Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
Off topic in another Forum written in German info 4 siria
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 17, 2014 09:28PM

p.s. kmprefs sind von kko. Aber ich habe seit Freds 1. Update alle chromes aus Mozilla/SM Bauteilen zusammengestellt. Chrome 74 ist von Dorian. Der Hauptakteur in dem Thread, der hierher verweißt, meckerte mal & kann es zukünftig gern tun. Ich halte mich raus. Es war immer nur aus Not am Mann.

Du übersetzt ab jetzt? :drool:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 09:35PM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Off topic in another Forum written in German info 4 siria
Posted by: siria
Date: September 17, 2014 09:40PM

Er hat aber Recht, weil du immer so getan hast, also ob du nicht im Traum dran denkst, mal seinen Pfad zu testen tongue sticking out smiley

Und danke, aber ich bin mit Macros und Skins und javascriptkrampferei und csskrampferei noch auf Jahre hinaus ausgelastet - nene, Schuster bleib bei deinem Leisten, jeder das was er am besten kann smiling smiley

PS@James: we can always chat here, if it gets too offtopic elsewhere smiling smiley
No my doubts about the skin has nothing to do with button arrangement in general, rather wondering about bmp sizes in Aura and in which folder they are found, or not found where expected. And recently noticed that after unzipping and after 'installing' those folders even have different contents! Weird. But will have to finally get my other notebook running to see for myself, and also to see in real how UAs work now, with half a dozen possible macros for it - wow. Ah yes - and finally want to learn if my macros still run in KM74, e.g. if injectJS works, and if it returns a variable, or if that awful workaround with alert-boxes for a break is needed, or whatever. Only way too little time for everything!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2014 09:53PM by siria.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 17, 2014 11:30PM

@ siria

I started using the Klassic skin when I first used KM. I think we were on .7 or .8 back then. I did not like the dark background, so I made a copy and called it MyKlassic. I changed the background and added a couple of buttons. The first things that I do with a new KM include show the menu bar, change to MyKlassic, and swap Favorites for Bookmarks.

My memory is getting as old as I, but are you still using Win 98 with that kernel thing? Can you now run a KM 74?

I had thought to work on the wiki some, but I have a question. Is the wiki in English only or are versions for other languages?

I can write macros and I can include the _() for use with a kml file, but I only know English. What would be the best way to get translations? I have used Bing Translator in the past, but I never know if the translator system understands the context in which the phrase is to be used.

Date: September 18, 2014 12:22AM

smiling smiley Like you, I've also started with Klassic, then also changed background and added a few buttons, and it's to this day my only daily skin grinning smiley Then added yet more buttons and lots of descriptions in the toolbars.cfg and posted it here as classiria skin. Am planning to update it soon to KM74, by comparing the commands in the default skin. So far am still on the same old monitor, but suppose if the next gets bigger, then bigger buttons will be needed.

KM is now delivered with hidden menu bar too?? Sigh, what a stupid fashion nowadays. Oh well.

Yeah am still on win98, and all it can do is either unzip or "install" KM74, but no way to start it. Error at first click on exe. That's why I'll have to dig out that other notebook I bought long ago, but don't dare to go online with it before not having spend hundreds of hours again to get the system safer, after first learning how to. SHUDDER. But for now the offline stuff will work on it, at least km74 will start, and can test some functions by viewing local pages.

For the wiki just do it in english only, don't worry, thats perfectly fine!
Take a look at the pageindex page to see a list. Foreign languages have a suffix at the page name. Only a few pages have been translated anyway, the big majority is only english. And the translated ones are mostly so extremely outdated, that some have been deleted again. It's extremely rarely that language versions get updated simultaneously with main english pages. What is done sometimes, when a foreign page still exists, is to just copy into it the new parts in english as is. That's also what I did with the russian and chinese download pages :cool: Automatic translators are too awful for most languages, although EN-RU seems to be amazing - that is, when I let translate some russian text back into english, it sounds just fine. Other languages are much more awkward, at least results with german often turn out nearly unintelligible. Sigh, and often nearly impossible to explain this prob to 1-language people, who are convinced languages work mathematically, 1word=1word. Meanwhile even finding gibberish-translations in big corporate software sometimes!! For you I don't worry of course, you're cautious, but other folks... oh well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 12:24AM by siria.

Date: September 18, 2014 12:58PM

@ siria

Now you will see my real motive. I need help. I am charged by Dorian to produce a version of my UserAgentII macro for the next version of KM.

Writing the macro is easy. Making the required kml files for fr, de, ru, zn-CH, and es-ES will be a problem for me.

I gave the macro a new name that better describes its function. I also made that name all lowercase, because that is the way official kmm files are named.

I also have a working file for languages. Right now, the translations are from the Bing Translator system. I have no way of knowing if they are right, just a little off, or completely wrong.

