Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 44
Re: Internet Spirit Browser [Google Chrome & SRWare Iron] :O
Posted by: panzer
Date: January 23, 2009 05:35PM

Zac Browser 1.1.7 (For autistic children)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 23, 2009 05:39PM
Posted by: disrupted
Date: January 23, 2009 05:56PM

marvellous! those are all great finds panz.. especially zac. i also like polstergeist.. though at first i thought it might be another mike hardy creation..ghosts..spirits etc grinning smiley

Date: January 23, 2009 07:29PM

Disrupted, just let me know why are they good so maybe I and other will use them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 07:29PM by panzer.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: January 24, 2009 12:32AM

good grief..this will take a year :O i'll just rule out any ie shells

Date: January 24, 2009 01:00PM

most of them are shells.. you can easily tell from the description, size and snapshot.

interesting ones:
winsizer: helps test your page in different resolutions
xsite: web sucker.. extracts files according to extension(size not justified though @ 2mb for such a simple task.. i have a similar one which is about 300kb)

pointless:
pink browser: browser or any window already follow your windows theme..so if a girl likes pink, her win theme will be pink and so will the browser..maybe meant for people who don't know how to change themes?
adriane: shareware ie shell
optool: shortcuts menu for your browsers?! you can already do that in the context menu of html files, shortcuts or contextmenus of the browsers themselves

avoidable:
gecko based projects that are no longer maintained/abandoned can be a security risk
aerofox, beonex
anything that requires .net runtime

promising:
firefly.. based on gecko(i think) with vivid interface that should appeal to children(like chrome tongue sticking out smiley). i don't know if it's updated but their site is active and has good links for children(kids workshop)

3DMLW 3d browser.. good for testing certain things and render vs bandwidth etc but not really practical for real browsing.

skysurf: (the only one i've downloaded) voice active ie shell.. can be very useful for visually impaired, however it's not complete because it acts like a beta. it's an interesting concept already adopted by opera since version 9? but just like opera it's pointless if the browser cannot read out the pages.. so it's not really helpful to the visually-impaired but more to very lazy folks or those who like hearing their voice. the project is active so even though it's a shell.. it has the potential to offer something useful in the future. the funny part; you really have to be blind to live with that interface

Date: January 24, 2009 03:14PM

Do not worry. I have exhausted all my resources ... But i will paste some more if I find any ...

You did not understand me - I wanted to ask you why you like poltergeist and zac...

What about Mozilla 1.7.13? was this abandoded also? Or has just changed its name?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2009 03:28PM by panzer.

Date: January 24, 2009 03:33PM

Evernote

Evernote allows you to easily capture information in any environment using whatever device or platform you find most convenient, and makes this information accessible and searchable at any time, from anywhere.

Date: January 24, 2009 03:46PM

XULPlayer

Sorry Disrupted but I found some more sad smiley:

MYweb4net Browser

IE Light Surf

Surfie 1.0 (speech capability)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2009 04:10PM by panzer.

Date: January 24, 2009 06:05PM

Depeche Mode Depeche View loads all text files from a folder into memory, allowing instant search as you type.

Date: January 24, 2009 08:18PM

zac has a very good interface for children..there is no gui but themes like aqua(underwater), games home..all these themes are graphical with nicely illustrated characters and colourful backgrounds. you can not browse the web normally like other browsers(atleast i couldn't) but takes you to specific interactive sites. it's an ie shell but written specifically for children with special needs.. it does a perfect job.

poltergeist is not really a browser per se.. it's not really a feedreader, more like a feeds browser/editor, it extracts all possible rss feeds from websites with the ability to edit those feeds.

Date: January 27, 2009 01:24AM

i tried surfie because it was the only one that seemed worthwhile.. it was good, i liked the way it described everything when reading out pages(indicates when the page begins and ends).. it is an ieshell with a hideous interface but that doesn't seem all that important with speech-capable browsers. the problem is, it requires registration.. free online registration, otherwise it will popup a nag dialog everytime it starts and sez you have 14 days.. i don't know if it will cripple-out after the 14 days, i guess i could have launched it with an injected bogus date but i didn't care.. the problem is you can't register online because their site is dead www.voicegeek.com

kmeleon can be a semi-accessibility browser with nvda screenreader, the only thing it lacks is voice commands. i tried a while back to work on a ff extension called fire vox but could not port it to kmeleon.. maybe alain can
http://firevox.clcworld.net/

i also found 2 configs that appear to promise something when it comes to accessibility features:
accessibility.usetexttospeech
accessibility.usebrailledisplay

they are in about;config.. they seem redundant and have no effect, maybe someone can shed some light on how they work

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 27, 2009 10:13AM

Seems to be work in progress.

accessibility.usetexttospeech.

and:

accessibility.usebrailledisplay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2009 10:13AM by guenter.

Date: February 06, 2009 01:53PM

Guenter, just 4 U:

Dooble 0.05

Date: February 06, 2009 02:01PM
Date: February 06, 2009 05:08PM

Tazti surf the net by talking to your PC

Date: February 06, 2009 05:10PM

panzer
Guenter, just 4 U:

Dooble 0.05

1,) Thx.

