Graphics :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon icons, skins and throbbers. 
KT3
Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 06, 2009 03:58AM

Skin/Theme for K-Meleon v1.5 & Win2k and above

DOWNLOAD & INSTALL (Setup File)

KT3 is based on Tiggz's GT3 OS theme for WindowBlinds. It's made to work for darker themed desktops. For XP users, with the background disabled, it really blends well with the visual styles: Peppered Salty 3 (pictured below) and Concave Dark. All images referenced in toolbars.cfg are alpha-transparent so it should look good on most dark desktops.

*Available in two sizes: Large (pictured) and Small.

*Privacy Bar included with added Flash Block button.

*Privacy menu available via the Stop button's right-click.

*Clear Data menu available via the Privacy Bar's Clear buttons right-click.

*Compact Menu | Preferences Menu button included.

*Support for the addon/extensions: Restart Plus and Search+

*Main.ico can be used as K-Meleon's desktop and start menu shortcut icon (pictured above).

COMMENTS/QUESTIONS welcomed.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2009 04:01AM by jsnj.

Attachments: K-M(S)_KT3_1.0.0.zip (88.9 KB)   KT3+.jpg (178 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KT3
Date: October 06, 2009 04:00AM

Attachments: kt3type0.png (19.1 KB)  
Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 06, 2009 04:34PM

wow that's a really nice one..very futuristic, the whole desktop is very pretty.. but since you're using the mac icon, you should place the taskbar at the top like God intended it to be smiling smiley

Date: October 06, 2009 09:21PM

disrupted
wow that's a really nice one..very futuristic, the whole desktop is very pretty.. but since you're using the mac icon, you should place the taskbar at the top like God intended it to be smiling smiley

Yeah, GT3 has been around for a couple of years now but couldn't work with KM properly before alpha-transparency. It's a pretty unique design. I haven't seen any other skins\themes like it. I'm surprised there's never been an FF version. There is a Maxthon version.

Tried the taskbar on top. Abandoned it because of the taskbar autohide feature. It would constantly appear whenever I just wanted to minimize or close maximized windows.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 06, 2009 11:41PM

it could be copyright reasons.. firefox are "made" now they wouldn't endorse a skin without proper licensing..G-d forbid that ever happens to kmeleon grinning smiley but maybe someone has made one unofficially for firefox..possibly on deviantart

yeah.the autohide feature will be a real nuisance with the taskbar at top

Posted by: chinarobin
Date: October 09, 2009 01:01PM

i never expected it could be so cool and nice!

thanks!

Posted by: 888
Date: October 11, 2009 10:06PM

I'm not a fan of black/dark skins at all, but this skin really made me salivating grinning smiley

Posted by: Huxlay
Date: July 29, 2010 06:41AM

disrupted

Yeah...Its really nice way and i have same thinking. grinning smiley

Posted by: aidan
Date: August 04, 2010 06:05PM

ive download it and now wat its not there (im new to k meleon) wat do you do plz

Posted by: siria
Date: August 04, 2010 06:26PM

You unzip the skin into the folder K-Meleon/Skins, it must get an own folder. Name doesn't matter, unless a skin has variations like "Phoenity(Large)" or such. Then restart the browser and:

Edit > Preferences (F2) > GUI Appearance > Skin
You need to restart the browser again (and loader if used)

Oh it's also in the FAQ (click Help > FAQ):
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#skins

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 06:29PM by siria.

Date: August 05, 2010 04:03AM

aidan
ive download it and now wat its not there (im new to k meleon) wat do you do plz

When you click on the Download & Install link, you should be given an option to open or to save the file. Choose open. Your zip handler should automatically open the file where you'll see K-M(S)_KT3_1.0.0.exe. Double-click on that to install the skin in your main K-Meleon folder which the setup file should automatically detect. Then install as normal.

If you've already done that, then just choose the skin in Preferences(Edit - Preferences - GUI Appearance). Choose one of the KT3's in the drop-down list and restart the browser.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.