how to Make k-meleon whoely Portable?
Posted by: simon
Date: December 22, 2009 04:06AM

I think K-meleon put much personal data and settings ; cookies in windows C partion which will cause much privacy issuse.

since K-Meleon is a so nice web browser , i'm just looking for a solution which can make it run entirely including "personal settings, cookies bookmarks," all should been moved in relative dir.

Plz Help me out! its so Important and security thing for me! Thank You!

Re: how to Make k-meleon wholly portable?
Posted by: siria
Date: December 22, 2009 04:24AM

Hmmm.... but it should work that way, if you chosse "single-user" at installation....Sure works for me (on win98)!

Same, if you just download and unzip it, then create an empty file "profile.ini" in the KM-folder before starting it the first time There was just the rather harmless issue that an empty folder "kmeleon" is created somewhere on c; .....

But may well be, that Vista or win7 have their own mind again here??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 04:29AM by siria.

Re: how to Make k-meleon wholly portable?
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 22, 2009 05:16AM

Like siria says un-select multi user support on install or create a profile.ini later.

That makes that Profiles are in K-Meleon install directory.
And install directory can chosen to be e.g. on Your USB.
That setup can be also copied to USB and back to hdd again.

In a nutshell: K-Meleon profiles are relative to their install = self contained by default and can be moved easily. How to move and recover profile data after install or error is a FAQ - that knowledge is also used for portable profiles. Feel free to read a little in forum. Or describe if You find a problem.

p.s. All systems can be used only vista and win 7 can be tricky (IMHO they still are buggy grinning smiley )

On NT based systems: Win2000, xp, vista windows 7 You have to grant extra writing rights to K-Meleon if install as single user on HDD while You are not Admin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 05:17AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.