General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Plugins (MonkeeSage please read)
Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: April 23, 2003 07:43PM

MonkeeSage,

Everything works and including the appearance of the new groupmarks folder item. Is there a way to make the title icon use the existing folder icon resource ? I'm guessing not since M$ generally doesn't care about optimizations. Since the icon is the size issue then maybe the Intel complier isn't bad. Is the Intel compiler freely available ? I heard rumors that the latest M$ command line compiler is freely available but part of some insanely large downloadable package.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: April 23, 2003 08:05PM

Ps. About the dialog moving down on your screen...this is because I made it save the dialog position for top add 32 (for how much it takes away each time on my screen--actually it is 31 I think, but close enough). I don't have a virtual desktop or anything like that, so I don't know why would be an issue specific to me, but I guess it is if it never moved up for you before and now all of the sudden it is moving down. And that qued me to what is happening...I do have a window bar ...thing on the top of my screen...oh...it's just, you know, 32 pixals or so in height... Doh. The code is switched back to the regular now (I had actually forgot that I left it in the dll I uped till you mentioned it). No harm no foul. winking smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: jsnj
Date: April 23, 2003 10:14PM

Cool. All works well.

Since Custom Keywords, Quicksearch, Description Field, a competent Search function, and basic Groupmark support have been added, I'd say that just about all of the basics have been covered, barring one LOL, RFE 406, 2 icons differentiating the bookmark folders from the URLs in the dropdown menu list. It's basically cosmetic but I think it's one of the more important cosmetic features concerning the UI. Particularly if a user has folders mixed among the URLs. Again, it's mainly an issue for mouse users since keyboard users usually just bring up the Edit window. But, it's much easier for mouse users to use the dropdown list to get to bookmarks since you don't have to deal with collapsed folders and using the scrollbar or mouse wheel. I'm illiterate in coding and compiling so I don't know how hard it is to implement but I assume it's not easy since it hasn't been done and Ulf thought it something that should be done.

Date: April 24, 2003 12:48AM

jsnj and MonkeeSage,

Did you mention bug 406 ? Ulf just fixed it for all 3 bookmarking plugins. Another rebuild from CVS is needed.

I use the dropdown menu myself via Alt-B though I don't use bmpmenu since I don't like extra graphics.

What happened with the toolbars button dropdown menu code ?

Date: April 24, 2003 07:10PM

Minor change - in ns_bookmarks\defines.h

Change:

#define PREFERENCE_EDIT_ZOOM _T("kmeleon.plugins.favorites.editdialog.zoom")
#define PREFERENCE_EDIT_MAX _T("kmeleon.plugins.favorites.editdialog.maximized")

to:

#define PREFERENCE_EDIT_ZOOM "kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.editdialog.zoom"
#define PREFERENCE_EDIT_MAX "kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.editdialog.maximized"

Date: April 24, 2003 07:29PM

MonkeeSage,

I have a possible fix for bug 382 but I'm not 100% sure of this and need to test it. In toolbars\toolbars.cpp, functions IsButtonEnabled and IsButtonChecked

In function IsButtonEnable change:

return SendMessage(pToolbar->hWnd, TB_ISBUTTONENABLED, pButton->iID, 0) != 0;

to:

while (pToolbar) {
if (pToolbar->hwndWindow == GetActiveWindow())
return SendMessage(pToolbar->hWnd, TB_ISBUTTONENABLED, pButton->iID, 0) != 0;
pToolbar = pToolbar->nextWindow;
}
return NULL;

In function IsButtonChecked change:

return SendMessage(pToolbar->hWnd, TB_ISBUTTONCHECKED, pButton->iID, 0) != 0;

to:

while (pToolbar) {
if (pToolbar->hwndWindow == GetActiveWindow())
return SendMessage(pToolbar->hWnd, TB_ISBUTTONCHECKED, pButton->iID, 0) != 0;
pToolbar = pToolbar->nextWindow;
}
return NULL;

Date: April 24, 2003 07:53PM

asmpgmr:

I'm just about to build any CVS updates I haven't yet, so I'll also add these changes to toolbars and ns_bookmarks. I'll post in a few, when the updated builds are up.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 24, 2003 08:54PM

Plugins updated are:

bookmarks.dll
favorites.dll
hotlist.dll
toolbars.dll

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 24, 2003 09:10PM

MonkeeSage,

My toolbars change works though toolbars.dll over doubled in size (from 11776 bytes to 24576 bytes). Adding two small while loops definitely doesn't account for 12.5k increase in size.