Also I have done menu accelerator keys in two ways. In some translations the letter F and R appear so I can just put the '&' symbol ahead of them. In other translations I don't have one or more of the key letters. In those cases, I put '(&F)' and '(&R)' at the end of the string. Should I mix these two methods or just use the latter one?

useragentmode.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)

# ---------- useragentmode.kmm  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm (
# Resources	    : -
# Preferences	: general.useragent.compatMode.firefox and kmeleon.plugins.macros.useragentmode.reset
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_useragentmodeF{
macroinfo=_("Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible");
menuchecked = getpref(BOOL,"general.useragent.compatMode.firefox");
togglepref(BOOL,"general.useragent.compatMode.firefox");
if (getpref(BOOL,"general.useragent.compatMode.firefox")) {
    statusbar(_("User Agent is Firefox compatible mode") );
	} else {
    statusbar(_("User Agent is K-Meleon default") );
	}
}

_useragentmode_ExitReset{
macroinfo=_("Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting");
menuchecked=getpref(BOOL,"kmeleon.plugins.macros.useragentmode.reset");
togglepref(BOOL,"kmeleon.plugins.macros.useragentmode.reset");   
}

_useragentmode_Reset{
getpref(BOOL,"kmeleon.plugins.macros.useragentmode.reset")?setpref(BOOL,"general.useragent.compatMode.firefox",false):0;
}

_useragentmode_BuildMenu{
# tools menu
$_u=_("User Agent Mode");
setmenu(PrivacySecurity,popup,$_u);
setmenu($_u,macro,_("&FireFox Compatible"),"_useragentmodeF",0);
setmenu($_u,macro,_("&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit"),"_useragentmode_ExitReset",1);
setmenu($_u,separator,_("&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit"));
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."_useragentmode_BuildMenu;";
$OnQuit=$OnQuit."_useragentmode_Reset;";
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."useragentmode;";

These are my working notes on languages.

useragentmode

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode
User Agent is K-Meleon default
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting
User Agent Mode 
&FireFox Compatible
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit

fr

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible=Activer/désactiver la chaîne Agent utilisateur Firefox compatible
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode=User Agent est mode compatible Firefox
User Agent is K-Meleon default=Agent utilisateur est par défaut de K-Meleon
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting=Rétablir la valeur par défaut chaîne Agent utilisateur en quittant l'application
User Agent Mode=Mode utilisateur de l'Agent 
&FireFox Compatible=Compatible avec &FireFox
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit=&Réinitialiser pour K-Meleon sur sortie

de

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible=Schalten Sie User Agent String Firefox kompatib
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode=User Agent ist Firefox kompatibel Modus
User Agent is K-Meleon default=User Agent ist K-Meleon-Standard
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting=Zurücksetzen Sie auf die Standardeinstellungen User Agent String beim Beenden
User Agent Mode=User-Agent-Modus 
&FireFox Compatible=FireFox kompatibel (&F)
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit=Setzen Sie auf K-Meleon beim Beenden (&R)

ru

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible=Переключить строку агента пользователя Firefox совместим
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode=Агент пользователя — совместимый режим Firefox
User Agent is K-Meleon default=Агент пользователя — K-Meleon по умолчанию
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting=Сбросить по умолчанию строки агента пользователя при выходе из
User Agent Mode=Режим пользователя агента 
&FireFox Compatible=FireFox совместимого (&F)
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit=Сбросить в K-Meleon на выходе (&R)

zh-CN

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible=切换用户代理字符串火狐浏览器兼容
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode=用户代理是火狐浏览器兼容的模式
User Agent is K-Meleon default=用户代理是 K-meleon 默认
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting=重置为默认的用户代理字符串时退出
User Agent Mode=用户代理模式 
&FireFox Compatible=火狐浏览器兼容 (&F)
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit=将重置为 K-meleon 退出 (&R)

es-ES

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible=Alternar cadena User Agent compatible con Firefox
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode=Agente de usuario es modo compatible con Firefox
User Agent is K-Meleon default=Agente de usuario es por defecto de K-Meleon
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting=Reajuste en el valor predeterminado cadena User Agent al salir
User Agent Mode=Modo de agente de usuario 
&FireFox Compatible=Compatible con &FireFox
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit=&Restablecer a K-Meleon en salida

Re: User Agent Compat - macro (Firefox suffix)
Date: September 18, 2014 09:11PM

The translation guru is of course guenter grinning smiley (He's sure been sitting all day long waiting for my reply now and holding himself back, argh ;-)
For the other languages natives like desga, rodocop, Dorian himself....

