Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
I read the news today, oh boy...
Posted by: msea
Date: January 05, 2017 04:27PM

A long time ago at my blog I said that if the CIA/FBI whatever had definitive proof that Russia was behind the alleged hacks, then why not post it on the web for all to see? Surely there are some non-aligned techies who could ascertain the data... see if the fingerprints, linkages, traces, etc. were conclusive.

I am not an American nor am I aligned with Dems or Repubs. But it is an important issue, given America's power.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/04/politics/donald-trump-cia-intelligence-russia-assange/index.html

What do you think? Is it fair game to talk web politics at this forum?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I read the news today, oh boy...
Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 05, 2017 06:13PM

msea
Is it fair game to talk web politics at this forum?.

I would prefer that we not. This is the only place on the internet that has little or no politics. Ergo this is the only site I regularly visit.

I am from the USA, but I did not pick a canidate in the recent election, because "None of the above" was not on my ballot.

I have no idea if the leaks done by any specific group. All the politions whether in or out of power have their own axe to grind, so how objective will they be?

Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 05, 2017 06:46PM

I'm russian, and neither I can elect US Presidents nor I have such an intention.

And while I'm slightly politicised man, I don't want to discuss this here too.

We all are men of future here as we help each other notwithstanding all that "states and borders" stuff and I wish it will last for ever. At least here ;-)

Well, speaking about details and tech possibilities I'm going to wait for details published by CIA or whoever else there...

Date: January 06, 2017 12:34PM

Okay guys. I'm fascinated by politics especially as it pertains to tech subjects. AI, the web, etc. But if this is a neutral-free zone, then maybe it's better to leave the disputes debates etc to the pundits on TV.

Mind you, I find the level of discussion there about grade 5. So I thought maybe you smart peeps would enjoy going a bit deeper. But again, if not, I would be the last to ruin a good thing--i.e. collaborative forum that doesn't care about borders. smiling smiley

Posted by: siria
Date: January 06, 2017 02:10PM

LOL, sounds like it were only "THIS forum or TV or nowhere"! Seriously, there are a million other places on the web for discussions of anything under the sun. And you seem to overestimate slightly the number of visitors in this tiny forum here winking smiley

James, just curious, do you only have 2 checkboxes on the ballot? Or are things like over here, the smaller players may be voteable but have zero chance anyway, so just as good as not existing at all?

Date: January 06, 2017 05:47PM

siria
LOL, sounds like it were only "THIS forum or TV or nowhere"! Seriously, there are a million other places on the web for discussions of anything under the sun. And you seem to overestimate slightly the number of visitors in this tiny forum here winking smiley

James, just curious, do you only have 2 checkboxes on the ballot? Or are things like over here, the smaller players may be voteable but have zero chance anyway, so just as good as not existing at all?

That's funny. I have participated at the Reaper forum because I am a bedroom musician. It has a section called "Lounge" where you can talk about practically anything.

But I found the wit a bit sharper here... or maybe just different. I only participate in forums where/when I feel good at the place. Often the vibe gets heavy and I just leave. Or at some news sites, the moderation is crazy. And the general public not too interesting to me. They often use forums as an opportunity to rant, proliferate their inflexible viewpoint, and possibly expunge negative emotions.

Not my scene! smiling smiley

Posted by: JamesD
Date: January 07, 2017 02:57PM

siria

There are other candidates listed. Usually too small in terms of support to have any real chance. There is even a block where one can 'write in' a candidate not listed.

I suppose I could write in my own name. However, if I did that, there would be a chance, a really infinitesimally small chance, that some unforeseen set of events could make me the winner. I don't think that I want the stress that would bring with it. The President must work with congress. While I believe that compromise is a useful concept, I do not see that the members of Congress do so.

Posted by: panzer
Date: January 10, 2017 11:11AM

Just my 2 cents on the matter: don't believe Western mainstream media because they are paid or own by elites who want you to be like sheeps: dumm and guided by shepherds (them).

Unless you are interested in sport results. Then reading them is no problem. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 12:14PM by panzer.

Date: January 10, 2017 02:43PM

panzer
Just my 2 cents on the matter: don't believe Western mainstream media because they are paid or own by elites who want you to be like sheeps: dumm and guided by shepherds (them).

Unless you are interested in sport results. Then reading them is no problem. smiling smiley

Unless some of the sports are rigged! They used to do it in horse racing... :cool:

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.