General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Where do I start?
Posted by: Paul
Date: May 25, 2009 01:27PM

EDOC it was JamesD who replied the path for your macro should be....

C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\macros

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eDOC786
Date: May 25, 2009 01:32PM

I apologize about that Paul.

Regards!

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 25, 2009 04:31PM

You must run the macro once you have it in KM. If it is there, then when you have KM running, you should see a menu entry under the help menu. That item will be "Set up prefs". Click that and the macro will run. You will get one prompt to set the title for KM. I always add to "K-Meleon" the version number so I can identify which copy I am running. After you answer the prompt, the macro will complete. You will then need to stop and restart KM. All the prefs will then be read at startup and will take effect. Note - if you use the loader, you must stop and restart that also. You must also have write authority to the profile.

In user defined Macros..........C:\Documents and Settings\Vaio\Application Data\K-Meleon\surumwm9.default\macros
This looks like the correct place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 04:33PM by JamesD.

Date: May 25, 2009 04:47PM

JamesD
You must run the macro once you have it in KM. If it is there, then when you have KM running, you should see a menu entry under the help menu. That item will be "Set up prefs". Click that and the macro will run. You will get one prompt to set the title for KM. I always add to "K-Meleon" the version number so I can identify which copy I am running. After you answer the prompt, the macro will complete. You will then need to stop and restart KM. All the prefs will then be read at startup and will take effect. Note - if you use the loader, you must stop and restart that also. You must also have write authority to the profile.

In user defined Macros..........C:\Documents and Settings\Vaio\Application Data\K-Meleon\surumwm9.default\macros
This looks like the correct place.

Thanks JamesD,

1. How do I run the macros?

2. I see nothing under Help menu?

Sorry to be such a pain,

Regards!

Doc.

Date: May 25, 2009 04:58PM

In C:\Documents and Settings\Vaio\Local Settings\Application Data\K-Meleon

I see..........surumwm9.default, fwkaq2cz.default.

Doc.

Posted by: reeko124
Date: May 25, 2009 05:06PM

Hey Doc,

From a few things you have said I take it you think what he posted will change the look of K-Meleon. It really won't it will be the same just things placed different or buttons missing. I don't want you to get so worked up about not getting it to work when you will wind up changing half of his preferences after the fact grinning smiley.

Reeko

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 25, 2009 06:25PM

eDOC786
In C:\Documents and Settings\Vaio\Local Settings\Application Data\K-Meleon

I see..........surumwm9.default, fwkaq2cz.default.

Looks like there are two profiles there. In order to see which one is being used, do this.

The file should be saved in your user macro folder. To find that folder from within KM you can use EDIT - CONFIGURATION - USER DEFINED MACROS. The file explorer window address bar will have the location of your user macro folder.

Posted by: Paul
Date: May 25, 2009 11:18PM

eDOC I think Reeko has a point. If you just want to experiment with the appearance of K-Meleon then just look through guenters themes and skins. smiling smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.