General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is it possible to make new Favorite folders WITHOUT having to restart K-Meleon?
Posted by: slayer
Date: January 02, 2010 02:38AM

Thanks siria, I have the list! I'm looking at it right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it possible to make new Favorite folders WITHOUT having to restart K-Meleon?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 02, 2010 02:54AM

siria
I must use the international version, although I'm on win98 and intentionally don't use special characters or blanks in folder- and file names, well, usually, but may well be that the one or other favorites title with pre-set special characters escapes me ;-)
Anyhow, the international version works fine, although the error console gives 5 errors in line 41 of the js-file. But when using the ascii-version, which does NOT produce any errors in the console, the js-file messes completely, errors in scripting host, favorites are not saved, and if I try it a couple times the whole machine freezes.

My error I think. I believe the js file requires some WSH functions that are only available in version 2. Likely Win 98 has only version 1. I did not remember to check this until reading your post. I have updated the code in the MacroLibrary to reflect this. I have also added a location switcher macro to the other thread. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,81881,page=2

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 02, 2010 04:09PM

slayer
desga, can you please tell me where to find a list of those id() commands, and how to use them, thanks a lot and happy new year!

ID's Official wiki Documentation.

@ siria:
Then this is a link with focus (not selection). You can try with some other to quit the focus to the link.
What is really your problem to want quit this focus to the link?
You can hide it changin this preference in Edit -> Configuration - > Browser Configuration (about:config). Set his value to zero (0):
browser.display.focus_ring_width

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: siria
Date: January 02, 2010 05:12PM

My problem with that focus is that it puts that link into the favorites folder, as soon as you click "Reload" in the favorites menu :-/ Reload is supposed to only create an EMPTY dummy link, that is automatically deleted right afterwards. But that accidental "full" link can't be deleted by the macro. IMHO a bug, and not even a very rare one, since one opens quite often the context-menu of a link. It's already enough to just open a background tab for that link by a simple middle-click, and already that link is focused.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2010 05:17PM by siria.

Date: January 02, 2010 11:30PM

There is a problem $LinkURL is an only read Global variable, we can't modify it.
but you can try to do this in code after addlink:
$_reloadfile="";
$LinkURL==""?0:$_reloadfile=gsub(":", "", $LinkURL);
alert($_reloadfile, "DEBUG", INFO);
$LinkURL==""?0:$_reloadfile=gsub("/", "-", $_reloadfile);
alert($_reloadfile, "DEBUG", INFO);
$LinkURL==""?exec("cmd.exe /q /c del \"".$_favdir."\\.url\""):exec("cmd.exe /q /c del \"".$_favdir."\\".$_reloadfile.".url\"");
This delete the .url file but the URL link still in Favorites menu (as a ghost Favorite). Ghost Favorites are deleted when K-Meleon is restarted.

If you do a click in a free space of page, link focus is lost (blur) and Reload in Favorites work fine because $LinkURL is an empty string ("").

I tried this line:
injectJS("function removeFocusOnAllLinks(){for(var i=0 ; i < document.links.length ; i++) document.links.onfocus=blurLink;} function blurLink() {if (this.blur) this.blur();} removeFocusOnAllLinks();");
without positive results.

I'm trying to simulate this click in page (document.focus()) in JavaScript, without good results to now.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: January 03, 2010 12:44AM

Ah clever!! :cool: Took me quite awhile now just to understand it, LOL!
But I'd say it's perfect, no javascript needed (I'd rather avoid js).
Could one replace "://" with "--" in one line, or gives that syntax probs or something...?

Date: January 03, 2010 01:40PM

AddLink Favorites funtion use the URL of web page as .url file name by default.
For this you must replace some not allowed characters in file names.
The better solution is change character by character because the character can be in URL string several times. For example the website:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/
.url name saved in Favorites is:
http--kmeleon.sourceforge.net-.url

Note that ":" are deleted and "/" are replaced by "-" at begining and at the end of the URL string.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 01:40PM by desga2.

Date: January 04, 2010 11:16PM

Okay, I see smiling smiley Thanks again.
Won't get around to it immediately, but hope to finish it in a couple days...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.