K-Meleon And IP the address
Posted by: Babai
Date: August 17, 2009 02:08PM

Prompt, as in K-Meleon 1.5.3 to import expansion from Firefox
Live IP Address

Or it is impossible???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 02:11PM by Babai.

Re: K-Meleon And IP the address
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 17, 2009 04:01PM

I think that with a little external tool + a little macro, it would be possible, and perhaps with the extension.

I have no time now, but I'll look for ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 04:01PM by JujuLand.

Date: August 17, 2009 05:01PM

In these macroes I as a pig in oranges. (I understand nothing).
And with English language I am not on friendly terms, so forgive if such question already set.
It is visible not destiny to me it присобачить.
THANKS!!!

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 17, 2009 08:53PM

@Babai

IP Bar from K-Meleon Extensions Central

Just in case your K-Meleon connects through a proxy it won't work otherwise you may give it a try.

Date: August 18, 2009 06:07AM

Thanks.

Date: August 18, 2009 06:46AM

@Yogi,

It's not something like IPbar, which gives the IP address of the sites you're browsing, but a tool which gives your own IP address on the web.

I have tried the Firefox extension, and it's not usable with K-Meleon, due to the lack of some service.

I have tried to find some tool to keep the own IP address, but all this tools are too big, and can't be used since a command line.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 18, 2009 12:59PM

This will not put the external IP into the statusbar, but it will obtain it and display in a new tab or window.

External_IP.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#
# ---------- External_IP.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language to show the current external ip number ---------------
#
# Dependencies			: main.kmm
# Resources			: http://www.nirsoft.net/show_my_ip_address.php 
# Preferences			: -
# Version			: 0.5.0  August 18, 2009
# Author                        : JamesD
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_External_IP_Display {
macroinfo=_("Display current external IP number");
$_External_IP_Site = "www.nirsoft.net/show_my_ip_address.php";
$kTabs?opentab( $_External_IP_Site )yawning smileypennew( $_External_IP_Site );
}

_External_IP_BuildMenu {
# add another option to Misc section of Tools menu
setmenu("&Tools",macro,_("External IP"),_External_IP_Display,Misc);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_External_IP_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."External_IP;";

Posted by: Yogi
Date: August 18, 2009 06:59PM

JujuLand
@Yogi,

It's not something like IPbar,

My bad.
Merci beaucoup Alain for opening my blind eyes smiling smiley

Date: August 18, 2009 07:28PM

@ Yogi

Don't feel bad. The first thing I found was localhost 127.0.0.1. I did a new macro and everything before I came back here and found what "liveIP" really meant.

Date: August 18, 2009 11:56PM

@ JujuLand

In searching the net about this thread, I came across this item.
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/scottlysle/ExternalIpAddressCSharp01202009015628AM/ExternalIpAddressCSharp.aspx

It had some code to obtain local the IP address. I have no idea where to put the code.

// External IP Address (get your external IP locally)
UTF8Encoding utf8 = new UTF8Encoding();
WebClient webClient = new WebClient();
String externalIp = utf8.GetString(webClient.DownloadData(
"http://whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp"winking smiley); 

Response.Write("<h2>Your External IP Address is: " + externalIp + "</h2><br />");

Perhaps it will be useful to you.

Date: August 19, 2009 02:38AM

The statusbar keeps getting overwritten so I tried a way to put into the title. It is two steps to get there. It does revert to original title upon quitting KM. I don't use the loader so I don't know what happens when that is being used.

ExIP.kmm

#  K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)
#
# ---------- ExIP.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language to show EXTERNAL ip number in browser title ---
#
# Resources				: "whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp" 
# Version				: 0.9  August 18, 2009 
# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_ExIP_RunLoad {
# find the current display title
$ExIP_OldTitle = getpref(STRING,"kmeleon.display.title");
#alert($ExIP_OldTitle, "$ExIP_OldTitle DEBUG", INFO);
# obtain the URL of the current page
$ExIP_OldURL = $URL ;
# open the page to "http://whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp";
open("whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp");
}

_ExIP_RunRead {
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL);
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$_ExIP_Clip = getclipboard();
$_ExIP_NewTitle =  $ExIP_OldTitle . "  ExIP " .$_ExIP_Clip;
setpref(STRING,"kmeleon.display.title",$_ExIP_NewTitle); 
open($ExIP_OldURL) ;
}

