General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
how to handle flash cookies
Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 15, 2009 04:03AM

Anyone know how to handle flash cookies in KM?

Tks.

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to handle flash cookies
Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 15, 2009 07:45AM

I delete the flash cookies manually but one might use therefore third party software as well.
However flash cookies get stored very rarely on my system since the flash plug-in (I never install flash just grab the plug-in) is basically disabled (renamed). If I'm after a flash video on YouTube, it happens rarely, I prefer to use an online service like KeepVid which also gives me the choice to store the vid in MP4 format instead od SWF.

FlashPlayer settings manager

Flash: 99% Bad

Usability of Rich Internet Applications and Web-Based Tools: Design Guidelines Based on User Testing of 46 Flash Tools

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 15, 2009 01:25PM

Yogi
I delete the flash cookies manually but one might use therefore third party software as well.

However flash cookies get stored very rarely on my system since the flash plug-in (I never install flash just grab the plug-in) is basically disabled (renamed). If I'm after a flash video on YouTube, it happens rarely, I prefer to use an online service like KeepVid which also gives me the choice to store the vid in MP4 format instead od SWF.

Yogi,

Not quite sure I understand how you use Flash. If you have the plug-in minus Flash, how do you view flash files? I would venture to guess that the KeepVid thing would have to be used with a copy and paste of the flash video URL????

<weak grin>

N

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 15, 2009 07:15PM

ndebord
Not quite sure I understand how you use Flash. If you have the plug-in minus Flash, how do you view flash files? I would venture to guess that the KeepVid thing would have to be used with a copy and paste of the flash video URL????

<weak grin>

You are right. KeepVid has to be used with a copy and paste of the flash video URL.
Generally I don't need the flash plug-in to grab the flash video URL:

In order to view most flash videos (those with the SWF-extension at least) with your browser it's enough to have the NPSWF32.dll in the plugin folder of your browser.
No need to install the whole flash crap. I never did.
Since I don't like to stress my browser by watching flash videos I use the Adobe SWF-player (a standalone .exe which I also extract from Adobe's installation garbage package grinning smiley ) therefore:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2009 07:32PM by Yogi.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.