Re: coming soon(hopefully..maybe) kma extension
Posted by: panzer
Date: May 11, 2009 07:15PM

i hope you haven't bite your tongue right now. grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: May 11, 2009 07:23PM

I have found an extension for Firefox 3 (don't remember the name) which save like this but in a zip, and obviuosly can read it. It's obviously open source, not like mht...

Will you use this product ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 11, 2009 07:48PM

JujuLand
It's obviously open source, not like mht...

mht is AFAIR similar or identical to *eml as zip and a proposed web standard.

There was an old thread AFAIR in improvement requests.
I cannot find it - as always when I try to find something here.

Info about *.mht.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2557
http://people.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/mhtml.html

Maybe it is useful. If it is similar or identical You can possibly find what dll/xpt
Mozilla mail programs use.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 07:53PM by guenter.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: May 11, 2009 08:59PM

mozilla's extension was maf and a total mess..it doesn't work now, not sure if it ever did..i tested it a while back on ff1.5 and 2.0 and the only thing that worked was opening/viewing mht.. i think it was supposed to use a zip compression, because like gunter said it had zip dlls and xpts for the component folders
IZipWriterComponent.xpt
ZipWriterComponent.dll

i'm thinking of something similar(like the mafuka audio approach) zipping the files and for viewing; extracting them to temp without the user knowing and sending the index to kmeleon.

so far, i was successful in viewing the file by using a hexed 7z dll(kma) and using it to extract to the temp folder to a specified folder(temp\unkma)..autoitscript finds the main htm files and sends it kmeleon without problems...images and other files for the site and preserved in their structural folders that were extracted so kmeleon was able to open the page with its required files without problems.

now i'm facing problems with save.. i first used wget(originally for linux but there's a window binary now)i could pass all the parameters to wget. wget saves the page to a specified folder..and autoit waits till its done then passes the folder to hexed 7z and compresses the folder with kma extension..no problem there but wget has another big problem.. wget is great when saving the top page(www.google.com) but when you go to sublevels of a site(google.com/crap/shit/foruum/main.php)..especially when the main page is not an html(like asp or php..like in forums) wget messes the folder structure and fails to create an index page.

so what i need is to make kmeleon not wget save the page(web complete).. and it should be from autoit not macro so autoit controls the file and folder name path to compress later..if save is done from macro then autoit can not find out where the page is saved or what name..so i need to know if it's possible to make kmeleon save a page(complete) from the command line

yes panzer..i'm biting my tongue grinning smiley

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: May 11, 2009 10:00PM

found another way
macro getpref kmeleon.download.saveDir
then pass it to autoit
it might be possible

Posted by: reeko124
Date: May 11, 2009 10:41PM

Of course your unlogged because they frown on that while you are in a mozilla firefox brainstorming meeting. grinning smiley

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 11, 2009 11:42PM

disrupted
so i need to know if it's possible to make kmeleon save a page(complete) from the command line

This command id is closest thing, but it opens the dialog which requires user action.
ID_FILE_SAVE_AS
Open the 'Save as ...' dialog.

There may be something else, but I have not found it.

Posted by: foobarly
Date: May 12, 2009 10:39AM

Oops! I posted in the other thread before reading this one...

Some of what I said there was already alluded here -- my apologies.:s

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.