General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Skydrive issue
Posted by: slayer
Date: November 28, 2009 12:51AM

Hi people, I have a problem trying to access the SkyDrive site, it throws me this error message:

Error de lectura XML: mal formado Dirección: http://skydrive.live.com/ Número de línea 39, columna 184: <div id="m_wh"><script type="text/javascript">/* Copyright (C) 2009 Microsoft Corporation */function $c_TreatTile(a,e){a.style.display=e;var d=a.width,c=a.height,b=19;if(d>=c||c<b)a.height=b;if(d<c||d<b)a.width=b}</script>
If I switch to the FF useragent it works right.

My config:
K-Meleon 1.5.3 without the gecko update. (I re-installed KM yesterday)
The Polices Manager extension installed.
Win98SE.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Skydrive issue
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 28, 2009 05:35AM

slayer
error message:

Error de lectura XML: mal formado Dirección: http://skydrive.live.com/ Número de línea 39, columna 184: <div id="m_wh"><script type="text/javascript">/* Copyright (C) 2009 Microsoft Corporation */function $c_TreatTile(a,e){a.style.display=e;var d=a.width,c=a.height,b=19;if(d>=c||c<b)a.height=b;if(d<c||d<b)a.width=b}</script>

If I switch to the FF useragent it works right.

1.) IMHO MSIE specific code. The reason why i think this is BOLD,

Means K-Meleon is recognized as MSIE or IE-shell. Browsers using MS Trident HTML and JSript engine are fed an alternative page that contains a non standard ECMA dialect with some different functions that are MSIE specific. K-Meleon's Java Script interpreter stops after error. You found the reason as error message in console.

2.) They know Firefox. Firefox speaks the same Java/ECMA Script language as K-Meleon. Means: Their browser switch guides Your K-Meleon to the same code as a real Firefox.

BTW. The page's designers should use browser engine sniffing. Here You can find an entry point to more info about faulty browser switch, engine versus browser sniffing & related problems.

p.s. Can You forgive them? The Script is merely about 9 Years behind time. grinning smiley

K-Meleon's ancestor, an MFC example shipped e.g. with VC 6. & it was a MS's embedding example for an IE shell. It was later used by Mozilla.org for a test browser for the GRE called MFCembed.exe. Picture. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 07:09AM by guenter.

Attachments: mfcembed.gif (5.4 KB)  
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 28, 2009 12:43PM

It's very strange, I can access to SkyDrive site with KM 1.5.0 and Firefox 2 UA but in Firefox 2.0.0.22pre XML error is showed.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 12:46PM by desga2.

Posted by: slayer
Date: November 30, 2009 10:26PM

So are you both getting the same error? The SeaMonkey_1.1 user-agent does the same.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.