Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
a note as "new" when "edited" a post [color=green] edited [/color]
Posted by: visionhelp
Date: August 16, 2015 03:55PM

For this forum:
A note as "new" for when "edited" - edited, edited, edited, edited - a post.
(Without - or with - the need, to set this topic to the ´top´ of the topics-list(s).)

What do You think about this ?

For those who like or want this. (Switch-able.)

And, for those who like, a message-mail, if - a followed topic - is/was edited ?
(Switch-able ON - AND - OFF, certainly, too.)

(Forum-related I would call this forum-list-topic, to put this topic to:
Like so often: I´m just not sure, if this is a good place for this topic.)

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2015 09:01PM by visionhelp.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a note as "new" when "edited" a post
Posted by: siria
Date: August 16, 2015 05:03PM

I don't think it's possible, and I don't know any other forum that does that either.

I'm a heavy editor myself, but the big majority of people only edit for tiny stuff like correcting typos, changing a color for a word etc.
If other readers have read that already and then keep getting that post shown as "new" again and again, they would look at it and think "Huh? But I've read that already! What's that nonsense bug in this forum software?! Argh..."

Just take this posting of yours as example: six (6!!) edits now, and to my memory it still looks like the first version, except for a few colors, which are merely cosmetic. Can't you imagine that people may get angry when you bother them to read this nearly same post again and again and again and again and again for no other reasons except a bit cosmetics??

So it makes no sense to do this. The usual way is still the best and no problem at all:
if you have something important to add, just add another post. Or if you want to correct something in a previous post, which should really appear in THAT post AND is really important enough to get readers to read it AGAIN, you can still edit the first post and then push it up again with an additional post explaining the corrections or whatever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2015 05:12PM by siria.

Re: a note as "new" when "edited" a post
Posted by: visionhelp
Date: August 16, 2015 08:28PM

"I don't think it's possible":
Hhmmm . . .

"and I don't know any other forum that does that either.":
Me, too.

"getting that post shown as "new" ":
This is a misunderstanding. Marked as "edited", not as "new".

"again and again and again and again and again":
Nobody is forced.

But, You are right with all the other arguments.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.