Of course I can do the german version too, and yes the Bing-german in your post is horrible, but the prob is I have strong doubts about that whole "default KM" thing!
Because as soon as anyone customizes the UA manually, be it with another macro or in about:config or in F2>Privacy>Paranoia>Custom, the compat-toggle will not reset to "default KM" (sounding like "original KM string") but to "...what to call it??" How, that is the prob, sigh. At the moment only can come up with an alternative suggestion for macroinfo:
"User Agent string: toggle 'Firefox' suffix"

I really wish the old macro could be kept as is, and the FF-toggle only added to it, perhaps as first 2 lines in the menu sad smiley Merely toggling the FF-suffix just doesn't suffice for me, and am sure not alone. Many of us will copy over the old ua-macro again and/or use one of the new alternatives, and then we have several popup-menus shattered across Tools. Instead of integrating this compat-toggle and optional also an autoswitcher macro into the old UA menu, that would be much cleaner menuwise. All nice in one place.
Now I keep riddling and riddling how we could still keep some general native UA menu, and am lost. Perhaps defined in menus.cfg? But as inline or as popup?? It depends completely on what custom macros a user installs, so either way can be awful...

Anyway, to "put '(&F)' and '(&R)' at the end of the string" is a No Go of course.
Just use whatever character a foreign menu starts with. Or if there are duplicates put the & somewhere in the middle of the words. From how I understand it, those & are not browserwide shortcuts, only valid for this menu and completely non-critical? ==> guenter is the translation guru grinning smiley Of course, chinese, euhh...

Just some notes:
The popup menu "User Agent Mode" also needs a &

useragentmodeF would better be called "...._toggle", as usual and self-explanatory.

The macros for setmenu lines shall not start with underlines. That may be disputable, but certainly not native macros smiling smiley

By the way setmenu lines shall *not* have _(), because that's automatic. kko had it written somewhere (macrolanguage?), and the old native ua-macro doesn't have () either.

Am afraid that's not of much help, rather more complicating and slowing down things, sorry :-/

Date: September 19, 2014 01:37AM

siria
Anyway, to "put '(&F)' and '(&R)' at the end of the string" is a No Go of course.
Just use whatever character a foreign menu starts with. Or if there are duplicates put the & somewhere in the middle of the words. From how I understand it, those & are not browserwide shortcuts, only valid for this menu and completely non-critical? ==> guenter is the translation guru grinning smiley Of course, chinese, euhh...

Just some notes:
The popup menu "User Agent Mode" also needs a &

useragentmodeF would better be called "...._toggle", as usual and self-explanatory.

The macros for setmenu lines shall not start with underlines. That may be disputable, but certainly not native macros smiling smiley

By the way setmenu lines shall *not* have _(), because that's automatic. kko had it written somewhere (macrolanguage?), and the old native ua-macro doesn't have () either.

Am afraid that's not of much help, rather more complicating and slowing down things, sorry :-/

I knew my instincts were good when I decided to ask you to help. Just look at all the things you have already found.

I did not know about the _() being unnecessary in setmenu statements. I don't remember it in the documentation. Add to my todo list.

You are are also right about the underscore starting a name. I will fix that.

Don't worry about speed. I would better like to be correct rather than making revisions.

I changed the string for reset. Why not use the existing string from User Agent. One less item for translators. Dorian has to add only the new/different lines in the kml file.

I checked the Chinese kml and they do have the (&F) type keys defined that way. I wonder if the Chinese I need is simplified or traditional? I did simplified. I think that one I get the macro finished, I will need to make a post in Development section and call for translators.

I don't want to use &U for the "User Agent Mode" popup because someone may revive the old user agent macro. I picked the 'd' because it did not appear to be in use in Tools menu.

Edit:
Cannot define reset as default because the default is FireFox compatible.

useragentmode.kmm

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage2)

# ---------- useragentmode.kmm  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies	: main.kmm (
# Resources	    : -
# Preferences	: general.useragent.compatMode.firefox and kmeleon.plugins.macros.useragentmode.reset

useragentmode_Toggle {
macroinfo=_("Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible");
menuchecked = getpref(BOOL,"general.useragent.compatMode.firefox");
togglepref(BOOL,"general.useragent.compatMode.firefox");
if (getpref(BOOL,"general.useragent.compatMode.firefox")) {
    statusbar(_("User Agent is Firefox compatible mode"));
	} else {
    statusbar(_("User Agent is K-Meleon default"));
	}
}

useragentmode_ExitReset {
# Set/unset the switch
macroinfo=_("Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting");
menuchecked=getpref(BOOL,"kmeleon.plugins.macros.useragentmode.reset");
togglepref(BOOL,"kmeleon.plugins.macros.useragentmode.reset");   
}

useragentmode_Reset {
# Use the switch
getpref(BOOL,"kmeleon.plugins.macros.useragentmode.reset")?setpref(BOOL,"general.useragent.compatMode.firefox",false):0;
}

useragentmode_BuildMenu {
# Tools menu
$_u=_("User Agent Mo&de");
setmenu(PrivacySecurity,popup,$_u);
setmenu($_u,macro,"&FireFox Compatible","useragentmode_Toggle",0);
setmenu($_u,macro,"&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit","useragentmode_ExitReset",1);
setmenu($_u,separator,"&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit");
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."useragentmode_BuildMenu;";
$OnQuit=$OnQuit."useragentmode_Reset;";
$macroModules=$macroModules."useragentmode;";

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2014 11:52AM by JamesD.

