Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
internet kills - literally: innocent people get LYNCHED!!
Posted by: siria
Date: July 05, 2018 06:41AM

Internet combined with mass stupidity = murder

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-44709103

Who can stop India WhatsApp lynchings?
India's government has asked messaging service WhatsApp to act urgently to halt the spread of "irresponsible and explosive messages" on its platform after a spate of deadly attacks. But will it have any effect, asks the BBC's Ayeshea Perera.

The statement comes amid a spate of mob lynchings that have killed at least 17 people across India in the last three months. Media reports put the number of dead higher. The violence has been blamed on rumours of child kidnappings, spread over WhatsApp, which have led people to attack strangers.

Police say it is proving hard to get people to believe that the messages are false.

Incredible. Things get worse and worse.
And governments always seem completely helpless when it comes to this out-of-all-laws thing "internet". Evil people of all sorts can happily do whatever they want there, now even KILL, never having to fear any consequences.
I'll never get it. Honest and good people are constantly spied out and tracked with every little step they do or word they write and every cent they pay, under the pretense to 'help and protect' them, yet as soon as evil idiots or criminals are having fun harming others, even horribly, politicians claim there were not the slightest chance to find them. Happy stealing, happy killing!

Poor world. I shudder thinking about the future. Every year the decline speeds up more sad smiley
Then again, it's not only the internet. Whole society. People in power, politicians, judges, corporate monopolists, incredibly brutal persons, violant gangs and international clans. Lies and brutality and injustice everywhere, and increasing fast. People seem to like such societies again. They abolish democraties everywhere again, and elect dictators. The more they lie and the more anti-social they are, the more they like them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2018 06:52AM by siria.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: internet kills - literally: innocent people get LYNCHED!!
Posted by: smallhagrid
Date: July 05, 2018 08:12PM

I seriously enjoy words that do the best at describing accurately - and here is a truly great word:
> Kakistocracy
> A kakistocracy is a system of government which is run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens.
> This word was used as early as the seventeenth century
Max Igan gives it an even better definition though, in his words:
Kakistocracy = Sh*t People.
That is just so fitting & correct.

How the sh*t people are so powerful & so in charge of things & have been for so very long though - that is the question which needs to be asked, correctly answered & faced squarely=>
The simplest answer to that question is that the largest number of people living now & before now are unwilling to empower themselves to get beyond the emotional pain of accepting that their entire lives are being DICTATED by a very much smaller number of sh*t people. (If a shorter bit of verbiage is preferred, 'bosses' also works well, though it is not as well descriptive.)

And while tossing the word 'sh*t' about so freely here - it reminds of a visit to Plimoth Plantation, and asking for directions to the 'bathroom'...such a funny thing to go through with its attendant thought process !!

Why ??
Because the inevitable response related more to their seasonal bathing than to defecation - and once the initial confusing amusement was bypassed, the normal, ordinary (non-swear) words used were exactly P*SS & SH*T; simply because pee & poop had not yet been invented in that historical period.
(It is also quite funny to note that we prefer to defecate in the room assigned to bathing.)

Now back to what spurred this email to start with...Max Igan & an actually very tolerable talk by him.
His weekly podcast usually drones on & on for an hour - yes, he is wise & a good speaker, but that is just too long even when sped up to 1.25 speed.

BUT - here is a talk by him in which he only speaks for around 26 minutes total & it is really ALL 'good sh*t'. Definitely worthy of a full listen with one's undivided attention IMO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iqr2SdE2Do

Now, after saying all that - do I think that this world at large will turn its back on its evil minded bosses, resist the PTB for what it really is - and get better after all ??
I'm not going to answer here because I'm certain that most folks already know my answer.

I will add this much though:
Until & unless many, many, many more people get well & past their engineered arrested development & emotionally centered behaviours, those factors alone will make certain of the extinction of our species BY ITS OWN HANDS (and inaction).

I know, I know - this isn't very cheerful stuff, but it all still seemed worthy of sharing - especially in a thread about wanton murder based upon nonsense.

Re: internet kills - literally: innocent people get LYNCHED!!
Posted by: J.G.
Date: July 14, 2018 11:36AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_by_death_toll

There was no Internet those days. :s

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.