_ExIP_Revert_Title {
setpref(STRING,"kmeleon.display.title",$ExIP_OldTitle); 
}

_ExIP_BuildMenu {
$_ExIP_Popm =_("ExIP") ;
setmenu("&Tools",popup,$_ExIP_Popm,Misc);
setmenu($_ExIP_Popm,macro,_("Load IP Host"),_ExIP_RunLoad,0);
setmenu($_ExIP_Popm,macro,_("Read IP to Title"),_ExIP_RunRead,1);
}

$OnQuit=$OnQuit."_ExIP_Revert_Title;";
$OnInit=$OnInit."_ExIP_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."ExIP;";

Date: August 19, 2009 06:12AM

MANY THANKS JamesD!!!
Basically ExIP.kmm for me approaches, but if it appeared in statusbar was in general super.
THANKS Everything that have not disregarded!!!

P.S
Has tested ExIP.kmm has noticed that at repeated inclusion
ExIP - or allocates all page (Ctrl+A), or Cleans all from page heading. Not stably works.
And at transition to other page IP the address vanishes from heading.
And it would be desirable that it was updated approximately in 5 minutes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 06:39AM by Babai.

Date: August 19, 2009 01:46PM

@ Babai

Perhaps I do not understand the requirements. I don't run FF so I cannot see what happens with LiveIP in that browser. Also I have a static external IP over a DSL line so my address never changes. I assume a person on dial-up would get a new dynamic IP address each time they connected. Would that address not remain the same the entire session?

As for a refresh in 5 minutes, I think there is not a clock or timer function in KM.

I think I am right in saying that a macro will only execute in the window/tab in which it was started. That is why ExIP was a two menu item system.

Tell me more about the requirements and I will try to see if anything is possible.

Date: August 19, 2009 02:34PM

JamesD
Perhaps I do not understand the requirements.

I think you have understood

JamesD
I don't run FF so I cannot see what happens with LiveIP in that browser. Also I have a static external IP over a DSL line so my address never changes. I assume a person on dial-up would get a new dynamic IP address each time they connected. Would that address not remain the same the entire session?

I think the IP address isn't static, we, in France, and perhaps in Russia, have a dynamic address, but with a bail (french word, I don't know the used word in english), a limited time we can use this address (about 15 days). Each time we connect we change the beginning and obviously the end of this periode, and we just loose this address if we don't connect during this time.

One moment (I don't know if its always used) to limit the users possibilities to make a server just on the IP address, the providers (in France, and perhaps elsewhere) sometimes disconnect the users and reconnect it with a new IP address (generally the night).

As I have just limited time connection, I don't know if this mechanism is always used.

For limited time connection, it seems we also use a bail.[/quote]

JamesD
As for a refresh in 5 minutes, I think there is not a clock or timer function in KM.

Two things about the delay:
-K-Meleon handles an automatic refreshment of a page (Display > Refresh > Automatic Refresh)
-utils handles a timer, but to use carefully.

I don't think it's necessary to refresh each 5 seconds, but, in fact it seems (it's what I understand) that the title is cleared each time we change the tab, and it's perhaps necessary to refresh the IP address display each x seconds

But perhaps I misssunderstood.

JamesD
I think I am right in saying that a macro will only execute in the window/tab in which it was started.

Right, and that's why, perhaps, it will not be possible to keep the display.

JamesD
That is why ExIP was a two menu item system.

I must say I haven't tried it, but a way is perhaps to save the IP address in a prefs, with another prefs for the time we have kept it, and in this case, from a new tab, we are about to know if the address must be reread, and we can display it for each tab we open.

Perhaps the necessity to use the event OnOpenTab.

A+

Date: August 19, 2009 04:58PM

JujuLand
-utils handles a timer, but to use carefully.

The "use carefully" part here worries me some. I have already had a major project - 500 lines of macro - fail because the utils sleep function can be run only a few times in KM before KM will fail. Am I going to have a problem if the timer "strftime" is called at every $onLoad event?

