Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
Request change to Phorum recent_messages addon
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: September 14, 2015 02:50PM

One of the reasons I don't use the new added addon/module is that you can't go directly to the first new post of the marked threads as new.

@Dorian, could be done to add to the "new" text a link to that thread plus the ",gotonewpost" text so the link on "new" takes you to the first unread post?

From my point of view shouldn't be hard and will enhance the addon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2015 02:52PM by JohnHell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Request change to Phorum recent_messages addon
Posted by: rodocop
Date: September 14, 2015 03:10PM

'Newest messages' view - sends you to the last messages.

And 'Updated topics' view is linked with topicstarters. Use it when needed.

I think modules aren't provided by Dorian but are the developments of Phorum itself.

Date: September 14, 2015 04:50PM

rodocop
'Newest messages' view - sends you to the last messages.

They do to the last, not to the first unread by the user, what does the new text in every link in the forum except there.

rodocop
I think modules aren't provided by Dorian but are the developments of Phorum itself.

It is just PHP. It can be modded easily.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2015 04:51PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 14, 2015 05:19PM

JohnHell
They do to the last, not to the first unread by the user

not really: they link to the individual post which is clicked.
That means I'm simply starting from the bottom-up to open the threads, while trying to avoid clicking the same thread multiple times. Of course, that's a bit tough with the hundreds of new postings we get here every day... :cool: grinning smiley

Seriously, I understand it would be nice if ALL links of a thread would jump to the first unread post, but then again, it makes just as much sense that they jump to the actual post which is clicked.
Whatever, works fine enough for me smiling smiley

Date: September 14, 2015 08:31PM

siria
JohnHell
They do to the last, not to the first unread by the user

not really: they link to the individual post which is clicked.
That means I'm simply starting from the bottom-up to open the threads, while trying to avoid clicking the same thread multiple times. Of course, that's a bit tough with the hundreds of new postings we get here every day... :cool: grinning smiley

Seriously, I understand it would be nice if ALL links of a thread would jump to the first unread post, but then again, it makes just as much sense that they jump to the actual post which is clicked.
Whatever, works fine enough for me smiling smiley

To avoid what you say, Siria, select in the second drop down list, next to the number of results, the third option that says "updated topics". Than only topics are shown. There, in that view, it would be so useful the link I was talking about.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.