General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Setting K-Meleon As Default Issue
Posted by: markxxx
Date: May 14, 2009 04:53AM

I am using Windows Vista - Home Premium Edition (x32) SP1 and something must've changed when I upgraded IE from IE7 to IE8.

I use K-Meleon for everything but there are a few sites that don't work right so I have use IE once in awhile.

Anyway, now K-Meleon is no longer the default browser for non browser application links.

So I did this. I closed K-Meleon then right clicked and ran it with administrator privledges. Then I opened it and went to

Edit -> Prefrences -> Set as default browser and it does its thing

(Note I can see it says K-Meleon is set as the default for the Http and Https protocol)

But if I go to an outside program like Mp3tag or PopPeeper and open a hyperlink those hyperlinks open in IE8

I go to

Start -> Default Programs and K-Meleon doesn't appear in that list

If I go to

Start -> Default Programs and go to associate file type or protocol, I find for htm, html and shtml, K-Meleon IS in fact my default but for protocols Http and Https it STILL is IE.

If I try to change the protocol it only gives me the option to select IE not K-Meleon. How do I get it to be able to select K-Meleon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Setting K-Meleon As Default Issue
Posted by: markxxx
Date: May 15, 2009 07:34AM

I found the answer here

Fix For Visa Not Being Default

Then you go to start -> Default Programs -> Set Your Default Programs and it'll now allow you to pick K-Meleon as a browser option

Re: Setting K-Meleon As Default Issue
Posted by: foobarly
Date: May 15, 2009 09:35AM

I seem to recall Brielle posting that solution here at the forum, too.

Search is (was) your friend... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2009 09:35AM by foobarly.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.