Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
Access Errors to KM-Forum only with KM
Posted by: Voltaire
Date: February 26, 2021 11:12AM

Today I was writing an answer here ... but when trying to post something went wrong ... sad smiley

Now I can access the thread overview in the forum – but when selecting some of the threads I get either:

The database connection failed. Please check your database configuration in include/db/config.php. If the configuration is okay, check if the database server is running.

or

An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: kmeleonbrowser.org
2. URL path: /forum/read.php
3. Error notes: Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe
4. Error type: 403
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: 1,154549
7. Time: 2021-02-26 09:59:19 UTC (1614333559)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):

Contact the project via their designated support resources.
    Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at user-name@users.sourceforge.net

If you are a maintainer of this web content, please refer to the Site Documentation regarding web services for further assistance.

NOTE: As of 2008-10-23 directory index display has been disabled by default. This option may be re-enabled by the project by placing a file with the name ".htaccess" with this line:

Options +Indexes

There are some links inside that are not citable as I am told that they contain forbidden words.

It also happened with url path "/forum/" and request query string "NONE" ...

This only happened with KM75.1 (not with other browser) on the same PC.

PS: error is gone now and does not happen anymore ...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2021 11:56AM by Voltaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Access Errors to KM-Forum only with KM
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: February 26, 2021 03:33PM

Voltaire
Today I was writing an answer here ... but when trying to post something went wrong ... sad smiley

Now I can access the thread overview in the forum – but when selecting some of the threads I get either:

The database connection failed. Please check your database configuration in include/db/config.php. If the configuration is okay, check if the database server is running.

That is SourceForge overloaded by spammers that, in turn, actually is an overload of the K-meleon pages/databases.

We can't do anything from here.

P.S.: I say spammers, but it is any bad actor, actually. The net is more of a jungle than what it was 20 years ago in terms of hacking and cracking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2021 03:51PM by JohnHell.

Re: Access Errors to KM-Forum only with KM
Posted by: Voltaire
Date: February 27, 2021 03:18AM

... btw: could be that it was me myself ... I remember having pressed the send button more than once as there did not seem any reaction of having sent the post — and that was the result ... :|

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.