Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
sea of obscurity?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 16, 2013 11:02AM

I am not sure obscure is a good fit for KM. After all, it is my default browser. The following link is to a blog on Tech Republic.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-lesser-known-web-browsers-worth-trying/1851

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sea of obscurity?
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 17, 2013 09:37AM

JamesD
I am not sure obscure is a good fit for KM. After all, it is my default browser. The following link is to a blog on Tech Republic.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-lesser-known-web-browsers-worth-trying/1851

Guess someone should add the comment that You need to use an 16 KM beta or so to get most pages working.

p.s. K-Meleon stopped to be my default. :-(

I still use it a lot to research info because it still has the most sophisticated add search engine and search engine menus and open Tab/Window in Foreground / Background settings that I know of.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: May 22, 2013 05:14AM

it's harder and harder to keep KM as default browser. Web pages are consequently redesigned to the unsupported technologies.

Google maps (and russian rival Yandex too) are unusable now, many other popular sites become based on advanced html5 and css3 features...

But I'm going on with KM Twin (Chromium tab makes it possible to browse unsupported pages).
I'm thinking about KM bundle with portable Qupzilla as the latter has good support for modern techs but is more 'light' than ChromeFrame or ChromiumEmbedded...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2013 05:14AM by rodocop.

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: May 22, 2013 05:52AM

rodocop
I'm thinking about KM bundle with portable Qupzilla as the latter has good support for modern techs but is more 'light' than ChromeFrame or ChromiumEmbedded...

Sounds good. Thanks :drool:

soccerfan

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.