General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
BLUTO XT
Posted by: dj_creator4
Date: June 02, 2009 06:45AM

HELLO EVERYBODY:

In Orionce forum, i found comments about "the faster browser"u can find. And I want to know your oppinion about this suggested browser. It´s called "BLUTO XT".

Can you (as web-masters) explain me what´s your valoration of this browser??

Thanks in advance

dj_creator4

http://pp4mnk.zxq.net

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BLUTO XT
Posted by: guenter
Date: June 02, 2009 10:30AM

BLUTO XT, I did not know it, when I tried to install; it did not work, the install changed system files. Poor show. A look into the install e.g. the log reveals it seems to be an IE shell that ships and can call some activeX controls for features. So it has pre-configured use of the MS type extensions system.

One of its good points. It seems to ship adaption that let You use new activeX controls for older windows version. That is what the install log tells me. Whether that really works - I have no chance to test.

Bluto XT claims to be fast?
IMHO it is not. Apart from not starting on my system.

IE is not fast on my system. A IE shell cannot be much faster.

Look for IE values if You want to compare its browsing performance on other machines.

BLUTO XT Reviews & links via google

p.s. Fast: largely depends on what machine You have and what You normally want to do.
The same is true for all other aspects - no browser is ideal.

There is a race for fastest JavaScript engine going on right now.

You will find a good comparison on Steve's links.

Try some browsers on Your own system with his links. That tells You about JavaScript speed. He tested with a superbly strong and fast PC. And IMHO obviously likes to visit Script Heavy pages (social networks, web bassed apps...). I'd probably use the same browser in this context with such a machine grinning smiley

You will find more and other speed and tests via Google.

Steve posted in our forum in March 13 2009 after I had written on February 10 2009 that K-meleon was fastest on JavaScript (which it was for one more day when I wrote it grinning smiley).

Steve apparently did not know that he could have tested K-Meleon 1.6a with the specialized FFoxes engines he used ( FireFox's JS engine must also move the FFox chrome's JSs' - that eats 5% or more of JS performance - so K-Meleon cannot be slowser on a JS test grinning smiley)

At the moment?

Gecko engine is fastest for most things but its ScriptEngine TraceMonkey is slower than V8 used by iron, chrome and some others.

K-Meleon has the smallest footprints on Windows has a quite modern html rendering engine. It is very configurable and safe.

I am interested in browsers since 2001 - K-Meleon is my default / what can I say more?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 10:37AM by guenter.

THANKS A LOT.... USEFUL INFORMATION
Posted by: dj_creator4
Date: June 02, 2009 07:05PM

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWER.

I use three different browsers at this moment.

I.E.- because i need it for my work because some gubernamental sites doesnt accept another one

F.F. .- because i need some of their plugins (it´s not because i cant use others, but becouse i´m used to them.- fireftp...)

K-MELEON ccf me v0.094, because it has all i need, all i want and all I use, faster, useful, really fantastic... IT´S MY DEFAUL BROWSER and I can asseverate this because i´m an internet user since 90´s

THANKS A LOT AGAIN FOR CONFIRM MY SUPOSITIONS

dj_creator4... http://pp4mnk.zxq.net

http://pp4mnk.zxq.net

Re: THANKS A LOT.... USEFUL INFORMATION
Posted by: panzer
Date: June 02, 2009 07:20PM

Dj, disrupted reviewed some browsers in:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,82208,page=1

Take a look.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 02, 2009 07:29PM

guenter
Bluto XT claims to be fast?
IMHO it is not. Apart from not starting on my system.
grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: panzer
Date: June 02, 2009 07:34PM

i never heard of browser which claims it is slooooow.

Date: June 02, 2009 09:58PM

Not much disagreement among aged users grinning smiley

Default 1.5.2 (which is a lie - its updated) is my workhorse.
2/3 of favorite Firefox extensions (Console2 & live http headers).

Browser section of desktop. Most have special uses - e.g. checking html or going to script pages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 10:01PM by guenter.

Attachments: bk-fav.jpg (27.1 KB)  
Posted by: desga2
Date: June 02, 2009 10:46PM

@ guenter:

Is it a naked guy that I see on your wallpaper desktop? tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: Paul
Date: June 02, 2009 11:00PM

I Like guenters software reviews, informative and a touch of humour as well! I nominate him for the post of official software reviewer for this forum!! grinning smiley (When he has the time to spare of course) tongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 03, 2009 05:08AM

desga2
a naked guy that I see on your wallpaper desktop? tongue sticking out smiley

Not nacked and no Guy. = One of in forum needs glases more than me.grinning smiley

Was 2 tired to finish sentences - 2/3 of my favorite Firefox extensions exist with a K-Meleon version.

Does anyone know why Spoof Referrer does not install? I cannot live without all my favorite extensions & I waunt stay here if this browser does not support all my favorite extensions.tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon has a bug. It almost stalls the PC when Firefox 3 tries to start on a 192 MB Pentium III 500 MHz.

Posted by: foobarly
Date: June 03, 2009 09:22AM

Nightmare mode... ! grinning smiley

--- sig ---

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.