Date: September 19, 2014 11:01PM

Oh James, sorry but I'm so awfully slow, and time is running so incredibly FAST!! But you need really not wait for me, cannot help much anyway. (And I really see more and more a need to get the old UA function back. Just the last weeks read again in FF and other forums how users tend to get angry if important and perfectly fine functions are deleted for no reasons, if it just doesn't make any sense. At least in KM this can be restored by copying over two files, guess they should be published in the macro archive soon)

JamesD
Edit:
Cannot define reset as default because the default is FireFox compatible.

It's all so complicated. Especially if FF is on by default, although I think Dorian had posted he planned to switch it off again, but in RC2final it's still on (in prefs.js). Also problematic because some people will prefer FF-ON as default, others FF-OFF as default! Either way not clear, and nearly all users will have not the slightest clue what this toggle actually does. Probably will assume it's changing the way websites are processed inside the browser, similar to quirks mode or IE7 "compatiblity" etc.... when in reality it's merely including FF-name in the UA (if I got that right?).
Also it sounds a bit as if KM were by default not compatible with pages for Firefox...
Frankly I tend more and more to rather drop the reset function, but that's not my decision.

@guenter:
Wie wärs vielleicht ziemlich frei mit:

DE:
menu: User Agent Mo&de = User-Agent-Mo&dus
----
menu: &FireFox Compatible = Mit &FireFox als Zusatzname
macroinfo: Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible = Zusatzname Firefox in User-Agent umschalten (Software-Kennung)
status: User Agent is Firefox compatible mode = User-Agent hat Firefox als Zusatzname
status: User Agent is K-Meleon default = User-Agent ohne Firefox als Zusatzname
----
menu: &Reset To Default On Exit = Beim Beenden auf &Standard zurücksetzen
macroinfo: Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting = Zusatzname Firefox in User-Agent beim Beenden auf Standard zurücksetzen

@James:
==== EN alternative (what above is in german)
menu: User Agent Mo&de
----
menu: &FireFox Compatible =OR= With &FireFox in string
macroinfo: Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible =OR= Toggle Firefox in User Agent string (software ID)
status: User Agent is Firefox compatible mode =OR= User-Agent string contains additional Firefox
status: User Agent is K-Meleon default =OR= User-Agent string without additional Firefox
----
menu: &Reset To K-Meleon On Exit =OR= &Reset To Default On Exit
macroinfo: Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting =OR= Reset additional Firefox in User Agent string to default when exiting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2014 11:19PM by siria.

Date: September 20, 2014 12:03AM

I sent e-mail to Guenter, Deaga2, Alain, and Rodocop. Guenter and Alain have replied. Waiting on others. Thanks for your help.

Alain pointed out that I did not have to use the same letter in every language. That is another thing I did not know.

I may actually be almost intelligent when this is done. I am going to have to write myself a big FAQ about official macros and kml files before I forget everything.

Date: September 22, 2014 07:26PM

I suggest the following German translation of above.

But siria who translates better than me should have a say also.
And any other German K-Meleon user interested to comment.

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible=Browserkennung Firefox kompatibel schalten
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode=Browserkennung ist im Firefox kompatibelen Modus
User Agent is K-Meleon default=Browserkennung ist nur K-Meleon, Standard
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting= Beim Beenden Browserkennung auf die Standardeinstellungen zurücksetzen
User Agent Mo&de=Browserkennungmo&dus
&FireFox Compatible=&FireFox kompatibel
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit=K-Meleon beim Beenden zu&rücksetzen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 07:30PM by guenter.

Date: September 22, 2014 08:55PM

Well, if you want my suggestions, they are long since in my post above ;-)

But not very literally, because I tried to make things as understandable as possible.
Especially something like "default" is not clear enough to me, if the browser default is "with FF string", as in the current RC2final, while as a user I would expect "default" = "without fakes". What it actually is in this macro. So I would just prefer a clear "with or without FF string in UA"

And another big reason is my strong conviction, that KM just needs to keep coming with a handy UA switcher, as it did all those years before, one of the most popular funtions - Pleease! You cannot just remove such a function without replacement, and only toggling FF just is not enough.

Just today naruman discovered that the google-audiotranslation needs a Chrome string to work! And he now posted his automatic switcher code in the RC2 thread, I hope so strongly Dorian will adopt it.
The only logical thing in my mind would be that he takes the autoswitcher and adds this compat-toggle inside the same kmm, and integrates both into the same menu.

If he does not, most users will be forced to get one of the custom switchers out there and then we keep having a menu confusion. With the custom ua-macro a menu that says "reset to KM default", and this compat-macro with also a menu "reset to KM default", and both not really resetting UA completely, unless it is also toggled in the other macro.
And both in separated menus.