This to add --
Just like "sleep", the "strftime" function will cause KM to fail after a number of uses. The following code called by OnLoad caused a failure.
_Snippet_AutoTime {
$_format = "%H%M";
$_result = pluginmsgex(utils, "strftime", $_format ,STRING);
statusbar("Time at load is ".$_result. " hours");
}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 05:18PM by JamesD.

Date: August 19, 2009 07:48PM

Babai
P.S
Has tested ExIP.kmm has noticed that at repeated inclusion
ExIP - or allocates all page (Ctrl+A), or Cleans all from page heading. Not stably works.
And at transition to other page IP the address vanishes from heading.
And it would be desirable that it was updated approximately in 5 minutes.

I did find a problem with the original ExIP.kmm file. I will post a new one. I see that I failed to include any instructions with the earlier post. I am sorry for that. Was late at night here and I just forgot.

I think I can do something with statusbar instead of title. I am working on that. Problem with using statusbar is that as soon as OnLoad puts data there, any mouse movement can cause an overwrite with other data. Do you still wish me to go that way?

There is a problem with timing. See my earlier post. Also a macro cannot span tabs or windows. So it is not easy to make this automatic because the external IP address is in its own window/tab.

INSTRUCTIONS for using ExIP.kmm

Click on "ExIP" in the "tools" menu. Click on "Load IP Host" and wait for the page with the external IP address to appear. While remaining on that page, click on "ExIP" and then click on "Read IP to Title".

This should put the external IP address into the title and it should be there for all tabs or windows.

If the previous version left you without "K-Meleon" in your title, you can edit, without KM running, the file "prefs.js" in your profile. Look for the line with
user_pref("kmeleon.display.title", "");
and change it to include the title you wish. The default is
user_pref("kmeleon.display.title", "K-Meleon");
Since I run several versions of KM, my title includes the version.
user_pref("kmeleon.display.title", "K-Meleon 1.5.3");

ExIP.kmm

#
# ---------- ExIP.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language to show EXTERNAL ip number in browser title ---
#
# Resources			: "whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp" 
# Version			: 1.0  August 19, 2009 

_ExIP_RunLoad {
# find the current display title
$ExIP_OldTitle = getpref(STRING,"kmeleon.display.title");
$ExIP_OldURL = $URL ;
}

_ExIP_RunRead {
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL);
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$_ExIP_Clip = getclipboard();
$_ExIP_NewTitle =  $ExIP_OldTitle . "  ExIP " .$_ExIP_Clip;
setpref(STRING,"kmeleon.display.title",$_ExIP_NewTitle); 
open($ExIP_OldURL) ;
}

_ExIP_Revert_Title {
if (length($ExIP_OldTitle) != 0 ){
setpref(STRING,"kmeleon.display.title",$ExIP_OldTitle); }
}

_ExIP_BuildMenu {
$_ExIP_Popm =_("ExIP") ;
setmenu("&Tools",popup,$_ExIP_Popm,Misc);
setmenu($_ExIP_Popm,macro,_("Load IP Host"),_ExIP_RunLoad,0);
setmenu($_ExIP_Popm,macro,_("Read IP to Title"),_ExIP_RunRead,1);
}

$OnQuit=$OnQuit."_ExIP_Revert_Title;";
$OnInit=$OnInit."_ExIP_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."ExIP;";

Date: August 19, 2009 08:41PM

Are you not getting tired of me yet? Here is one that is more automated and uses the status bar.

ExIP2.kmm

#
# ---------- ExIP2.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language to show EXTERNAL ip number in statusbar ---
#
# Preferences			: "k-meleon.ExIP2.use"
# Version			: 0.2  August 19, 2009 

_ExIP2_RunLoad {
$ExIP2_OldURL = $URL ;
# set a flag for ExIP2 in use
setpref(BOOL,"k-meleon.ExIP2.use", true);
}

_ExIP2_RunRead {
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL);
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$ExIP2_Clip = getclipboard();
statusbar("External IP  ".$ExIP2_Clip);
open($ExIP2_OldURL) ;
}

_ExIP2_StatusBarSet {
if (length($ExIP2_Clip) != 0) {
statusbar("External IP  ".$ExIP2_Clip); }
}

_ExIP2_Auto_stage {
if (getpref(BOOL,"k-meleon.ExIP2.use") == true ) {
macros(_ExIP2_RunRead);
delpref("k-meleon.ExIP2.use");
}

