General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Bad Request?
Posted by: Daveski17
Date: December 08, 2009 11:01PM

I just did a meta-search & one of the pages was white with the words Bad Request (I think) at the top of the page. Is this anything to worry about?

Oh, I get it it...it's a 400 page. It just looked unfamiliar & I am paranoid about malware! :O

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2009 11:30PM by Daveski17.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bad Request?
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 09, 2009 04:48AM

AFAIK it is when a page-server and a browser can not agree.

The mistake can be from browser error e.g. brocken or communication disturbed on route or server error.

Normally AFAIK nothing to worry. Unless You have the same problem constantly with different page-servers You would do nothing.

So Your one page among many means probably there was one badly configured server or one corrupted communication attempt among many that were ok.

Some ppl naturally try to make You worry to advertize their services.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 04:49AM by guenter.

Date: December 09, 2009 07:13AM

OK, thanks. It just looked odd at the time, then I realised it was a 400 page. I very rarely ever see one. SRWare Iron has a funny looking broken 404 page. I reckon they will iron the bugs out of it eventually (no pun intended). grinning smiley

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Posted by: Snake
Date: December 14, 2009 12:20AM

It's a Server page error

Introduction

The Web server (running the Web site) thinks that the data stream sent by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) was 'malformed' i.e. did not respect the HTTP protocol completely. So the Web server was unable to understand the request and process it.

400 errors in the HTTP cycle

Any client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) goes through the following cycle:

* Obtain an IP address from the IP name of the site (the site URL without the leading 'http://'winking smiley. This lookup (conversion of IP name to IP address) is provided by domain name servers (DNSs).
* Open an IP socket connection to that IP address.
* Write an HTTP data stream through that socket.
* Receive an HTTP data stream back from the Web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Parse this data stream for status codes and other useful information.

This error occurs in the final step above when the client receives an HTTP status code it recognises as '400'.

Cheers,

Snake
Warez

Date: December 18, 2009 09:47AM

OK, thanks for the info.

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.