Sorry, this probably won't get you forward, but can't help it, really have a prob with this current nirwana chaos situation :-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 08:57PM by siria.

Date: September 22, 2014 09:49PM

siria
Well, if you want my suggestions, they are long since in my post above ;-)

But not very literally, because I tried to make things as understandable as possible.
Especially something like "default" is not clear enough to me, if the browser default is "with FF string", as in the current RC2final, while as a user I would expect "default" = "without fakes". What it actually is in this macro. So I would just prefer a clear "with or without FF string in UA"

And another big reason is my strong conviction, that KM just needs to keep coming with a handy UA switcher, as it did all those years before, one of the most popular funtions - Pleease! You cannot just remove such a function without replacement, and only toggling FF just is not enough.

Just today naruman discovered that the google-audiotranslation needs a Chrome string to work! And he now posted his automatic switcher code in the RC2 thread, I hope so strongly Dorian will adopt it.
The only logical thing in my mind would be that he takes the autoswitcher and adds this compat-toggle inside the same kmm, and integrates both into the same menu.

If he does not, most users will be forced to get one of the custom switchers out there and then we keep having a menu confusion. With the custom ua-macro a menu that says "reset to KM default", and this compat-macro with also a menu "reset to KM default", and both not really resetting UA completely, unless it is also toggled in the other macro.
And both in separated menus.

Sorry, this probably won't get you forward, but can't help it, really have a prob with this current nirwana chaos situation :-/

I must have been blind. I agree with You but User Agent has been Browserkennung in German since way back I think?

Date: September 22, 2014 10:04PM

Keine Ahnung, und es hört sich ja schon besser an, aber ich hab mir halt überlegt, unter "Browserkennung" stell ICH als einfacher User mir NUR die reinen Browserdaten vor. Im UA ist aber auch die Windows-Version drin und auch die System-Sprache, was mich doch ziemlich verblüfft hatte, als ich es das erstemal mitgekriegt hab. Von daher find ich persönlich Software-Kennung richtiger, auch wenn das vielleicht nicht so üblich sein sollte. That's just me ;-) Und UA halt als Fachausdruck. Aber das ist nicht der Teil, mit dem ich ein größeres Problem hätte, also von mir aus auch Browserkennung, wenn es wirklich üblich ist. Hab nur mal in irgendeinem Wörterbuch nachgeschlagen, und da stand als Übersetzung tatsächlich auch nur UA drin, daraufhin hab ich dann frei interpretiert ;-P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 10:08PM by siria.

Date: September 22, 2014 11:18PM

@ siria and Guenter

I appreciate you help and the discussion. Being a person from the Carolinas region in the USA, I have often been pointed out as one who uses lazy slang in my speech. Maybe I am not detailed enough. Dorian will have the final say as to whether he uses the macro and translations.

I have not heard from Russia or China.

Date: September 23, 2014 09:06AM

JamesD
@ siria and Guenter

I appreciate you help and the discussion. Being a person from the Carolinas region in the USA, I have often been pointed out as one who uses lazy slang in my speech. Maybe I am not detailed enough. Dorian will have the final say as to whether he uses the macro and translations.

I have not heard from Russia or China.

No JamesD that is not the case. Your language is technical precise and to the point.

siria drives at something else. Otto normal user/ or a DAU (the German proverbial average user/ or the most stupid user without tech skills) can understand what siria suggests better. At least the German version of it. For English You are the native speaker and must decide.

Dorian decides whether to use this version of an agent switch or another.
naruman proposed a js based one that seems to be able to add new strings.

IMHO German will use siria's version but we use the word "Browserkennung" introduced by kko for User-Agent-String and similar.

siria, is this subsequent version ok with You?

DE:
menu: User Agent Mo&de = Mo&dus der Browserkennung
----
menu: &FireFox Compatible = Mit &FireFox als Zusatzname
macroinfo: Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible = Zusatzname Firefox in Browserkennung umschalten (Software-Kennung)
status: User Agent is Firefox compatible mode = Browserkennung mit Firefox als Zusatzname
status: User Agent is K-Meleon default = Browserkennung ohne Firefox als Zusatzname
----
menu: &Reset To Default On Exit = Beim Beenden auf &Standard zurücksetzen
macroinfo: Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting = Zusatzname Firefox in Browserkennung beim Beenden auf Standard zurücksetzen

JamesD do we set additional Firefox string by default or only K-Meleon?

And JamesD do not worry about missing a Chinese, Russian... translation.
This is not chrome. K-Meleon will just use annother existing translation and not raise an error. The first experienced Chinese user will look for an kml with unfinished translations in the Chinese locales folder.

He will find a useragentmode.kml with only empty after "=". Eaxmple:

User Agent Mo&de =

... and know what to do and he will sent the resulting translation to Dorian or You. As I said it is a job only native speakers should and can do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 11:43AM by guenter.

