Graphics :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon icons, skins and throbbers. 
Missing Icons
Posted by: PerryHotter
Date: September 03, 2015 10:51AM

I am using Phönity large from an old version. I am missing the tab move icons (previous/next/new/close) .So I copied in the picture from the default skin (tabbar.png) but the icons are not shown. What can I do ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Missing Icons
Posted by: siria
Date: September 03, 2015 06:27PM

Found that skin in my old KM1.5 version, and not quite sure if tampered with it, but probably not with this one.

Anyway, when I look at its toolbars.cfg, you should see at least the new/close buttons. Perhaps the toolbar is switched off? Check in View>Toolbars if "Tab/Window Buttons" has a checkmark?

Then unhide the next/previous buttons.
click Edit>Configuration>Toolbars
That simply opens the file "toolbars.cfg" inside the "Phoenity(Large)" folder.
This file contains the button definitions.
Search for "tab_next" and you will find the two buttons, which are HIDDEN with comment # signs. Remove those and save.
Restart KM...

There's no need to copy over any images, especially not from other skins. The images for this toolbar in THIS skin are called "layerwindowhot/cold.bmp".
(PS: Of course, if you like other images better, you can always use those instead. In that case just make sure the image name in toolbars.cfg matches the name of the image, and also the height must be given if it's not default 16px. To use 24px buttons, insert (24,24) after the toolbar name, just compare how the other toolbars in the same file have it. Phoenity-Large seems to have no enlarged pics for tab-icons, it uses mixed sizes, probably not very pretty)

Some little known basics about KM skins, the traditional version:
Phoenity is a modular family-skin, that means the "Phoenity(Large)" folder contains only those parts that are different from the rest of the family. So if e.g. an image is missing in the "large" folder, KM simply uses the one in the family's default folder (just "Phoenity").

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2015 06:42PM by siria.

Date: September 03, 2015 06:34PM

PS: since this skin is rather old, you also may have to update 2-3 button commands to work with KM75.
Basically: if you find a button doesn't work right with another skin, look inside your current browsers default skin toolbars.cfg and copy over the modified command lines into the old skins toolbars.cfg

Longer theoretical version, but probably incomplete and a bit confusing:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?10,129652

Date: September 03, 2015 08:54PM

Thank You . Now I have the missing icons but they do not work like expected.:-(
In the default version it means "previous tab , next tab , new tab or close tab".You can switch bteween the tabs or close the open tab at this time. In the phönity version instaed of tab it means "window".You cannot switch between tabs and close means the whole program gets closed with all tabs. How can I change this ?

Date: September 03, 2015 09:24PM

Ouf... and sorry, after a look inside the 75-toolbars.cfg, you're right, the new system is still too confusing for me too! Need more practice :-/

Luckily there still comes the traditional Klassic skin with KM75 too - much easier as template, has same system as old user skins :cool:

But actually I did compare phoenity and Klassic now, and the button text is exactly identic in both! Only the button pics have switched numbers, one has 0+1, the other 1+0
That means the original phoenity buttons should work fine as is, except that the left-right direction is confused until you change those numbers.
To be sure this time, I did test Klassic skin in KM75 on my other machine, and this function (previous/next tab) works fine.
What's wrong...?

Date: September 03, 2015 09:35PM

Your description sounds like tabs were disabled, that's weird.
Or... could it be you downloaded a really ancient version of Phoenity, before tabs were introduced? While I have a newer version from KM1.5.4??
In that case you could copy over the button text from 75-Klassic, exactly as is, except for changing the 0+1 numbers.

But if that skin version is really SO old, there are probably more such probs. It would be better to download KM1.5.4 from the download page and get the younger Phoenity folders from there.

Date: September 04, 2015 06:59AM

Thank You . Again You are right , it must be an old version. With Phönity Large from version 1.54 ( and all changes) it works right. When I put in the toolbar cfg from the classic version no icons were shown.The files had wrong names I guess. PS: Another old version of phönity is downloadable on this page.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.