General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Awesome
Posted by: Anubis
Date: August 22, 2000 04:09PM

Excellent browser, easily replaces Nutscrape 6 for development testing on my home machine. For a ßeta web browser this is incredible, however before I can replace MSIE it would require some sort of HTTP authentication handling routines (sub directories protected by Apache's .htaccess for example).

Now if only the gecko engine would support BGCOLOR in the TABLE tag, life would be that much easier.

Even uses the free Nullsoft installer. Nice.

— Anubis

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Awesome
Posted by: dupree
Date: August 22, 2000 05:03PM

It's great! Wow!

Seems to support the TD color tag just fine... Which site is rendering incorrectly for you?

Posted by: northyen.dk
Date: August 22, 2000 05:41PM

It's really awesome - but this input box here got problems, I suppose it's Mozilla (it centers what I write in 'real time').

Anyway, some weeks ago I had a wish, why can't I just get the gecko engine with the IE interface - simpel and clean, no feature bloat etc.

Thank you a bunch - [Developer's name goes here].

PS. The next great thing about to happen in this program is being able to change the font settings winking smiley

Posted by: anubis
Date: August 22, 2000 06:20PM

Wow, now the input is centering. Didn't do that before... unless someone's changed the CSS for the site (yuck).

Not TD BGCOLOR, I mean the 4.01 standard of TABLE BGCOLOR (so all the CELLSPACING can have a background color too!).

? Anubis

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.