Date: September 23, 2014 12:08PM

siria, naruman also created and proposed an UserAgent switch for K-Meleon.
Can I have Your comment.

His German proposal:

Add New=Neu hinzufügen
My UserAgent=Mein Useragent
Seach for UAgent=Suchanfrage für uagent
Enter New UserAgent=Geben Sie den neuen Useragent
Search for New User Agent=Suche nach New User Agent
Set User Agent  for the current web page=Set User-Agent für die aktuelle Web-Seite
Enter the User Agent string:=Geben Sie den User Agent String:
UserAgent [String]=Useragent [Zeichenfolge]
Enter the User Agent Name:Ex ( Firfox30 )=Geben Sie den User Agent Name: Ex (Firfox30)
User Agent[Name]=User Agent [Name]
Search for New User Agent=Suche nach New User Agent
Set User Agent  for the current web page=Set User-Agent für die aktuelle Web-Seite

I would tranlate like this / Würde ich so machen.

Add New=Neu hinzufügen
My UserAgent=Meine Browserkennung
Seach for UAgent=Suchanfrage für eine Browserkennung
Enter New UserAgent=Geben Sie die neue Browserkennung ein
Search for New User Agent=Suche nach einer neuen Browserkennung
Set User Agent  for the current web page=Browserkennung für die aktuelle Web-Seite setzen
Enter the User Agent string:=Geben Sie die Zeichenfolge der Browserkennung ein:
UserAgent [String]=Browserkennung [Zeichenfolge]
Enter the User Agent Name:Ex ( Firfox30 )=Eingabe der Browserkennung Name: Ex (Firfox30)
User Agent[Name]=Browserkennung[Name]
Search for New User Agent=Suche neue Browserkennung (User Agent) 
Set User Agent  for the current web page=Browserkennung für die aktuelle Web-Seite setzen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 12:23PM by guenter.

Date: September 23, 2014 08:55PM

@James: sorry just lazy, am struggling all evening already with hairsplitting wordings in german, no talent :-/

@guenter:
Erstmal das 1.macro, zweite mal sehen, wird aber spät

"Browserkennung" ist natürlich okay, wenn das schon so üblich ist. Dann würd ich meine SW-Kennung hintendran aber doch eher weglassen. Alle Zeilen find ich gut so, außer dem Titel:

& im Menütitel:
Das &d geht nicht, weil D steht auf deutsch schon für &Datenschutz.
In E&xtras ist bereits belegt:
MSTDhot smileyW)TGHK
das B ist sogar noch frei!
Also "Modus der &Browserkennung"
Oder wie wärs mit U?? Macht auch Sinn, wenn man "UA" kennt:
"Mod&us der Browserkennung"

Wenn ich jetzt aber noch mal so drüber nachdenke - eigentlich bin ich mit sämtlichen Varianten für den Menütitel noch nicht besonders glücklich :-/ Der "Modus" ist mir irgendwie zu allgemein, da muss man doch jedesmal überlegen "was war das jetzt nochmal genau?"... Vor allem wenn man alle 3 gleichzeitig installiert hat, das reine Chaos. Wahrscheinlich noch nicht mal übereinander?
Datenschutz
Proxy
Meine Browserkennung
Browserkennung
Modus der Browserkennung
Maustastenkürzel
Mausgesten

ne echt, wird leicht verwirrend. Plädiere sehr für sowas:
Datenschutz
Proxy
Browserkennung
Browserkennung nach Website
Browserkennung Zusatzmodus
Maustastenkürzel
Mausgesten

Vielleicht auch was mit compat im Titel weil das Mozilla schon so getauft hat, aber das hört sich auch doof an... Kompatibilität auf deutsch einfach grausam... Aber ich glaub, mit "&Browserkennung Zusatzmodus" könnt ich mich jetzt endlich halbwegs anfreunden - was denkst du??

Generell wird die Sache ja nur durch die Splitterei so kompliziert. Kann wirklich nur hoffen, dass Dorian doch noch irgendwie ein gemeinsames UA-macro mitliefert, wo min 2 davon drinstecken. Daher sollten wir bei den Tastenkürzeln eigentlich gleich alle 3 berücksichtigen, aber hab für die paar läppischen Zeilen hier jetzt schon wieder ewig gebraucht. Mein Talent liegt eindeutig nicht in Wortfinderei.
"&Reset to default" gibts allerdings auch schon im alten Macro genau so. Solange das auf englisch identisch ist, muss es auch auf deutsch identisch wie der alte Text bleiben, sonst kriegt das alte Macro auch den neuen Text ab, wenn jemand beide Macros installiert, was sehr wahrscheinlich ist. Die Zeile hab ich jetzt aber nicht genau verglichen, vielleicht kannst du nochmal.

