General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
highlight all
Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 02, 2009 06:15PM

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/macros/highlighter.7z

based on jsnj's search xtra javascript, this enables selecting a text or phrase and highlighting all similar..this can be useful when searching for specific terms on a website and don't want to fire the find dialog

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- highlighter ------js code by jsnj--------------------

_Highlighttext{
setclipboard("");
id(ID_EDIT_COPY);
$highlighted=getclipboard();
open("javascript: (function(){var count=0, text, dv;text=%22".$highlighted."%22;if(text==null)return;dv=document.defaultView;function searchWithinNode(node, te, len){var pos, skip, spannode, middlebit, endbit, middleclone;skip=0;if( node.nodeType==3 ){pos=node.data.toUpperCase().indexOf(te);if(pos>=0){spannode=document.createElement(%22SPAN%22);spannode.style.backgroundColor=%22#A3E897%22;middlebit=node.splitText(pos);endbit=middlebit.splitText(len);middleclone=middlebit.cloneNode(true);spannode.appendChild(middleclone);middlebit.parentNode.replaceChild(spannode,middlebit);++count;skip=1;}}else if( node.nodeType==1&& node.childNodes&& dv.getComputedStyle(node, null).getPropertyValue(%22display%22)!=%22none%22){for (var child=0; child < node.childNodes.length; ++child){child=child+searchWithinNode(node.childNodes[child], te, len);}}return skip;}window.status=%22Searching for '%22+text+%22'...%22;searchWithinNode(document.body, text.toUpperCase(), text.length);window.status=%22Found %22+count+%22 occurrence%22+(count==1?%22%22:%22s%22)+%22 of '%22+text+%22'.%22;})();");
}

highlighter_BuildMenu{
setmenu(Selection,inline,highlighter,5);
setmenu(highlighter,macro,"Highlight All",_Highlighttext);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."highlighter_BuildMenu;";
# ------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."texthighlighter;";

special thanks to jsnj

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: highlight all
Posted by: jsnj
Date: September 02, 2009 08:45PM

disrupted
js code by jsnj

Thanks but can't take credit for the JS code. That's from an old forum post from someone years ago that I had lying around. I'm pretty much clueless in JS. smiling smiley

BTW, you can avoid messing with the clipboard by just using the global variable $SelectedText. Resetting the clipboard doesn't always work. Like in the case of copied images for example.

Also, I couldn't get injectJS to work on this one. Hence the macro'd JS toggle dance smiling smiley for users who block JS.

Date: September 02, 2009 09:18PM

thanks jsnj, i always forget about enabling it in case user has it disabled.. i hate js

i made an update with additional 2 lines
$_jscurrent=getpref(BOOL,$pref_JavaScript);
setpref(BOOL,$pref_JavaScript, true);

Posted by: jsnj
Date: September 03, 2009 12:23AM

disrupted, use this one since it doesn't erase the users clipboard nor require them to re-block JS every time they use highlight all.

Attachments: highlighttext.kmm (1.8 KB)  
Date: September 03, 2009 12:30AM

cheers smiling smiley i've uploaded updated macro

Posted by: foobarly
Date: September 03, 2009 09:53AM

disrupted
cheers smiling smiley i've uploaded updated macro

I love what you do, dear disrupted, but give us a link or GTFO. >:-)

BTW, what's with the faded Mitsubishi logo?

--- sig ---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2009 09:54AM by foobarly.

Posted by: panzer
Date: September 03, 2009 10:36AM

He was either conceived or born in car, made by Mitshubishi. grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2009 10:36AM by panzer.

Date: September 03, 2009 06:04PM

i don't think so..though not unlikely since pops did own a galant at the time grinning smiley

atleast i'm not that crazy:

jsnj updated macro is in above link, it's the same as one attached in forum..only keeping the macros folder structure to make it easy to convert the extensions once we start using alain's extension manager

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 06, 2009 08:09PM

@ disrupted:
Remember ever you use the clipboard you must restore his old value.

Is very annoying to users lost his clipboard datas.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: September 06, 2009 08:37PM

why?they can copy again tongue sticking out smiley
ok..i'll do that in the future

(hate you desga)

Posted by: panzer
Date: August 12, 2011 08:35AM

Is there any way for a making a macro that will higlight all capital letters on the page (not just at the beggining of the sentence, but at names, surnames, names of the books, movies, etc.)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2011 08:35AM by panzer.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.