Links Tool Bar Control
Posted by: pat mcgroin
Date: September 12, 2009 02:43PM

I must be missing some thing here.
At the top of the window I see a links toolbar and I cant figure out how to place the links that I want in it.
It curruntly shows my favorites Folders in alphebetical order, but I would like particular web sites instead and I cant seem to figure out how.

Re: Links Tool Bar Control
Posted by: siria
Date: September 12, 2009 05:08PM

Hmm, not sure, but I'd try with F2 / IE-Favorites / Favorites Bar...

Date: September 12, 2009 05:40PM

That is what I have. I just cant get it to display what I want it to .

Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 12, 2009 06:49PM

the favourites bar by default uses the 'links' subfolder; to change it to display another folder, open your kmeleon preferences and go to kmeleon kplugins>favoriten

select favorites bar tab and for toolbar folder click the browse button

select the folder which has the favourites you'd like to display in the bar( remeber that folder must be a subfolder of your default favorites folder or in case of a custom folder for favorites, it has to be a sub folder of that

additionally, you can also give the bar a different title
restart kmeleon

Date: September 12, 2009 10:15PM

hey disrupted,
First I would like to say great work/effort for all of the coding that I see that you have been doing.

My trouble isnt with selecting folders, they are there. I want different ones. Actually I want individual web sites.

I have to run and cant finish this.
I need to know how to post a screen shot and cant remember.
Ill post back as soon as I can

EDIT:
Ok sorry I have elderly parents.
As stated above I cant add a screenshot and I think it could help.
I guess I have 2 questions now.

The folder being used is correct. How do I pick an individual entry from within that folder and then another entry from a different folder?

How can I post a screenshot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 11:55PM by pat mcgroin.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 13, 2009 01:01AM

@ Pat

The favorites bar will only show favorites from one folder. You must move or copy all the favorites you wish to be in the bar to a single folder. You can use FAVORITES - EDIT to do this.

Date: September 13, 2009 01:22AM

Ok that makes sense and isnt a problem.
I just thought I may be missing a setting.
Ill give it a try and see how it goes.
I wondered if that may be the case when I read disrupted's response, but I guess I didnt put the 2 together.
Thanks

Date: September 13, 2009 01:56AM

Ok now I feel stupid and must apoligize.
I read what you both posted and decided somehow that it said something different.

I think I missed a couple of key phrases like
"
select the folder which has the favourites you'd like to display in the bar( remeber that folder must be a subfolder of your default favorites folder or in case of a custom folder for favorites, it has to be a sub folder of that "

Im fairly saavy and I dont know why this was so difficult for me.

I will say maybe there could be an easier way like D&Drop into that area in a future version. Even it could only have up to 10 entries or something that may make coding it easier and smaller.

Any way thanks again and sorry for taking time on something that should have been easy for me.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.