Interessanterweise heißt es übrigens
general.useragent.compatMode.firefox
Und DAS bedeutet, da kann es auch noch mehr geben!
Z.B compatMode.k-meleon :cool:
Aber sowas müsste Dorian implementieren, per Macro reichen meine sehr begrenzten Kenntnisse nicht wie man das in sämtlichen Seitenaufruf-Möglichkeiten dazwischenschieben könnte.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2014 09:00PM by siria.

Date: September 24, 2014 10:22AM

Danke für deine Hilfe.

Groß &D und &d ist IMHO nicht das Gleiche.

Habe heute anderes im Kopf.

AgentSwitcher = EWG (einer wird gewinnen), Dorian nimmt den, der ihm besser gefällt.

Date: September 24, 2014 06:20PM

guenter
Groß &D und &d ist IMHO nicht das Gleiche.

So funktionieren Menü-Kürzel aber nicht. Du verwechselst das mit Browserweiten Shortcuts, das ist was ganz anderes.

Aber schau dir einfach mal die anderen Menükürzel an: Der Einstieg ist die Alt-Taste und dann der unterstrichene Buchstabe im Hauptmenü, anschließend ohne ALT jeweils der unterstrichene. Das sind oft genug Großbuchstaben - hast du da schon mal die Shift-Taste dazu drücken müssen??

Diese Kürzel wirken nur und ausschließlich in diesem kleinen Menü, wenn es gerade offen ist. In jedem anderen Menü haben die gleichen Buchstaben eine ganz andere Bedeutung. Und weil der in jedem Menü sowieso etwas anderes bedeutet, sollte dieser Buchstabe auch ein möglichst intuitiver sein. Deswegen hat da jede Sprache vorzugsweise die Anfangsbuchstaben unterstrichen, in jeder Sprache andere.
Zum Beispiel F=File und D=Datei

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 06:21PM by siria.

Date: September 24, 2014 09:01PM

guenter
Habe heute anderes im Kopf. AgentSwitcher = EWG (einer wird gewinnen), Dorian nimmt den, der ihm besser gefällt.

Wieso nur einer?? :cool: Ich sag schon ständig, ich hätte gern ein Doppelpack, lässt sich auch wunderbar integrieren solange beide im gleichen Menü sind. Am besten sogar 3 gleichzeitig integrieren, ein manueller Switcher, ein Auto-Switcher, und ein FF-Switcher, aber das wäre dann vermutlich wieder mit einiger Arbeit verbunden.

Wegen macro-2 oben, da müsste man erstmal die vielen engl. Rechtschreibfehler und Abkürzungen im Original verbessern, was mich natürlich in allen zehn Fingern juckt, bevor man mit Übersetzen überhaupt anfängt ;-) Und der Info-Link hat sogar eine falsche Statuszeile mit "Suchen" drin, weil er nur eine Unterfunktion vom Such-Link ist, das sollte man trennen. So wird das nix, da halt ich mich erstmal raus. Nur eins kurz: Das "Ex" bedeutet auf deutsch "z.B."

Argh, und ich schaff es nicht ohne Editieren!!! Sigh. Was ich noch sagen wollte: Er liefert ja eine ganze UA-Liste mit, das ist toll, nur fehlt da überall ein KM-Zusatzstring. Sogar der "default" string hat noch Firefox dabei, es gibt also keinen einzigen Eintrag auf der Liste ohne Frembrowser dabei. Und nur dieser einzige hat überhaupt KM dabei. Am besten wäre ein gesunder Mix, paar mit, paar ohne, zwecks der berühmten Statistik.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 09:07PM by siria.

offtopic - ipc
Date: September 25, 2014 09:46AM

guenter
dom.ipc.plugins.enabled / false - but I still think it is the flash on that site

Ich nix verstehn vom Rest, alles zu hoch, aber die ipc default-Einstelllung oben sagt alleine ja nicht unbedingt was über Flash aus. Weil jedes Plugin auch noch einzelne ipc-Settings hat und die haben Priorität über default. Ganz allgemein hört sich "plugins.enabled" sowieso leicht irreführend an, denn die Plugins werden damit ja nicht blockiert, sondern nur die Art der ipc-Ausführung eingestellt: ob ein Plugin zusammen im gleichen Prozess wie KM laufen soll oder in einem "isolated-process", damit im Crashfall wenigstens nicht gleich der ganze Browser abstürzt. Auf der Mozilla-Seite wurde wegen diverser Probleme ja empfohlen, ipc-default und ipc-java auf false einzustellen, aber ipc-flash im Regelfall auf true.
Davon aber abgesehen, die aktuelle Crashseite von zero hat mal wieder irgendwas mit twitch-tv zu tun, hatten wir schon mal, bei denen ist glaub eh Hopfen und Malz verloren.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2014 09:46AM by siria.

