General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
can kmeleon remember zoom settings?
Posted by: sallam
Date: September 07, 2009 10:12AM

everytime I visit websites with small font, I have to zoom in to be able to read. Is there any setting in kmeleon to remember zoom settings?

I tried to set a minimum font size, but some websites are not affected by that, and still tiny text is showing everytime. I hope there is a way to remember zoom settings. I stopped using google chrome for that same problem.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can kmeleon remember zoom settings?
Posted by: jsnj
Date: September 08, 2009 05:58AM

I tried to set a minimum font size, but some websites are not affected by that, and still tiny text is showing everytime. I hope there is a way to remember zoom settings. I stopped using google chrome for that same problem.

Can you give an example website that's not effected by the min font setting?

Posted by: sallam
Date: September 08, 2009 08:32AM
Posted by: luctur
Date: September 15, 2009 03:09PM

sallam
I hope there is a way to remember zoom settings. I stopped using google chrome for that same problem.

I'm interested in a similar thing: a way to set a default for page zoom rather than text zoom.

Any hint?

Btw, Google Chrome i really terrible with its tiny fonts on very large displays.

Posted by: luctur
Date: September 15, 2009 03:15PM

luctur
sallam
I hope there is a way to remember zoom settings. I stopped using google chrome for that same problem.

I'm interested in a similar thing: a way to set a default for page zoom rather than text zoom.

Read: a default percentage for page zoom (let's say 120%)

Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 15, 2009 06:51PM

Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 15, 2009 07:29PM

sallam

innuendoing that you will stop using the browser because of a "problem" is not appreciated. in most cases it's the user's fault in understanding how to change settings or even if there is a bug; a friendlier tone when requesting help goes a long way.

unlike chrome or firefox, kmeleon isn't making any profits from the users(ad revenues/tracking) so whether a user chooses kmeleon or not is no loss to the developers and all help given in the forum is out of the good nature of the community and for no gain whatsoever. if you choose "threats" when demanding assistance; then you are much better off using another browser.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 15, 2009 08:19PM

disrupted
kmeleon isn't making any profits from the users(ad revenues/tracking) so whether a user chooses kmeleon or not is no loss to the developers and all help given in the forum is out of the good nature of the community and for no gain whatsoever. if you choose "threats" when demanding assistance; then you are much better off using another browser.

I much agree - we possibly pamper users.

Posted by: reea
Date: August 31, 2011 10:16PM

disrupted
sallam

innuendoing that you will stop using the browser because of a "problem" is not appreciated. in most cases it's the user's fault in understanding how to change settings or even if there is a bug; a friendlier tone when requesting help goes a long way.

unlike chrome or firefox, kmeleon isn't making any profits from the users(ad revenues/tracking) so whether a user chooses kmeleon or not is no loss to the developers and all help given in the forum is out of the good nature of the community and for no gain whatsoever. if you choose "threats" when demanding assistance; then you are much better off using another browser.

Just give the dude a hand; don't criticize his tone of text.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 01, 2011 01:16AM

KM will be able to remember text zoom settings for selected sites soon. How soon depends on how much time I get to play with my idea. Two or three days maybe. It will require testing which takes time and I have places to go for family tomorrow. Be patient.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 01, 2011 03:57AM

Uh, James, take it slowly with that one... Consider the date (a few days sure don't matter after years), the already given solutions, the suspicious one-fits-all sentence of the last reply (which managed to find a fitting quote, yet missed that there WERE already given some hands).... that the requestor never bothered to read the very detailed answers or drop a word about them... and I guess there were already a bunch of zoom postings in the past with lots of solutions (although I can't remember for sure without doing a forum search) ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2011 04:18AM by siria.

Date: September 01, 2011 11:22AM

@ siria

Thanks for point that out. I guess I will have to start doing date compares all the time.

I am not going to rush to finish before vacation next week.

Date: October 02, 2011 12:47AM

@ siria

Well, I got bored so I finished AutoZoom.kmm. I don't know if anyone will need it, but here goes.

AutoZoom will appear under the VIEW menu. With it a user may register the current URL Bar address and the current text zoom level. When the user again loads the same address, AutoZoom will zoom the text to the registered level.

I used $URLBAR instead of $URL to make it possible to un-register sites without loading them. The user may copy a URL from the display, a file of type ini, to the URLBAR and use VIEW - AUTOZOOM - DELETE to remove the URL from the list.

It is a resource hog. A lot of code must run at every OnLoad event.

You can get the macro at:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/AutoZoom.7z

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.