Graphics :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon icons, skins and throbbers. 
Customizing KM - share things you think that might be useful to others
Posted by: Yogi
Date: February 17, 2015 02:28PM

This thread won't be of help for veteran Kameleonistas who already know all the tricks but maybe for starters or second hand starters like me. smiling smiley
After more than two years of abstinence (without KM) I'm trying to rediscover the wheel. smiling smiley
It's about some settings I had before but have forgotten since.

One of the unique features of KM is its PivacyBar. Fast access and visual control over some settings.
I've shortened my PrivBar by using only image buttons (without text). Mine are 16x16px buttons for the Klassic skin. Items that I don't use (e.g. I have no Java installed, I never turn off images) are commented out in "toolbars.cfg".
There are buttons which don't indicate a state but are merely to perform a task, like the "Clear" buttons. All these tasks can be accessed through a right-click on an already existing button. So I've skipped those buttons too. I've made for the Cookies-button this minor change instead in "toolbars.cfg":
	Cookies{
	macros(pref_ToggleCookies)|&Privacy
	Block Cookies. Right-click for more options.
	privbar_red.bmp[0]
	privbar_green.bmp[0]
	}

Edit: Forget about the crossed out part. It doesn't work as intended.

I'm posting this in the "Graphics" sub-forum but Tips & Tricks not related to the GUI are welcomed as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2015 01:02PM by Yogi.

Attachments: PB.png (39.8 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.