General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
[Login/Password Saving] K-MeleonCCF ME 0.096.4
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: August 06, 2009 08:00PM

There is a major bug in previous 0.096.4 related with lastpass, and it's fixed now you can use lastpass. See usage.

[Release Notes]

+ Lastpass service integrated (can save/load username,password,form information etc.)

+ Lastpass menu/toolbar added

Lastpass Usage:

When you first use Lastpass, please go to www.lastpass.com to create an account and login. You will see bookmarlets on your left when you login, click bookmarklets, then you will see 3 bookmarklets:

LastPass Login! LastPass Fill! LastPass Fill Forms!

Copy the link address, then open from toolbar Lastpass config window, then copy bookmarklets links to according textbox. Then you can use Lastpass.
(I will come up with better solution for lastpass later, but now you can use it.)

Note:

Lastpass service is a service from https://lastpass.com/ and it's not related with K-Meleon/K-MeleonCCF, and you need to have an account to use this service (It's a free and nice service anyway...)

The purpose to integrate this service into K-MeleonCCF is to provide a login/password saving mechanism without using sqlite in Gecko 1.9x to keep KM as lightweight as possible. And you will find out it's a nice way to use lastpass.

[Download]

https://sourceforge.net/projects/k-meleonccfme/

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 12:40AM by Hao Jiang.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [Login/Password Saving] K-MeleonCCF ME 0.096.4
Posted by: Frank
Date: August 07, 2009 02:04AM

Its a brilliant idea to integrate lastpass in CCFME !

BTW, for thsoe who dont lknwo, all passwords are stored in CCFME (not at lastpass website) - only the encryption is done via lastpass server.

Congrats Hao for this excellent development

Frank

Date: August 07, 2009 06:53PM

Lastpass Usage:

When you first use Lastpass, please go to www.lastpass.com to create an account and login. You will see bookmarlets on your left when you login, click bookmarklets, then you will see 3 bookmarklets:

LastPass Login! LastPass Fill! LastPass Fill Forms!

Copy the link address, then open from toolbar Lastpass config window, then copy bookmarklets links to according textbox. Then you can use Lastpass.
(I will come up with better solution for lastpass later, but now you can use it.)

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: August 08, 2009 02:26AM

thans very much

Date: August 10, 2009 12:47AM

login works nowsmiling smiley

it seems that the cpu usage has not been turn down effectively even js runs slower than previous versions. i think the cpu is ok,just let the js engine run freely if it is not so easy to get a balance between speed and resouce usage, at least it is much better than google chrome, firefox and safari.

bugs unfixed under my xp3

1.sometimes,crashes occured when beginning downloads by single click.
2.undo pages cannot be recorded in undo list,when closing pages with gesture(double-,middle-click are both ok here).
3.sometimes,it will open two same pages in background, when using middle-click.

Thanks again, hope you can see this.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 01:07AM by chinarobin.

Date: August 10, 2009 03:58PM

chinarobin
login works nowsmiling smiley

it seems that the cpu usage has not been turn down effectively even js runs slower than previous versions. i think the cpu is ok,just let the js engine run freely if it is not so easy to get a balance between speed and resouce usage, at least it is much better than google chrome, firefox and safari.

bugs unfixed under my xp3

1.sometimes,crashes occured when beginning downloads by single click.
2.undo pages cannot be recorded in undo list,when closing pages with gesture(double-,middle-click are both ok here).
3.sometimes,it will open two same pages in background, when using middle-click.

Thanks again, hope you can see this.

Could you please give some website example when middle-click triggering two tabs in background? So I can try to fix that?

Date: August 11, 2009 01:16AM

I use middle-click to open an andress in background,i really tried to give you some, but it happens to the same page unregulaly, and i forget which pages they are now, that's why i use "sometimes" here.

Is it possible because of short of triggering time? and it triggers twice by once middle-click.is there a way to extend the griggering time, make it less insensitive?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 01:20AM by chinarobin.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 20, 2009 01:58AM

Hao,

I talked to the developer at LastPass and asked if they were thinking about including other crypto besides AES and they are... down the road. That should satisfy some concerns with AES.

N

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 27, 2009 06:22PM

Hao,

OK, I'm sold. Lastpass works for me, after some experimentation and questions about their encryption standards.

Much thanks.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.