_ExIP2_BuildMenu {
setmenu("&Tools",macro,_("ExIP2"),_ExIP2_RunLoad,Misc);
}

$OnLoad=$OnLoad."_ExIP2_StatusBarSet;";
$OnLoad=$OnLoad."_ExIP2_Auto_stage;";
$OnInit=$OnInit."_ExIP2_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."ExIP2;";

Date: August 20, 2009 01:06PM

The macros ExIP2.kmm works as on hours fine.
But I expected a bit another. Namely:
Did not think that it will substitute StatusBar and will register IP address in string StatusBar near to a tag the Information on protection or the pagein indicator. And upgrade IP occurred by pressing of a mouse.
And at inclusion K-Meleon at once showed IP the address instead of to include it manually.
Навеное we do not understand each other because of language.
And so huge сппасибо that waste time on me!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2009 01:14PM by Babai.

Date: August 20, 2009 02:58PM

Babai
Did not think that it will substitute StatusBar and will register IP address in string StatusBar near to a tag the Information on protection or the pagein indicator.

We might indeed have a language problem. Can you explain more which other "statusbar" you mean.

Date: August 20, 2009 03:43PM

JamesD
Babai
Did not think that it will substitute StatusBar and will register IP address in string StatusBar near to a tag the Information on protection or the pagein indicator.

We might indeed have a language problem. Can you explain more which other "statusbar" you mean.

Not another statusbar, And on the panel statusbar to th in the end where there is a loading indicator

Date: August 20, 2009 06:00PM

At the right of the status bar, it's not possible to display something without creating a kplugins, like AdBlockPlus.

It's not as easy than a macro ...

Forget it

A+

Date: August 20, 2009 06:13PM

OK, looks like we are talking about the same bar. You would like something on the right hand side and I put IP address on the left hand side.

The macro language only allows me to write text on the left hand side of the statusbar. I cannot change that. I had it display again each time there was a load, but the information was never updated except when you run TOOLS - ExIP2.

I know of a way to automate the update, but I don't think it is safe to use. The update requires loading a page which has the IP address, reading that page, and then re-loading the URL your original page. If you were to be doing transaction when that happened, I think you would lose your place and data. Most sites doing transactions will not let you reload a page with data on it.

The best I can do is to have a message pop up to remind the user that x amount of time has passed since the last update.

What version of KM and operating system are you using? Some macro language items are only available to recent KM versions. I am looking at other possible ways to provide the display and update. Give me a little time.

Thanks for your feedback on previous attempts. I think I saw the missing title happen once but I cannot make it happen again. What is your CPU speed? Only way to miss the title would be to read prefs.js before the previous write to prefs.js was complete.

Date: August 20, 2009 09:02PM

Well, I am back with another version. This one puts the IP address on the menu under "Active IP". It also has a timer/reminder to let you know when 5 minutes have elasped since a refresh. It does not start with the IP address loaded. The first time you click on "Active IP" the only choice will be to "Refresh". At any click after that the menu item will be the external IP address. If you click on the IP Address it will be refreshed. I have retained the use of the statusbar to display the IP address at each OnLoad event.

Help required

Sometimes when I click on a link which opens in a new window, I get the menu item "Active IP" a second time on the main menu. The code to build/rebuild the menu is not running then. I have checked. I have no idea why the duplicate occurs. If anybody has an idea why this happens, I would love to hear it.

With the addition of the timer, there are now two files to copied and put on your system. They are "ActiveIP.kmm" and ActiveIP.js.

ActiveIP.kmm

#
# ---------- ActiveIP.kmm
# ---------- K-Meleon Macro Language to show EXTERNAL ip number under MAIN menu ---
# ---------- Clicking on "Refresh" or the IP Number will refresh the IP number       
#
# Preferences			: "k-meleon.ActiveIP.use"
# Version			: 0.3  August 21, 2009 

_ActiveIP_RunLoad {
macroinfo = "Refresh External IP address";
$ActiveIP_OldURL = $URL ;
setpref(BOOL,"k-meleon.ActiveIP.use", true);
}

