General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Off Topic: Why Gmail Sucks
Posted by: reeko124
Date: July 10, 2009 05:08PM

As most of you know I have been giving linux a try and in some cases that means reinstalling it quite a few times lol. Well what happens if by some chance I accidentally go into my gmail account without adjusting my timezones? Well I'll tell you what happened for more then 4 days my time is messed up on my emails. It is unreversable for some damn reason. I can do these steps but it doesn't matter:

1.clear cookies and history in my browser
2.Make sure my time is right in my system
3.The right timezone
4.Adjust timezone in google to the right timezone. Which 9 out of 10 times won't work. It says settings have not been saved but its always the right timezone in there anyway. I just do that hoping to god it works

It was 3 hours off, then 1 hour off, then 12 hours off. Any other email service I had doesn't automatically assume you are in another timezone until you change it regardless of your system settings. That happens no where else on the internet except gmail.

Sorry had to vent guys

Reeko

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 05:15PM by reeko124.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Off Topic: Why Gmail Sucks
Posted by: Veronica
Date: July 11, 2009 05:20AM

Yeah... That is why I never use it!!! I use my K-Meleon with the NetScape theme and I am a happy woman! As for email... MSN is great! No aggressive advertising like the AOL email and MSN allows classic theme! Yahoo is great as well... I haven't really tried the others... But yeah... IxQuick is the better browser because it seeks references from 12 other browsers. Unlike google who records your data FOREVER! Can you imagine having all of your hard earned data being kept long after your dead? Freaky if you ask me!!!

Date: July 11, 2009 06:11AM

Do`h between MSN AND AOL AND Gmail I cleary prefer yahoo...

My favorite forums
http://www.graphixanstuff.com
http://www.closeprotectionworld.co.uk/index.php?referrerid=11530

Posted by: Veronica
Date: July 11, 2009 07:53AM

I like Yahoo for searching! They look for deleted content of music videos and such on different websites and it actually worked. For example, I found an entire website dedicated to Simpson Episodes using Yahoo search. It plays all episodes commercial-free! The way it should be! Proving Yahoo to be a more dependable search for good shows and videos. I like the Yahoo avatars as well! It's fun! I really wish the real netscape was back! Then we would surf through CyberSpace the way it was meant to be searched through... The Navigator! The throbber always lets you know if the page was loading or not. 24 pixels by 24 pixels of in your face action!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.