2.) I know the project. Earlier versions installed things into autostart without asking for permission. Not the action I expected :O or likesad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2009 05:18PM by guenter.

Date: February 06, 2009 05:51PM

NKR Browser 153,6 kb
JiveQ Get instant information, answers and search results for the clicked on word whether you´re in a browser, email or other application such as Office or Acrobat. Instantly get a snapshot of an entire web page. Then print it, copy it, email it or save it.

INTSPEI P-Navigator 0.9

Lauge 2.23 special browser for eBay

URL Snooper 2.22.01

Wysigot Light 6.02 Wysigot is the browser that monitors any site or any file anywhere (web, ftp, LAN, local).

Libera Me!
A revolutionary toolbar that uses an AI-based algorithm (a registered patent) to power up and improve any of your Google or Yahoo Web searches by showing you only those results that are relevant for you according to the contexts/terms you select, and all of this in a matter of seconds.

Q-R Webbrowser Maker The Quick and Reliable Webbrowser Maker lets any one with no programming experience whatsoever make their own small webbrowser.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2009 06:17PM by panzer.

Date: February 07, 2009 01:23AM

i tried lauge which even though it's an ie shell..it intelligently incorporates xml pads to integrate with ebay..so it's much more than ie sehll..some serious programming time has been invested there. very smart...

no setup..download comes in 3 forms 7z, rar and zip..first-run it asks for configuration settings..ebay country, user id and once that's done..you're in ebay world. simple non intrusive interface with neatly organised panes to serve the purpose of browsing ebay and buying and selling... an online shopping arcade!

perfect browser for those who spend a lot of time on ebay.. i sent it to my sister, i think she will love it grinning smiley

Date: February 09, 2009 03:17PM

Qtweb 1.7 out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 03:19PM by panzer.

Date: February 09, 2009 03:18PM

Award winning AccelMan (file manager + media player) is now freeware. I have uploaded the software with universal key, which was posted in forum on their official page:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=95SVACDZ

Date: February 09, 2009 06:48PM
Date: February 10, 2009 10:42AM

all ieshells... so better avoid. one was shareware and another wants .net 3.5(stay clear)

one interesting concept is nausicaa. it seems to be a browser from yesteryears. the author must have been torn between ie and netscape.. or maybe when ie was becoming more standard. it's an ieshell with exact same oldschool netscape interface.. can be confusing because if you didn't know otherwise you'd think you're using netscape.

it's a keeper for old-times sake alone.

download link dead. download from sac:
http://sac-ftp.externet.hu/comm14.html

Date: February 10, 2009 10:47AM

or better from this link. just compressed without setup in case setup makes it default or modifies registry :
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-42751e68.html

Date: February 11, 2009 09:05AM

Lunascape 5 Genesis Beta

Acid3 100/100
latest Gecko ver. 1.9.2a1 included
Lunascape 5 beta is faster than Firefox or Google Chrome, and is fully 4x faster than Internet Explorer 8rc (tested February 2009).

Date: February 11, 2009 11:25AM

panzer
Lunascape 5 Genesis Beta

Acid3 100/100
latest Gecko ver. 1.9.2a1 included
Lunascape 5 beta is faster than Firefox or Google Chrome, and is fully 4x faster than Internet Explorer 8rc (tested February 2009).

Thx, I did not know they had updated.

Graphic comparison of the benchmarks of some of the fastest current & future browsing engines. http://www.lunascape.tv/img/200902benchmark.png.

Sunspider Test Page done with an old P III 500

Nice find this newly updated engine!

1.)Total: 10202.2ms +/- 3.6% Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/2008 Lunascape/4.9.9.100
2.)Total:  9783.2ms +/- 0.8% Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6 (file version 1.6.0.1)

The engine is getting faster and so is K-Meleon. 3 was done a while ago with an older GRE. 

3.)Total: 14742.2ms +/- 1.2% Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1pre) K-Meleon/1.6.a

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 06:55PM by guenter.

Date: February 12, 2009 03:18PM
Date: February 12, 2009 04:48PM

Here I prepared set of tools which will help you when you will have troubles with you comp (or to protect it or to ease your comp experience). But because some word is banned and i cannot find it out, which one is it, I have uploaded txt file instead.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UK8CZ625

And some more:

FARR
IYF
Everything
MP3 Gain
Gattach

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 05:52PM by panzer.

Date: February 12, 2009 05:58PM

Videowebgate
Balloon Browser The Balloon Browser recognizes and highlights geo-coordinates in web pages.
Cutemenus2 Easily change the way your context menus look
1-Click Answers Alt-Click on any word in any program on your screen for a pop-up window with a concise AnswerTip.
Talk 2 Websites To go to a Web site, click on the Web site name, or just say the name.
Bubbles Bubbles gives websites the look, feel and usability of desktop-applications.
Keepoint
Internet research software to save, organize and share WebPages(save and organize web research).
AmazeCopy Quickly and Easily Save text and images of web pages for offline use.
IRobot IRobot is the Internet-robot engine for Web automation and Web computing.
Pugnax Internet page watcher that informs you when the content of the page changes.
Squace A unique freeware browser for mobile phones.
Reframe it Reframe It lets you comment on any content on the web without the permission of the site owner.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 06:27PM by panzer.

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 44

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.