General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Copying My Profile and Settings
Posted by: markxxx
Date: November 13, 2009 05:34AM

I just bought a new laptop computer. Right now I have K-Meleon on my desktop. I installed K-Meleon on the laptop.

Is there anyway I can just copy a file or settings from the desktop over to the laptop? It would be a bit easier (OK I'm just lazysmiling smiley) than going through the settings and manually choosing.

I don't see an INI file so I'm not sure if it's done through the registry. I don't like to mess with that at all.

Just if there's a quick way to do it.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Copying My Profile and Settings
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 13, 2009 08:26AM

Copy your Profiles folder.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 13, 2009 09:08AM

markxxx
Is there anyway I can just copy a file or settings from the desktop over to the laptop?

It would be a bit easier (OK I'm just lazysmiling smiley) than going through the settings and manually choosing.

Just if there's a quick way to do it.

1.) copy %apdata%/k-Meleon/Profiles to the equivalent location on the new PC.
Else copy ./Program Files/K-Meleon/Profiles/ & profile.ini...
K-Meleon Profiles with default settings are fully portable.
But there are two default location depending on what You chose during setup.

2.) So am I. grinning smiley

Find out what setup and locations You have. Compare with 1.) and do it.
I need to know setup details to answer more precise.

3.) Yes, like dega2 says.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2009 09:08AM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: November 13, 2009 01:06PM

If one is the only user of a computer, the easiest way is to keep the profiles inside the KM program folder, instead of in appdata, then it's possible to just copy/paste the whole folder to another computer and you're done smiling smiley

The difference is that a profile (with private bookmarks, history etc.) in appdata can usually only be seen by the owner of that folder, while a profile inside the program folder can be seen and used by other users too, depending on where the program is stored. E.g. if it's stored in the personal files folder the whole thing (program+profile) would be private too, because permissions are inherited from "above". If I got that right.. smiling smiley

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 13, 2009 01:52PM

K-Meleon Synchroniser

K-Meleon synchroniser enables synchronising between different installations of K-Meleon on networked computers or on portable devices. as well as synchronising your macros, skins and K-Meleon files; it will also update your profile settings to the target install.
menu entry: tools>km synchroniser
extra notes: can also be launched directly without the need of the macro.
versions supported: 1.1.x - 1.5.x
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/ext7.htm

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.