Sending Web Page as Email
Posted by: crabboy
Date: June 17, 2009 09:06AM

I use Ctrl+M to send URL's of web pages. Outlook Express is my default email program, despite the fact that I have Outlook (as part of MS Office). Lately when I use Ctrl+M it opens Outlook instead of Outlook Express. I went to Tools>Mail And News>Configure Mail and replaced the path to Outlook with the path to Outlook Express. Now, if I click on Tools>Mail And News>Read Mail, Outlook Express opens. But Ctrl+M (and Tools>Mail And News>New Message) still tries to send with Outlook.
What do I need to do?

Re: Sending Web Page as Email
Posted by: desga2
Date: June 17, 2009 11:40AM

When you set the Mail client (Tools -> Mail and News -> Configure Mail ...) run this code in macros\mail.kmm:

_Mail_DefaultMail{
$__key="Software\\Clients\\Mail\\";
$__key=$__key.readreg("HKLM",$__key);
$__def=readreg("HKLM",$__key."\\shell\\open\\command\\");
$__sys=readreg("HKLM",$__key."\\protocols\\mailto\\shell\\open\\command\\");
$__usr=readreg("HKCR","mailto\\shell\\open\\command\\");
$__usr==$__sys?$_client=$__def:$_client=$__usr;
}

When you send URL or compose new mail you are doing a mailto protocol called:

Mail_ComposeMessage{
macroinfo=_("Compose a new message");
open("mailto:");
}

Your problem is that you have defined in your Windows registry Outlook to mailto protocol instead Outlook Express. Searh some option in Outlook Express to define/setting/configure it as default Mail client.
Or change this values manually in your Windows registry.

Note that Ctrl+M isn't a default accelerator for send URL by Mail. (I can't know how this work)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Re: Sending Web Page as Email
Posted by: crabboy
Date: June 17, 2009 10:27PM

desga2
Your problem is that you have defined in your Windows registry Outlook to mailto protocol instead Outlook Express. Searh some option in Outlook Express to define/setting/configure it as default Mail client.
Or change this values manually in your Windows registry.

Note that Ctrl+M isn't a default accelerator for send URL by Mail. (I can't know how this work)

So simple that I missed it. In "Internet Options" Outlook Express was listed as the default mail program....but not in Outlook Express itself! All is good now. Thank you.

BTW, "Ctrl+M" was a setting I created myself, with help and advice from JamesD, back in 2007.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.