General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
"Add Bookmark Here" Not Working In Subfolders
Posted by: markxxx
Date: May 16, 2009 10:14PM

I upgraded from 1.5.0 to 1.5.3 and one thing I notice is now my "add bookmark here" option isn't working like it did before.

If I have a folder it works fine, but if I have a subfolder it doesn't work.

For instance, if I have a bookmark folder called "Daily Stuff" and want to add a page it works fine. But in the "Daily Stuff" folder I have another folder called "Home" and it is in these subfolders where the "add a bookmark here" doesn't work.

To better explain. Let's say I have a webpage called "Markxxx" that I want to add.

If I am on that page and I have a bookmark folder called "Daily Stuff" and I go to

Bookmarks -> Daily Stuff -> "add bookmark here" it works fine.

But if I try to put the bookmark in a subfolder of "Daily Stuff" it fails.

For example: If I am on a webpage called "Markxxx" and I want to add it like this

Bookmarks -> Daily Stuff -> Music -> "add bookmark here" then it will fail to bookmark the page. You see the folder Music is a subfolder of Daily Stuff

Is this a bug or is there a fix for this.

BTW any page I add manually through thu Menu ->Bookmark -> Add A Page, WILL add correctly

I am using VISTA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Add Bookmark Here" Not Working In Subfolders
Posted by: reeko124
Date: May 17, 2009 03:34AM

Hey I had a similar problem as you in 1.5.2. I went to add a page one time and it wouldn't show up in my bookmarks. I tried about 5 times and nothing. I restarted KM to do it again and the bookmarks were there after a restart. All 5 times grinning smiley. When I tried to make KM as small as possible I got rid of bookmarks and edited the "resource:///readme.html" to use as a bookmark page. I still prefer that method but I am to lazy to add to it anymore lol.

Reeko

Posted by: ndebord
Date: May 17, 2009 03:56AM

markxxx
I upgraded from 1.5.0 to 1.5.3 and one thing I notice is now my "add bookmark here" option isn't working like it did before.

If I have a folder it works fine, but if I have a subfolder it doesn't work.

For instance, if I have a bookmark folder called "Daily Stuff" and want to add a page it works fine. But in the "Daily Stuff" folder I have another folder called "Home" and it is in these subfolders where the "add a bookmark here" doesn't work.

To better explain. Let's say I have a webpage called "Markxxx" that I want to add.

If I am on that page and I have a bookmark folder called "Daily Stuff" and I go to

Bookmarks -> Daily Stuff -> "add bookmark here" it works fine.

Markxxx,

I upgraded from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 and have no problems with the bookmarks in sub-folders. XP PRO SP2 here.

But if I try to put the bookmark in a subfolder of "Daily Stuff" it fails.

For example: If I am on a webpage called "Markxxx" and I want to add it like this

Bookmarks -> Daily Stuff -> Music -> "add bookmark here" then it will fail to bookmark the page. You see the folder Music is a subfolder of Daily Stuff

Is this a bug or is there a fix for this.

BTW any page I add manually through thu Menu ->Bookmark -> Add A Page, WILL add correctly

I am using VISTA

N

Posted by: desga2
Date: May 18, 2009 01:08PM

reeko124
Hey I had a similar problem as you in 1.5.2. I went to add a page one time and it wouldn't show up in my bookmarks. I tried about 5 times and nothing. I restarted KM to do it again and the bookmarks were there after a restart. All 5 times grinning smiley. When I tried to make KM as small as possible I got rid of bookmarks and edited the "resource:///readme.html" to use as a bookmark page. I still prefer that method but I am to lazy to add to it anymore lol.

Reeko

Why do you this? You can change the start load page in Preferences to load your bookmarks.html file in your profile.

Work fine for me in Win2K, happend the problem only in Vista?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 01:12PM by desga2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.