Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
Linux is already dominant; Android did this for us.
Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: June 20, 2016 08:00PM

I posted this elsewhere before, just re-posting it here in case it might amuse anyone...and also because, as it explains here:
http://www.thelinuxrain.com/articles/distro-wars-its-all-linux

Its ALL Linux !!
As the posting title says=>
Linux is already dominant; Android did this for us.

As such (IMO) mikr0$0ft has not only lost the 'OS wars' - but has already become mostly irrelevant in the tech world.
Their 'phone OSes' have only helped to drive folks to handheld devices - most of which are Android-based.
Desktop PC uses are at an all-time low at present and mikr0$0ft has assisted in that gigantic movement.
(It is the ONE truly GOOD thing that they have ever done.)

The mikr0$0ft gang can make whatever sorts of creepy, bloated, lobotomized zombie OS things they want, and this user's response is as follows:
So what, big deal - your brainless new junk is of no use to me anymore.

Yes - I am, and will remain a desktop PC user.

When I want or need win-doze apps I can very easily run a fully tweaked XP under Linux in a VM, and given the incredible stability of the host OS I can have Android running in another VM at the very same time.

There are multiple Android devices right on my desk that help me with things I need to get done every day; my wonderful alarm clock is an Android device that works perfectly with my choice of music; my GPS is also just an Android device - and best of all - I can have cellular services for almost free using - you guessed it - a very nice, cheap, older Android device.

Do you have various things with touchscreens in your home (TV, refrigerator, stove, etc...) ??
Do you have a branded GPS unit ??
Does your nice, new car have a touchscreen panel in its dashboard ??
These are ALL Android devices about 99% of the time now.

When the sheer number of internet (and other) servers are tallied up with the amazing millions and millions (billions by now ?!?) of other things running under Android there is simply nothing that comes even close to being so widespread.

Linux has very quietly become the dominant force in tech gear on this planet at this time.
It -IS- very much all around us in our present - AND:
Unless something can somehow displace it...
Linux -IS- our future.

This is what I see all around me and the way that I see things as going.

Most likely there will be a surge of mikr0$0ft, anti-Linux & faux-apple fanbois who will disagree violently with the above thoughts - but that is expected - and the blanket reply to such uselessly violent thinking is this:

Such opinions are already irrelevant;
Resistance has also been irrelevant;
You are ALREADY assimilated.

We are Android; child of Linux.
Open your eyes, look around you=>
We are already EVERYWHERE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2016 08:01PM by smallhagrid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Linux is already dominant; Android did this for us.
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 21, 2016 08:31AM

I have also installed Linux to Windows users and persons who have never used a computer, and except one person all always use Linux now (Ubuntu or Xubuntu).

I have installed about 35 computers and maintain a few of it for some users ...
The older user is 85 years old, and the person which had never used a computer before using Ubuntu is 70 years old.

So, it's really a wrong argument and excuse to say that Linux is difficult to handle.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2016 08:32AM by JujuLand.

Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: June 21, 2016 05:35PM

That is Wonderful Work which you have done JujuLand !!!
I totally agree with you that it is a very wrong argument (and an excuse) to say that Linux is difficult to handle - if non-tech folks as well as the elderly can just use it with no troubles a'tall - anyone can do it.

Linux is finally Grandma & Grandpa friendly - both as a desktop system and for handheld devices.

It is time for the stubborn ones to open their eyes enough to see that it is really no big deal.

And:
Of course there are always those whose lives simply revolve around having the latest M$ stuff upon which to run the latest games in amazing detail, with full 3D depth and so on.

But those folks are very few - getting fewer and are being replaced every day now by those who would rather use a handheld device (usually with Android...) to play their games.

So...see, it is true=>
Resistance has been irrelevant;
Assimilation is nearly complete.

Open your eyes, look around you=>
We are already EVERYWHERE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2016 05:56PM by smallhagrid.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 22, 2016 02:01PM

Just Linux, sorry ... :cool:

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.