Date: April 24, 2003 09:37PM

MonkeeSage,

Can you build a version of the current bookmarks.dll but without that new backup code. I hate automatic backups, I don't need help backing up my system.

Date: April 24, 2003 10:28PM

Does it actually make a backup copy like what's done for prefs? If so I can't find it.

Date: April 24, 2003 11:09PM

asmpgmr:

About the increase in size on toolbars.dll...was that from my last build or from the one in the service pack?

I've looked for anything that would increase the size (like being linked to unneeded libraries) and made sure that I'm no longer using the ICC includes or libraries (completely removed them from the compiler & linker paths), and made sure that my compiler and linker are set to the default cl.exe and link.exe...plus I tried the /Os compiler flag, which is supposed to override and spped optimizations in favor of size optimizations. My build after all that is still 24k, heh. I dunno what could have made it grow.

For bookmarks with no backups, I took your suggestion from the dev-list and made it use a pref.

ns_bookmarks_utils.cpp:

Change:

#if 1
create_backup(file);
#endif

To:

#if 1
BOOL pBb = FALSE;
kPlugin.kFuncs->GetPreference(PREF_BOOL, "kmeleon.general.bookmark_backups", &pBb, &pBb);
if (pBb == TRUE)
create_backup(file);
#endif

Then the pref is:

user_pref("kmeleon.general.bookmark_backups", <true | false>);

Build with this change is up.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 24, 2003 11:27PM

To be more consistant with the plugin I made the pref:

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.backups", <true | false>);

And I added it as an option (check box) in the config dialog.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 24, 2003 11:34PM

MonkeeSage,

Can you build the plugins with M$VC and see if the size decreases, particularly toolbars since it was a big jump (doubling in size is definitely bad).

Date: April 24, 2003 11:37PM

jsnj:

It only creates them on editing the bookmarks file, that is prolly why you don't see any backups. With the latest build (and with the "Create Backups" option checked in the Config dialog), try editing you file (e.g., add a new bookmark), and then you should see "bookmarks.bak.x" in your profile directory.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 25, 2003 12:01AM

jsnj,

The backups are created even if you just opened the bookmarks editor and exited without doing anything. I couldn't patch it out fast enough.

You can disable the prefs backups as well (this is a general Mozilla pref)
user_pref("backups.number_of_prefs_copies", 0);

Date: April 25, 2003 12:21AM

asmpgmr:

I am building using the standard MSVC compiler & linker right now, I completely removed any reference to any ICC related stuff, plus I have the MSVC 'optimize for size instead of speed' flag set ( /Os ) for the toolbars project. Mabye ICC actually moved some libs around or something...if the current MSVC build is larger that the previous by half...hmmm. I will probably just go ahead and remove the ICC and regedit any futher references to it into oblivion.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 25, 2003 01:09AM

Ah-ha...

Not sure why, but something ICC did to my project files was the cause of the inflation. I went back to my pre-ICC backups of of dsp files, and now toolbars.dll is 11k again. I went ahead and rebuilt all the plugins again. They are up at the usual spot. On avg. they are 10-20k smaller, like they used to be--entire dir including the winamp plugin is only 546k. I assume the ICC set up the project file to spew out a bunch of extra stuff for their compiler to work with or something, which also works with MSVC but is not necessary. Mabye some type of profiling? Anyhow...no more bloatedness. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 25, 2003 03:36PM

Did you guys lose the checkmarks beside status bar and Lock the Toolbars with the last bookmarks.dll? Also noticed that the bookmarks icons override the bmpmenu icons when placed in the same menu. Is that by design or just a byproduct?

Date: April 25, 2003 03:48PM

jsnj,

The bookmarks plugin has nothing to do with those entries. Anyway I still have the check marks for all the view toolbar items.

