Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
Hey Guenter! (or anyone fluent in German & English)
Posted by: WinME
Date: November 02, 2010 04:44PM

This is a clip from a retailer I buy from:

LOOKING FOR A JOB???
We are currently on the lookout for a few trusted individuals fluent in Spanish, German, or Italian to help us author English DVD subtitles. Knowledge of subtitle software is a plus but not necessary. Payment is negotiable. If you or someone you know is interested please drop us a line at orders@modcinema.com for more information. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hey Guenter! (or anyone fluent in German & English)
Posted by: siria
Date: November 02, 2010 08:23PM

Hmm... one one hand a very cool site, and nice of you to post it here. First really liked it!
On the other hand, upon reading a bit closer, those american laws are just a crime themselves again:

The section of American copyright law known as "The Berne Act" clearly states: films unreleased in the United States, including original version of films altered and/or edited for release in the United States, are not protected by American copyright; thus, they are considered public domain.

Basically the same as saying, everything that's not owned by an American, does not belong anyone, and everyone can freely steal it! It's only foreigners, so who cares... Just like that google book thing, scanning and putting whole libraries openly in the internet, stealing the copyrights of the authors, who have no chance to do anything about it.
And then poor Americans keep complaining that all those evil foreigners who get nothing but good things and support and charity from them are so ungrateful and they must all be treated like probable enemies *rolleyes*

My apologies to any Americans present here, that's not meant personally, thank god not all support that kind of government ;-)

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 02, 2010 08:35PM

Today is election day in the U.S. Some sanity may be returned to our government. That is a hope, not an expectation. I am old. I have seen too many election days to put much faith into the hope for a sane government.

The polls close on the east coast in a few hours. We will see.

Posted by: spaceman
Date: November 03, 2010 06:20PM

WinME, you're supporting an illegal venture and the quote that got siria wound up is as wrong as wrong can be, it's an outright lie meant to serve their purposes, satisfying anyone gullible enough to take their word for it. A milligram of due diligence will bear this out.

They claim the site "functions as a conversion service for collectors of hard-to-find movies."

This is apparently truthful.
conversion:
12. Law. unauthorized assumption and exercise of rights of ownership over personal property belonging to another.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.