_ActiveIP_RunRead {
id(ID_EDIT_SELECT_ALL);
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$ActiveIP_Clip = getclipboard();
macros(_ActiveIP_BuildMenu);
$_ActiveIP_Milliseconds = 5 * ( 60 * 1000 ) ;
exec("wscript.exe \"".$_ActiveIP_Path."\" \"".$ActiveIP_Clip."\" \"".$_ActiveIP_Milliseconds."\"") ;
open($ActiveIP_OldURL) ;
}

_ActiveIP_Auto_stage {
if (getpref(BOOL,"k-meleon.ActiveIP.use") == true ) {
	#alert("ActiveIP_Auto_stage", "Running this  DEBUG", INFO);
	macros(_ActiveIP_RunRead);
	delpref("k-meleon.ActiveIP.use");
	}
}

_ActiveIP_StatusBarSet {
if (length($ActiveIP_Clip) != 0) {
statusbar("External IP  ".$ActiveIP_Clip); }
}

_ActiveIP_BuildMenu {
#alert("ActiveIP_BuildMenu","Running this  DEBUG", INFO);
$_g="Active IP";
setmenu(Main,popup,$_g,-1);
$__m="TheIP";
setmenu($_g,inline,$__m);
setmenu($__m,macro,$ActiveIP_Clip,_ActiveIP_RunLoad,-1);
rebuildmenu($__m);
}

_ActiveIP_Initial {
$ActiveIP_Clip = "Refresh" ;
}

_ActiveIP_GetPath {
$__Data=readfile(getfolder(MacroFolder)."\\ActiveIP.kmm");
$_ActiveIP_Path=getfolder($__Data==""?UserMacroFolder:MacroFolder)."\\ActiveIP.js";
}

## - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
$OnStartup=$OnStartup."_ActiveIP_GetPath;";
$OnLoad=$OnLoad."_ActiveIP_StatusBarSet;";
$OnLoad=$OnLoad."_ActiveIP_Auto_stage;";
$OnInit=$OnInit."_ActiveIP_Initial;";
$OnInit=$OnInit."_ActiveIP_BuildMenu;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."ActiveIP;";
## *** END OF ActiveIP.kmm ***

ActiveIP.js

/* ActiveIP.js by JamesD, version  1.0  2009-08-20

This script is a helper application for the K-Meleon Macro Module ActiveIP.kmm that
   enables you to set a timer .

Windows Script Host 1.0 (or better) required!

WSH is part of Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 and newer. Latest version of WSH is
   available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/
*/

if (WScript.Arguments.count()==2) {
	var ActiveIP_CurrentIP  = WScript.Arguments(0);
	var ActiveIP_Milliseconds  = WScript.Arguments(1);
	WScript.Sleep( ActiveIP_Milliseconds) ;
	var d = new Date();
	WScript.Echo("Timer expired on IP address \n\n " + ActiveIP_CurrentIP + "\n\n " + d) ;
}
else
{
objArgs = WScript.Arguments ;
WScript.Echo(WScript.Arguments.Count());
for (i=0; i<objArgs.length; i++)
	{
    	WScript.Echo(objArgs(i))
	}
}	
// *** END OF ActiveIP.js ***

Note ActiveIP.kmm changed in version 0.3 on 8/21/09. Version 0.1 write to statusbar function was non-functioning.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 06:22PM by JamesD.

Date: August 21, 2009 08:02AM

I had in view of here so

Date: August 21, 2009 08:34AM

I am sorry for drawing

TooiTip- Refresh IP Address
At start K-Meleon this panel automatically joined.
Here so балобы it is good.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 09:08AM by Babai.

Date: August 21, 2009 11:37AM

Yes, I see where you want the IP address. I do not know how to put it there.

Date: August 21, 2009 12:04PM

:drool:All the same thanks, we will use ExIP2.kmm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 12:04PM by Babai.

Date: August 21, 2009 06:24PM

ActiveIP.kmm which was posted later has all that function plus a one click refresh and 5 minute reminder.

If you use make sure that you get the 0.3 version. The statusbar display was not working in ver 0.1.

Date: August 21, 2009 11:39PM

Problem with double menu item has been fixed. See this thread http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?3,95814 for revised kmm file.

Posted by: Alex.Tarantul
Date: August 26, 2009 12:41PM

Friends, whether probably to take for a basis IP Bar IP Bar.dll and change that dll so that it was displayed not IP of an opened site, but my own IP? Babai means it smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.