General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Please Help .....
Posted by: dana1971
Date: June 09, 2009 04:40PM

I can click on any pic, and go down to image, click save image as, and it comes up as save as jpg, but on any of the camera's on Dakota it comes up, save as cgi.video, with no other option to save as anything else. I've never even seen cgi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 09, 2009 04:53PM

Gonna be out for a lil bit. Will check back.
Thanks for all the help everyone.

Posted by: reeko124
Date: June 09, 2009 04:54PM

It works but I have no camera thing and it doesn't appear to be used in the way you'd want to take an "at the moment" picture. I thought in the one example that disrupted had where you can see a little camera that, he was using the ietab extension but it was in the KM browser because I could see a block tab that is for Ad Block Plus and that is only found in gecko based browsers.

Maybe wait for disrupted to get back to you. I could have something turned off that can interfere with it to so it may work just wait to see what disrupted say. I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Reeko

Posted by: Paul
Date: June 09, 2009 04:58PM

dana1971
I've never even seen cgi.

The only things I can think of are Clinton Global Initiative (unlikely grinning smiley) or Computer Generated Image.

Posted by: reeko124
Date: June 09, 2009 05:00PM

Paul
dana1971
I've never even seen cgi.

The only things I can think of are Clinton Global Initiative (unlikely grinning smiley) or Computer Generated Image.

computer generated image or cam generated image......thats what i think

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 09, 2009 05:53PM

yes that was in kmeleon, the camera icon is flash, available when you select the ptz_camera not the live camera... i think they do that when they detect a gecko browser.. i couldn't further test the page because they said invalid user(kmeleontesters) which was weird because i had just created the account 10 mins ago and logged with it in ie, km and ff..maybe they thought too many logins is a hacked accoutn i don't know.

actvex is not a good thing dana..it opens up too many windows vulnerabilies.. i had to to enable too many things to be able to install the axis plugin for ie and even after i added dakota site to trusted it wouldn't install because the live stream is not hosted on their site but it was streamed on another host which displayed as an ip number..whois said that it belonged to a server called deerhunt or huntingdeer.com.. don't remember exactly.

ietab will give you the exact same features in ie.. after installing it from alain's page, just right click on the page and select 'send to>ie tab' this way you'll be able to have instant captures with the same axis plugin which apparently does not work with gecko (they say they support it but i couldn't make it work either in km or firefox.. both with activex enabled)

if you prefer the capture plus approach.. after installing it(extracting it as you've mentioned), you can access it in kmeleon by clicking on the edit menu>capture plus>capture page.. you'll need to select capture region for the specified image part.. it won't give you that instant capture as in axis but hopefully the deer won't run too fast

tutorial on using capture plus is there:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,90085,90133

Date: June 09, 2009 09:15PM

Thank you for all for all your help.
I did the capture plus, and it takes a good time to get an image, then when I opened it, it had no pic, so I put the ietab on here, and when I cick on any pic it has the option to send to ietab, but not on any of the live camera's on Dakota. I don't get it. I hate activex, and even with it enabled, the lil camera isn't there under the live cam's. I don't know what else to honestly do :-(

But I would like to that all of you who took the time to help me :-)

Date: June 09, 2009 11:20PM

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows if you can disable activex in internet explororer, and if you can, How??

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 09, 2009 11:52PM

i don't think you're using capture plus properly..there's no time delay..capturing the region depends on the user's input on how much time they take to select the region.

first open capture plus options(click on options button) and enter a valid path where your captures will be saved... or use browse button

after that select radio button 'capture selected region' and click the capture button.

your kmeleon window will turn into fullscreen to allow maximum capture region possible, your cursor will turn into a crosspointer.. drag your cursor around the region you want to capture(like drawing a rectangle)..once you're statisfied with the region that will be captured, click and release your left mouse button.

kmeleon will then open the folder that you've defined for the captured image..the image will be displayed inside that folder with date/time suffix

you can click on it to view it

example of captured image from dakota cam using capture plus

you cannot use the ietab extension to rightclick on an image or streaming video..only on a page?send to or link>send to

to disable activex for universal browsing in ie, open your control panel and open internet options, select security tab and select the internet zone..click custom button..disable activex components from there(mainly disable run activex controls and plugins)

Date: June 09, 2009 11:56PM

Not sure which version IE you use this link may help if it's IE7

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/disableie7activ.htm

Date: June 10, 2009 09:46AM

What I Love SO much about KM, and I don't know how it does it, is...it blocks all those webmessengers that they have come out with that are built inside like yahoo mail page, and gmail.
I wish there was a way in IE to do that. I have disabled all activex in IE but the messengers are still there, and b4 I found KM, I had FF installed, and even with adblock they still came thru...but something in KM keeps them out.

Date: June 12, 2009 11:25AM

dana1971
What I Love SO much about KM, and I don't know how it does it, is...it blocks all those webmessengers that they have come out with that are built inside like yahoo mail page, and gmail.
I wish there was a way in IE to do that. I have disabled all activex in IE but the messengers are still there, and b4 I found KM, I had FF installed, and even with adblock they still came thru...but something in KM keeps them out.

Is a kind of magic..!!!:drool:

My favorite forums
http://www.graphixanstuff.com
http://www.closeprotectionworld.co.uk/index.php?referrerid=11530

Date: June 12, 2009 11:27AM

Dana you are aware ad-block is availible for KM?

Date: June 12, 2009 11:32AM

Paul
Dana you are aware ad-block is availible for KM?

Nice one Paul...

My favorite forums
http://www.graphixanstuff.com
http://www.closeprotectionworld.co.uk/index.php?referrerid=11530

Date: June 20, 2009 11:24AM

How/where do I get ad-block for KM?

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 20, 2009 11:35AM
Date: June 20, 2009 01:28PM

TY

Posted by: siria
Date: September 11, 2009 09:27PM

Well, I'm a little late, probably way too late, but anyway ;-P

A few weeks ago I've played around with capture plus too, and basically like it a lot because it's the only tool of that sort for KM (even if behind the scenes it uses IE). But still, if the deers are in fact moving, capplus may need too many clicks...
Another possibility might be to use one of the countless general screenshot tools out there. E.g. Gadwin Printscreen, not perfect yet, but if there the "source" is set to "client window", it should work pretty fast for this purpose. Once the complicated settings are done, one just hast to hover the mouse over the image region and press "print screen" on the keyboard, and instantly the screenshots are saved to disk. How big the region is depends, on youtube "client window" captures only the the video screen and the player buttons (to be cut off later), but no idea about the deers ;-) There's also an option for a "rectangular area", but that would take more clicks again, just like capplus. Or simply capture the whole window and crop it later?
Then again, the original siteshoter.exe (in capplus folder) seems to allow a permanent setting for a rectangular area...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.