Graphics :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon icons, skins and throbbers. 
Suggestion for new skinning system update
Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 11, 2015 11:17PM

Dorian,
when working on adblock-control button set I found that it would be very useful if KM will learn to handle ico-files which contain different-sized images.

For example: I've created icon set for adblock-controls by JamesD with ico-files containing 3 sizes of every icon (16, 24, 32).
When it's loaded info default skin with '0'-toolbarsize - KM loads right image from ico file (16x16). But when I set toolbar size to 24 or 32 - it just stretches small icon to fit the KM pref value. Not good.

Moreover, if KM will handle multisize ico-files - then we won't need multiple files like 'mainbar.png' and 'mainbar16.png' (they will be replaced by one ico-file).

And more - skin.cfg files will get less complex then. For now it drives me crazy to just understand it's syntax - not even trying to change something :O

Is it possible to do such a change in toolbar k-plugin?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2015 11:17PM by rodocop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Suggestion for new skinning system update
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 09, 2016 04:32PM

rodocop
For example: I've created icon set for adblock-controls by JamesD with ico-files containing 3 sizes of every icon (16, 24, 32).
When it's loaded info default skin with '0'-toolbarsize - KM loads right image from ico file (16x16). But when I set toolbar size to 24 or 32 - it just stretches small icon to fit the KM pref value. Not good.

Moreover, if KM will handle multisize ico-files - then we won't need multiple files like 'mainbar.png' and 'mainbar16.png' (they will be replaced by one ico-file).

The best solution that I have found is to use a 32x32 png file. That has compression and KM will resize down to 16, 24, or another size. Making all the images for one macro fit onto one panorama png also saves a lot of disk space. Attached is my image for the latest adblock control.

Attachments: Basic_Adblock.png (4.9 KB)  
Re: Suggestion for new skinning system update
Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 10, 2016 09:53AM

I've tried this way and found KM-resampling to be inaccurate so I've prepared ico-file with multiple sizes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 09:54AM by rodocop.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.