General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Plugins Directory
Posted by: jsnj
Date: June 06, 2003 08:18PM

Is it possible to specify the plugins directory? Not the kplugins directory. Searched forums and didn't see any info on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plugins Directory
Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: June 07, 2003 04:57PM

It's pretty up-front in the prefs, actually -- just click Edit - Preferences - General...
Hardest to find things are usually under the nose grinning smiley

Date: June 07, 2003 07:16PM

Nope. Thats the kplugins directory. That's why I made sure to mention that in my post. I'm lookin to specify a path for the plugins directory where java, realplayer, quicktime, acrobat etc.. plugins are installed.

Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: June 07, 2003 09:28PM

jsnj,

To my knowledge the subdirectory plugins is always used and isn't configurable, that's been a Netscape/Mozilla standard since at least Netscape 4.x. The Gecko code will also look for the common Acrobat Reader and Quicktime plugins in their install directories and can also scan the Netscape 4.x plugins directory. There are prefs to disable these lookups, look in defaults\pref\all.js. Why would you want to use a different subdirectory anyway ?

Date: June 07, 2003 10:15PM

I have MonkeeSage's builds as well as the SP1 build on my PC. They all have diff settings so I can't give them all one general settings directory which KM allows. But they all use the same plugins so there's no need to have four different plugins folders. Just wanted to save space instead of having to copy all the plugins each time. It's not something that is necessary. I just wondered if it was possible since sometimes there are other Mozilla prefs that I don't always know about.

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: June 07, 2003 11:03PM

I haven't tried this with K-M, but awhile ago when I found the page I tried it with Mozilla, and it seemed to work. Mabye it will work in K-M as well...

http://www.gemal.dk/mozilla/plugins.html

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: June 08, 2003 12:49AM

Works like a charm, thanks. :-)

Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: June 08, 2003 12:54AM

Here's some more info - http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/notes.html

Strange they used the environment variable MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH instead of a pref, that's not very consistent.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.