Re: offtopic - ipc
Posted by: Chanson Yu
Date: September 26, 2014 07:44AM

@ guenter
Sorry for the delay ! smiling smiley

@ JamesD
JamesD
zh-CN

Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible=切换用户代理字符串火狐浏览器兼容
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode=用户代理是火狐浏览器兼容的模式
User Agent is K-Meleon default=用户代理是 K-meleon 默认
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting=重置为默认的用户代理字符串时退出
User Agent Mode=用户代理模式
&FireFox Compatible=火狐浏览器兼容 (&F)
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit=将重置为 K-meleon 退出 (&R)

User Agent Mo&de = 用户代理(&D)
&FireFox Compatible = 火狐兼容模式(&F)
Toggle User Agent string Firefox compatible = 切换用户代理至火狐兼容模式
User Agent is Firefox compatible mode = 用户代理切换至火狐兼容模式
User Agent is K-Meleon default = 用户代理切换至 KM 默认字串
&Reset To K-Meleon On Exit = 退出时重置为默认字串(&R)
Reset to the default User Agent string when exiting = 退出 KM 时重置为默认用户代理字串

Re: offtopic - ipc
Date: September 26, 2014 10:20AM

Chanson Yu
@ guenter
Sorry for the delay ! smiling smiley

We all have a family, a job,... Delay is normal.smiling smiley

I wrote to You and Hao.

Many thanks to both of You.

@ siria, du könntest eine Korrektur anbieten. Seine Muttersprache dürfte ägyptisch sein. Versuch es mit nem en-US native Speaker zu koordinieren.

mfG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 10:29AM by guenter.

Date: September 27, 2014 12:16AM

@guenter: LOL, jetzt hab ich die ganze Zeit gerätselt was du nur meinen könntest, ich soll jetzt hier aber nicht ägyptisch und chinesisch lernen oder sowas?! und ein en Muttersprachler ist doch schon hier... Und meinen Senf hab ich schon weiter oben ausführlichst dazugegeben. Nun ist der Groschen doch noch gefallen: ach so, du meinst was ich weiter oben wegen dem zweiten Macro geschrieben hab!! Würd ich schon machen, aber es ist zu offensichtlich dass er Rechtschreibung für bescheuert und überflüssig hält, also versuch ich mich noch ein bisschen zurückzuhalten mit meckern, solang es nur ein optionales Macro ist.

Date: September 29, 2014 04:01PM

Nein sollst du nicht. Nein kein Chinesisch. Arabisch. Er würde sich vielleicht freuen, wenn er Hilfe beim engl. Formulieren kriegte. JS kann er besser als Englisch. smiling smiley

Und Nein, du sollst nicht meckern sondern höflich und behilflich sein. tongue sticking out smiley

Ich wünschte seine Sachen würden in die nächste Version integriert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2014 04:03PM by guenter.

Posted by: KM2005
Date: October 02, 2014 05:28PM

(Not sure this is the best topic for the following)

I'm trying to figure out a convenient way to allow KM to be compatible with a particular website (due to the website being updated and at the same time breaking what worked before).

Site: www.gmx.com
KM incompatabliity: <Log In> no longer works (hasn't worked with KM since the website coding was changed many months ago, maybe a few years ago).
What does allow login to the site: Pale Moon (another mozilla flavor browser) with the following User Agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1) which is IE 10 on Win7 (works with a Win8 sysntax too)
Attempts: That string that works in PM, doesn't work with KM. I tried a few other strings in addition to the ones included with KM with no success being able to login.

Date: October 02, 2014 07:28PM

You're right that this is probably not the best subforum, because this is the offtopic part, so hardly anyone ever reading it => far less answers.
And I am not even online with KM74 grinning smiley Anyway, just in theory, my first suspicion would be that your browser is by default adding a FF string to your UA string.
I'd visit mybrowsersinfo.com to verify if that's the case. If yes, open about:config and look for ".....compat.firefox", toggle it false and try again.

And I suppose you are already using the latest KM version from 27.Sep.?

The funny thing is, all those years everyone held the belief that faking a FF name would get us better page display, but lately some people rather seem to have the opposite problem! And I had some doubts about that myth quite long too, using only "KM" as default string since years and only occasionally another. Even with the old KM1.6 string I almost never got any "old browser" warnings, quite the opposite if using a FF string tongue sticking out smiley I do suspect some admins out there are intentionally rather gracious with us :-)

User Agent Compat - macro (Firefox suffix)
Posted by: visionhelp
Date: June 01, 2015 06:13PM

Hier wird - auch schon mit - schon an (Programmier-)Sprache(n) auch gearbeitet, oder verstehe ich das möglicherWeise miß ?

(Was ist Brauser-Kennung ? Wofür ?)
Vielleicht in diese Richtung denken . . . :
Browserkennung - Browser-ID, Web-Viewer(-ID), (Browser-which)

Kompatibilität (kompatibel) = (zusammen-passen) Zusammen-Arbeit .
(´Frei´ interpretiert.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2015 07:37PM by visionhelp.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.