Strange tab button behaviour.
Posted by: Daveski17
Date: October 18, 2009 06:20PM

I have been using K-Meleon for about 3 days now & I am just getting used to the tabs which are a little different to what I am used to. I have noticed that the button on the extreme left of the tab bar changes sometimes. Normally I just clicked on it to get a drop-down list of what tabs I had. Sometimes this changes to buttons often with favicons on them. Sometimes if I make a new tab it does this & sometimes not. I assume that this is perfectly normal behaviour & in fact it is a good idea. It's just that it took me a little by surprise! Does anyone have any more information on this activity?

:s

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2009 06:20PM by Daveski17.

Re: Strange tab button behaviour.
Posted by: desga2
Date: October 18, 2009 07:30PM

What K-Meleon version and what Windows version?

Can you post a screen capture? I don't know what button you are talking.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: October 18, 2009 08:34PM

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium & K-Meleon 1.5.3. with Phoenity (large) skin with the Vista native blue background.

It is the very first button on the left side of the tab/personal bookmark toolbar right underneath the 'go back' arrow which is directly underneath the 'File' button on the menu bar.

The button to the right of it is a blue arrow (pointing downwards) & is a drop-down for bookmarks.

The 'tab' button used to just give me a drop-down & tell me how many tabs were being used. Now it seems to have evolved somewhat. Now it has a button with the favicon of whatever was the first page I am on.

When I open a new tab another button appears next to it & I can switch between tabs with them. If I have more tabs the second tab button becomes a drop-down button.

In fact, it all works rather well. I just have not seen it until now. I downloaded K-Meleon on Friday.

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 18, 2009 11:20PM

Make sure the toolbars are unlocked ...View - Toolbars......then drag the bookmark toolbar away from the tab bar. Sounds like you have one bar covering the other.

Date: October 19, 2009 12:29AM

OK, thanks for the reply.

I have experimented a bit & you were right. I have set it up as I like now & locked the bars.

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 12:44AM by Daveski17.

Posted by: sivajitv
Date: October 27, 2009 04:51AM

Now you have windows 7.. try that..

sivajitv

Date: October 30, 2009 01:04PM

I am not going to upgrade to Win 7. It will cost me about £70 & is not a particularly easy upgrade. A lot of the programs I run on Vista probably won't run in 7. I doubt whether K-Meleon will. Anyway, it is wise to wait a year or so before using anything Microsoft that is new. I'm one of the few people in the world who actually prefers Vista to XP LOL! :O

When I first downloaded KM last year (1.5.1) it wouldn't work properly in Vista, now it works really well & is lightning fast. I would rather stay with Vista & K-Meleon for a while.

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.