I did find the following bug - If a URL is opened from the bookmarks editor (via enter or right click menu), the message handler in ns_bookmarks_utils.cpp seems to stop receiving messages and the bookmarks menu (Alt-cool smiley becomes unusable. The status bar is no longer updated for the highlighted menu entry and selecting a menu item does nothing. K-Meleon has to be restarted to clear this problem. This problem likely applies to the hotlist plugin as well.

Also Ulf added a nifty feature for bookmarks keywords, if you select an item from the bookmarks menu which has %s you will now get a prompt for a substitution value.

Date: April 25, 2003 04:13PM

asmpgmr,

That's odd, because when I revert back to the previous bookmarks.dll without the icons, the checkmarks come back. Maybe it has something to do with my menu items and bookmarks being under the same menu?(my menu items are within a submenu under the bookmarks menu). But the other checkmarks in toolbars stay visible. Strange.

I couldn't replicate the bug you described. After opening a bookmark from the edit dialogue I was then able to use the dropdown list without a problem. Tried it with the edit dialogue open and closed.

The new prompt quicksearch feature. That hasn't been built yet right?

Date: April 25, 2003 05:17PM

asmpgmr & jsnj:

It seems to be only when then url is opened in a new window that the menu thing happens. I suspect that it is because the new window tries to create a bookmarks menu while the editor is saying there are changes that need to be saved or something along those lines. For me, closing the edit window then restores the bookmarks menu for the new window without a restart.

I'll build anynew CVS stuff later tonight. I'm going to nap for a bit.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 26, 2003 11:25AM

asmpgmr:

I was too tired to realize what you were taking about with Ulf adding quicksearch prompts...I just now saw what you meant, and that is nice!!! I really like that. smiling smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 27, 2003 06:56PM

MonkeeSage,

Implement favorites nicknames by reading the quicksearch registry branch
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl

Add findnick to ie_favorites\ie_plugin.cpp:

else if (stricmp(subject, "AddLink") == 0) {
addLink((char *)data1, (char *)data2);
}
else if (stricmp(subject, "FindNick") == 0) {
findNick((char *)data1, (char *)data2);
}
else return 0;

Add findnick to ie_favorites\ie_utils.cpp:

#define REG_SEARCHURL "Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\SearchUrl"
void findNick(char *nick, char *url)
{
HKEY hKey;
DWORD dwSize;
*url = 0;
if (RegOpenKey(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, REG_SEARCHURL, &hKey) == ERROR_SUCCESS) {
dwSize = INTERNET_MAX_URL_LENGTH;
RegQueryValueEx(hKey, nick, NULL, NULL, (LPBYTE)url, &dwSize);
RegCloseKey(hKey);
}
}

Finally activate the commented out code in BrowserView.cpp in function OnNewUrlEnteredInUrlBar to lookup favorites nicknames.

Date: April 27, 2003 08:43PM

Minor change:

Add findnick to ie_favorites\ie_plugin.cpp:

else if (stricmp(subject, "AddLink") == 0) {
addLink((char *)data1, (char *)data2);
}
else if (stricmp(subject, "FindNick") == 0) {
findNick((char *)data1, (char *)data2);
}
else return 0;

Add findnick to ie_favorites\ie_utils.cpp:

#include <wininet.h>

#define REG_SEARCHURL "Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\SearchUrl"
void findNick(char *nick, char *url)
{
HKEY hKey;
DWORD dwSize;
*url = 0;
if (RegOpenKey(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, REG_SEARCHURL, &hKey) == ERROR_SUCCESS) {
dwSize = INTERNET_MAX_URL_LENGTH;
RegQueryValueEx(hKey, (LPCTSTR)nick, NULL, NULL, (LPBYTE)url, &dwSize);
RegCloseKey(hKey);
}
}

Date: April 28, 2003 06:29PM

MonkeeSage,

About the bookmarks problem could you try the following - in ns_bookmarks\ns_bookmarks_edit.cpp, routine EditProc, in case IDCANCEL remove

if (feof(bmFile)) { and the corresponding closing } but leave the code within intact, the feof isn't needed and may be the cause of the problem.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.