General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Does anyone here have or use
Posted by: dana1971
Date: September 27, 2009 01:36PM

Does anyone here have and/or use MSN Hotmail, and if you do, when you sign in to check mail, do you have that built in what they call MSN Web Messenger load up within the page to the right beside Option??? If you do, does anyone know how to block this or stop it from loading without affecting the whole entire page like ad-block does. I need help..I tried blocking it with my firewall but it will only work using Internet Explorer. I don't use IE. If anyone needs to see what it looks like, I have no idea how to make a screan shot, but you can google msn web messenger. It runs on javascript, but I can't check to block javascript because when I do, the whole page won't load. I only want to block the messenger part of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone here have or use
Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 27, 2009 03:33PM

you have previously selected to 'auto login from that location(i.e. hotmail) either remove your cookies or signout

http://windowslivehelp.com/community/p/116267/447519.aspx

never use that option again:

while testing, i forgot that auto user agent was switched off but it seems windows live hotmail have finally made things right and fixed their sniffer, i was able to compose normally and not once did i get the 'browser not supported message'

accordingly the auto agent switcher's badlist have been updated and all hotmail/live servers listed have been removed
http://kmext.sf.net/macros/agentswitcherplus.7z
you can either download the updated agent switcher or simply go to tools>user agent>edit switchlist and remove hotmail/live occurrences

ofcourse.. not to disappoint us, ms websites must still have standard-compliant errors grinning smiley

Re: Does anyone here have or use
Date: September 27, 2009 05:27PM

Hi and thanks Disrupted. You have the right idea as to what I want to do, and that being,"For the Messenger Icon Not To Show Up At All" when I log in. As you said in your posting, you can either download the updated agent switcher or simply go to tools>user agent>edit switchlist
I have no Edit Switchlist option under tools>user agent

Re: How to hide MSN Messenger on Hotmail site?
Posted by: siria
Date: September 27, 2009 08:16PM

That user-agent-thing wasn't meant to solve your problem, Dana. He wrote it explicitely, "not related to your problem". It was just a lucky find that reduces another prob for other people ;-)

Did you log out as he explained above? BTW, how did you disable it in your firewall? I have no clue about those things, but did it happen to involve blocking some address or something...?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 08:22PM by siria.

Date: September 28, 2009 03:35PM

I didn't disable it in my firewall, I was wondering how, or if I could.
Yes I did log out like he said, but that's not what I'm trying to do...what I want to do is "Block" the entire messenger icon completley.

Date: September 28, 2009 05:23PM

oh ok..sorry i misunderstood..well..you know the reason you're now getting that icon is because hotmail now fully supports kmeleon without changing useragent so they know it's a modern gecko and allow all the features that were previously exclusive to their so called supported browsers.. i guess you can never please everybody

anyway.. removing the web messenger icon or rather layer is very easy but you will have to do some fiddling yourself..

first in kmeleon click on edit menu>configuration> and select 'user-defined stylesheet"

this is like a text file which should open in your notepad.. once it opens..add this line inside it:
live">*[id^="WebIMMenu"] { display: none !important; }

so the file should appear like that:

save the file and restart kmeleon.. this should take care of it

Date: September 28, 2009 05:59PM

Disrupted, You are a Genis...........The Best!!!

It worked!!!

Thank you so so so much.

Date: September 28, 2009 06:12PM

Just thought of something else I've been meaning to ask, and if anyone would know, Disrupted I know you would.
How/Where can I get different skins for KM, and have you or anyone else seen on in a camouflage kinda skin?? I love hunting, so I like camouflage.
Oh, and also....is adding new skins hard? is there a lot to it?

Thanks

Date: September 28, 2009 10:44PM

skins for kmeleon can be found there
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KMeleonThemesWiki
and there:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/K-MeleonThemes15

to install a skin simply extract the downloaded skin in k-meleon\skins folder
to select a new skin, open k-meleon preferences(edit>preferences), in prefs, under gui appearance, you will find an entry called skins, select the drop down menu to select the skin of choice and restart kmeleon

its very easy to change the skins background, just go to the skin folder that you like
e.g k-meleon\skins\phoenity
in that skin folder you will find a bitmanp image(back.bmp).. find any background you like on the internet..convert it to bitmap(there's a k-meleon image converter extension at kmext.sf.net) and save it to that skin folder as 'back'.. restart kmeleon to view your newly created background

for e.g. i found this camouflage bg on google images and using lofi yellow skin, i made it background

if the above appeals to you, you can download it from this link
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/skins/loficamo.zip

Date: September 28, 2009 11:08PM

Thanks a bunch....and BTW, I like the one you made, so I got it too.
Thanks again.

Date: September 29, 2009 12:28AM

One more thing.....where do I extract that image converter extension too?
I have it downloaded, but not sure where to extract it to, and it has 2 folders in it.
1) is macros
2) tools

Date: September 29, 2009 12:43AM

ok I have the image converter install, and I found an image, and converted it, but when I tried to save it to location as you said, it said I could not name it "Back" because there is already one there called Back.bmp, so I deleted the one that was in it, and it took mine, then I closed KM, but when I opened it back up, nothing was different..

Date: September 29, 2009 01:14AM

Hey i was looking thru all those macros, and I REALLY like the weather one, but I can't find one for the United States. There all for like the UK

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.