General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
helppppp
Posted by: Dreammaster
Date: May 10, 2009 11:38PM

hi @ all
i have a big problem...my k-meleon dosent run...i start it but never open the browser.when i will start the browser than come the message "start new or the last session.i can click this or this the k-meleon dont run.task manager say k-meleon is running but i can open the browser...i have un-install and new install the browser...i need the browser and all site in this..what can i do?

sorry for my bad english.

bitte helfen sie mir bei meinem problem mit dem browser.er startet einfach icht mehr.nach dem click läd er kurz aber er will einfach nicht starten und ich möchte die seiten und passwörter gerne behalten..was kann ich nun machen?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: helppppp
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 11, 2009 05:55AM

The reason why a new install does not repair is that the last used Profile is damaged.
Every new install wants to use the damaged profile and crashes.
Multiple reasons possible.

Solution: get rid of the Profile and then start K-Meleon.

There are some files that all want to keep.
32933458.s = passwords the number varies it always ends with .s
If You used masterpass also the (3) *.db files.

bookmarks.html = Your Netscape format bookmarks. Book.arks.backup file if present.
opera.adr = Your Opera format bookmarks.

For that You go to %apdata%/K-Meleon/... copy the files to a safe location and delete the Profile.

How to find?. Read %apdata%/K-Meleon http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/ProfileLocation and http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

The second is slightly more informative about the basics. This 2nd page also exists in German. It is slightly outdated so it only knows K-Meleon's old default profile location. The new default profile location is right next the Mozilla/Netscape Profile named Mozilla.

p.s. You do not have to excuse Yourself about language, the quality of Your English is helpful, if its good. But this is the international forum. It taken for granted that English is learned in school by most if not all that come here.

As long as You can find a country man in this forum that can help You - You can use any language.

If not? You try in English. All official K-Meleon versions can switch to English so that You can look up English terms for menus etc.

By the way: Languages that have a K-Meleon translation for download have at least one native-speaker as user that sometimes comes here and could help.

Currently: German support is explicitly mentioned. .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 02:30PM by guenter.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 11, 2009 02:18PM

bad english

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 11, 2009 09:04PM

My husband and I are not amused Mr. disrupted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 09:06PM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage06.jpg (26.9 KB)  
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: May 11, 2009 10:11PM

grinning smiley
you know technically she's not english..she's from your hometown tongue sticking out smiley and her hubby..well, he's greek.. not that i care where they are from..all "royals" should be sent to the guillotine..vive la revolution!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.