Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
Flash+Advor+Torbrowser issue
Posted by: zeronero
Date: December 25, 2016 10:33PM

One is trying correct issues of flash not working with Tor browser with advor installed. Readme says to use TBB3.5_en-us.exe with: " From the directory "Tor Browser" delete the directories "Docs" and "Tor" and delete the files "Start Tor Browser.exe" and "Data\Browser\profile.default\extensions\tor-launcher@torproject.org.xpi" .
Yet TB gives error when followed. Also start tor browser exe is not in current bundle.
Any suggestions? Does 1 need install flash on FF 1st? Am Luddite it seems.

ZN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flash+Advor+Torbrowser issue
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 26, 2016 06:12PM

zeronero
One is trying correct issues of flash not working with Tor browser with advor installed. Readme says to use TBB3.5_en-us.exe with: " From the directory "Tor Browser" delete the directories "Docs" and "Tor" and delete the files "Start Tor Browser.exe" and "Data\Browser\profile.default\extensions\tor-launcher@torproject.org.xpi" .
Yet TB gives error when followed. Also start tor browser exe is not in current bundle.exe
Any suggestions? Does 1 need install flash on FF 1st? Am Luddite it seems.

ZN

Zero. You need the flash plugin starts with NPSWF32.
Normal location: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

If I remember correctly needed in /plugins which is next to the firefox.exe/K-Meleon.exe.

The rest should not matter or be done IMHO. You need the exe.

The plugin is big and standalone. See in General for downloads.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/internet/firefox/install-flash-plugin-manually-in-firefox-on-vista/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2016 06:16PM by guenter.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: December 27, 2016 01:17PM

@zeronero

What is "advor"? Advanced Onion Router?
If so why making a mess? You already have TOR bundled with the TorBrowser.
If you want to use AdvOR instead, download the latest Firefox-ESR and configure it to use AdvOR.
Additionally you can install the extensions TorBrowser is using and configure your Firefox-ESR the way it is configured in the TorBrowser bundle. You can make a user.js from the TorBrowser settings (prefs.js) and place it into your Firefox-ESR profile folder).
Voilà, now you will have your own clean bundle using the latest AdvOR and the latest Firefox-ESR.
I know what I'm speaking about because I did use once AdvOR. Then the project got halted. Nice to see that it resurrected. smiling smiley

Date: December 29, 2016 09:16PM

Thanks for the reply. May be making mess, not uncommon for this one.(^_^) Want to use flash with flash centric sites while bypassing Nanny (not connected at home). Nanny does not like proxies this may include TOR. Will follow your suggestions. Again thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated.

zero

Date: December 29, 2016 09:33PM

Thank you for replying, will try your suggestion & others suggestions. Trying to use the combo is frustrating. As stated elsewhere I want to use flash. Understand TOR browser does not allow this due to leakage hence wanting to combine TOR with Advor. The internet connection one uses has Nanny software which is prone to false positives. Greetings, zero.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.