General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Great!!! (and suggestions...)
Posted by: J Pruitt
Date: August 24, 2000 11:30PM

This thing rocks! Really, really rocks! I have but a couple of smallish issues:

a) Those IE clone buttons have got to go! Let's get something unique. Hell, at least rip off netscape / opera buttons, or use Tigert gnomish icons... (If no one else will, I'll draw the damn navigation icons - anything but IE's, please!).

b) IE bookmarking system... - WTF? Some of us don't run IE. ::gasp:: Yes, we do exist.

Other than that, though, I really love K-Meleon. A truly great non-bloated Mozilla browser for Winders. Fantastic 0.01 version! Thank you, and keep it up!!! smiling smiley

-Josh

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Great!!! (and suggestions...)
Posted by: Lance Hall
Date: August 28, 2000 02:06AM

i wish netscape wouldn't focus so much on releasing navigator, composer, and netscape mail all in one package (communicator). THey should focus on the navigator part, because people already have their email clients picked out, mine is outlook2k, some use eudora and others whatever. Netscape should focus 300% on their navigator because thats what is lagging behind. Email clients arent hard to make and there are plenty out there to choose from. I used to like the mozilla project before it go so over stuff with so much crap that no one even needs, and the NS6PR 2 release isn't exactly pleasing either, i mean with AOL having their hands in everything they have totally ruined it. So here is my theory and you can accept it or not. Kmeleon will become the browser of choice for netscape users, and more people will use kmeleon than netscape 6 or mozilla. Netscape has to many AOL integrations that no one likes. So if kmeleon is marketed to the masses it will beat out netscape 6 without a doubt. And im sure many will aggree with me.

Lance Hall, webmaster@pyzr.com

Posted by: Lance Hall
Date: August 28, 2000 02:09AM

i wish netscape wouldn't focus so much on releasing navigator, composer, and netscape mail all in one package (communicator). THey should focus on the navigator part, because people already have their email clients picked out, mine is outlook2k, some use eudora and others whatever. Netscape should focus 300% on their navigator because thats what is lagging behind. Email clients arent hard to make and there are plenty out there to choose from. I used to like the mozilla project before it go so over stuff with so much crap that no one even needs, and the NS6PR 2 release isn't exactly pleasing either, i mean with AOL having their hands in everything they have totally ruined it. So here is my theory and you can accept it or not. Kmeleon will become the browser of choice for netscape users, and more people will use kmeleon than netscape 6 or mozilla. Netscape has to many AOL integrations that no one likes. So if kmeleon is marketed to the masses it will beat out netscape 6 without a doubt. And im sure many will aggree with me.

Lance Hall, webmaster@pyzr.com

Posted by: Shadow
Date: September 02, 2000 08:15PM

Netscape is dead because they are focusing so much on the mail and composer. Give it up. I'm skeptical if they will even get a final NS6 version out.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.