealing!

Use a different button for the "FIND IN PAGE" function, if you wish. (I just click on the "edit" menu, it's well known and easy!

My only quibble. V3 is brilliant!

Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.094 V3
Posted by: Matt
Date: April 05, 2009 10:48AM

In V3 cookies are always accepted. When I check "do not accept cookies" it doesn't take affect sad smiley. And there is this maximize bug, as mentioned above under my OS (XP SP3), but the performance and page load speed is amazing. The skins look awsome, too. Good work, Hao smiling smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2009 10:50AM by Matt.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 05, 2009 04:17PM

Hao, for maximize, try using just ShowWindow(SW_MAWIMIZE) and overriding OnGetMinMaxInfo like this :

void CBrowserFrame::OnGetMinMaxInfo(MINMAXINFO* lpMMI)
{
	if (GetStyle() & WS_CAPTION)
		CFrameWnd::OnGetMinMaxInfo(lpMMI);
	else
	{
		CRect rectDesktop;
		::GetWindowRect(::GetDesktopWindow(), &rectDesktop);

APPBARDATA abd;
		abd.cbSize = sizeof(abd);
		UINT uState = (UINT) SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETSTATE, &abd); 
		if ((uState & ABS_ALWAYSONTOP) && !(uState & ABS_AUTOHIDE))
		{
			SHAppBarMessage(ABM_GETTASKBARPOS, &abd); 
			rectDesktop.SubtractRect(rectDesktop, &abd.rc);
		}

AdjustWindowRectEx(rectDesktop, 
			GetWindowLong(m_hWnd, GWL_STYLE), 
			GetMenu() ? TRUE : FALSE, 
			GetWindowLong(m_hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE)); 

lpMMI->ptMaxPosition.x = rectDesktop.left;
		lpMMI->ptMaxPosition.y = rectDesktop.top;
		lpMMI->ptMaxSize.x = rectDesktop.Width();
		lpMMI->ptMaxSize.y = rectDesktop.Height();
	}
}

Posted by: Arrow
Date: April 06, 2009 12:39AM

Bug when ccfme used with IDM - Internet Download Manager.

When download is complete, the IDM dialogue box freezes onscreen -
ccfme also locks and has to be restarted.

This doesn't happen with IDM and official KM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.