General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
My bookmarks havent changed to normal bookmarks why?
Posted by: brockisit
Date: August 30, 2009 01:04AM

Hello Everyone,

I imported all my bookmarks from firefox over to K-meleon, but they havent all changed to look normal. Whats wrong with them? is it in settings?

Also the forum doesnt have a forgot password, so I tried with a different name and password, kinda wish the forum had a forget password, so I can sign on as Brock Craig Rice...but I guess: it's ok because this is the name I like to use anyways.

I wanted to say thanks to all the guys that helped me with that other thread. All that information has helped me very much

Bye
Brock

------------------------------------------------
Your friend
Brockisit....yawning smiley)

"Im plumbing the depth of my ignorance,Means ill never know enough"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My bookmarks havent changed to normal bookmarks why?
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 30, 2009 09:26AM

K-Meleon will use ff bookmarks.html but it will not use the firefox icons which are
a latter addition to the old Netscape idea/format. On K-Meleon's first write action any Firefox bookmarks will be stored in the original format and the pics are destroyed. K-Meleon draws icons & bookmarks icons from the file that contains the site icons of sites that it has actually visited. So once You visited the bookmarks sites they will have their icons back.

Do You mean that? Else i do not know the solution.

p.s. Moderators e.g. I can set new pwd for Brock Craig Rice ID and send it via mail. At least if Your mail @ is a real mail address. Just decide & tell which name You want.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 09:32AM by guenter.

Date: August 30, 2009 06:34PM

guenter
K-Meleon will use ff bookmarks.html but it will not use the firefox icons which are
a latter addition to the old Netscape idea/format. On K-Meleon's first write action any Firefox bookmarks will be stored in the original format and the pics are destroyed. K-Meleon draws icons & bookmarks icons from the file that contains the site icons of sites that it has actually visited. So once You visited the bookmarks sites they will have their icons back.

Do You mean that? Else i do not know the solution.

p.s. Moderators e.g. I can set new pwd for Brock Craig Rice ID and send it via mail. At least if Your mail @ is a real mail address. Just decide & tell which name You want.

Hello guenter,

Thank you for explaining that to me. Well I have visited most my sites,and still they havent changed yet...still have a square with a star. I have four that have changed: gmail,classmates,wellsfargo,winmx world..and thats it.

Oh about the name ill stick with brockisit. Thank you very much for all the help.

I guess when it comes to the icons coming back, ill just keep visiting them and hope one day they come back as icons

Your friend

Date: August 30, 2009 08:01PM

If some have changed it works ok.

But K-Meleon is not tolerant about searching favicons at the wrong spot. I half remember that kko(?) explained what K-Meleon or the 1.8 engine found wrong on a page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 08:04PM by guenter.

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 31, 2009 05:56PM

You can try to change this pref in about:config url (or Edit -> Configuration -> Browser Configuration):
browser.chrome.favicons
Change his value to true.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: August 31, 2009 06:48PM

desga2
You can try to change this pref in about:config url (or Edit -> Configuration -> Browser Configuration):
browser.chrome.favicons
Change his value to true.

Thanks desga2 for the information. I went in there and changed it to true,and closed the tabs, and shutdown the loader, and restarted my laptop. And now Im back on after the change. And it took a couple times loading the browser, and now the icons are looking normal.

Thank you again for that information....it worked...smiling smiley

Your friend

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 09:38PM by brockisit.

Date: September 01, 2009 07:15AM

Wish I could delete this tread...got K-meleon working great now

Your friend

Date: September 01, 2009 09:12AM

The questions and answers will serve others with the same problem.
So IMHO it should stay.

p.s. similar problems have been answered before but obviously the search does not find answers too far back. & also obviously thx to the whims of the IT gods some systems do not accept all changes when we mere humans think they should smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.