Bookmarks plugin
Posted by: MikeSerrano
Date: May 05, 2003 09:14PM

I thought I had seen an RFE for interpretation of HTML entities in bookmark names a while ago. I searched both the forums and the bug database and came up empty.

Specifically, I've got a bookmark folder named "Mozilla & Phoenix Info" which is correctly saved in HTML as "Mozilla & Phoenix Info" by Phoenix/Firebird, but the K-Meleon bookmark plugin does not correctly interpret this HTML and simply writes "Mozilla & Phoenix Info" to the screen. This seems like it would be simple to fix... (unfortunately, I am not a Win32 programmer so I can't suggest a patch--though I could tell you how to do it in PHP or perl in 2 seconds... but I digress).

AFAICT, the only characters in bookmark names that are transcoded to HTML entities by Mozilla/Firebird are <,>,", and &.

So has this RFE already been made and been dismissed (or perhaps already fixed somewhere in CVS), or should I add it to the bug database?

-Mike

Re: Bookmarks plugin
Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: May 06, 2003 12:24AM

Did you try the unofficial build at http://gratisdei.com/KM.htm ? It has a later version of the main program and plugins which support some additional features. The updated bookmarks plugin definitely has more features than even the service pack 1 release. If it doesn't have what you want then open an RFE in the bug database.

Posted by: MikeSerrano
Date: May 06, 2003 02:32AM

Yep... got the 4/24/2003 1.4b full install.

And I didn't even notice it until now but the second and third instance of "&" should read "&a mp;" (without the space... the forum software interprets the HTML). Sorry about that... even I re-read my post and confused. tongue sticking out smiley

I'm off to open an RFE.

-Mike

Posted by: Mike Serrano
Date: May 06, 2003 06:55PM
K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.