Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
When there is NO correct answer ?!?
Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: January 18, 2016 05:56PM

So here goes - making another new posting...

At the top there is a checkbox for 'follow topic', which seems a good idea to use.

BUT:
There is no good or correct answer to getting notifications from this forum, it seems.

Once checked, and the post submitted - when one looks at the subscribed posts list that new posting -may- even appear, but will have the 'email' dropdown set to 'no'.

One then must then change that, AND save the page - just to get what should have worked that way on its own, to begin with.

Further - when one makes a reply - and uses the 'follow topic' and/or 'email replies' check boxes - similar results occur with this nonsense behaving as a toggle that disables (or ???) the preferred setting.

And - best of all - even after one makes all the effort to be sure the topic is followed AND the email setting is on...the forum only sends notification emails sporadically anyhow.

Bottom line:
In order to MAYBE get emailed notifications of replies - one must make a really excessive effort to get everything just so every single time - and despite that effort - it will still work only every now and then.

Ree-dik-oh-rous, I say.

T'were me (which it ain't, here is where I would start looking:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1469525 )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2016 06:00PM by smallhagrid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When there is NO correct answer ?!?
Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: January 25, 2016 05:43PM

SHHHHH - BE VEWY, VEWY KWIET....!
I just made a new posting and selected 'follow topic' as well as 'email me replies' and...and...and:

It appeared properly in the followed topic list !!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to hold onto my chair while the world spun around me.

Very, Very Cool.

I hope this function continues to work better.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.